PDA

View Full Version : Deployments suck!

KrystalS
07-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I just watched my DH get on the bus to leave for his 4th deployment. It doesn't get any easier no matter how many times I watch him walk away. The hardest part is watching him say goodbye to the kids, knowing that he is going to watch them grow up in photos and videos for the next year. DS is 9 months and he will change so much before DH sees him again. DS is young enough that he doesn't understand but I know he will wonder where his Daddy has gone. DD is 7 and understands it all so it is much harder for her.
We made several videos with DH and the kids, and several videos of him reading to the kids. It will be awhile before I can play those without crying though.

crl
07-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I am so sorry. Thank you for your sacrifices.

Catherine

nfowife
07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Yes they do suck. From one military wife to another, thank you and big hugs :hug:. I hope the next year flies by. Does he get to come home halfway through for some R&R? Can you skype?

LMPC
07-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I can't even imagine how difficult this must be! Thoughts for your entire family! And I echo crl when I say thank you for your incredible sacrifices so that I may live in peace!

buddyleebaby
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
:hug: I'm sorry.

lalasmama
07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Still-involved-ex-SO leaves for AT tomorrow, and I have been whiney about his 3 weeks on the other side of the world. Thank you for the reminder that it could be so much tougher. We have (rather, he has) missed every order for deployment that's come down. I've been quite thankful of course, but its still so tough to watch the families dealing with thier mom/dad/SO/DW/DH/son/daughter leaving. I just can't imagine!

Thank you to your DH for his service, and thank you to you and your DC for your sacrifices.

amldaley
07-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Super big hugs to you! Just know that you can always come here to the BBB. I don't know what I would have done on the last deployment without the folks here! (And we just learned two days ago that DH leaves again in Feb...and I am due in Feb...ugh).

:hug:

P.S. Lots of Skype, Hallmark recordable books, videos, and a Daddy Doll.

DietCokeLover
07-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I can only imagine how hard that must be. Thank you and your family for your sacrifice. The ones who stay behind are just as big of heroes in my mind.

Indianamom2
07-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm so sorry.

But please take comfort in knowing that there are many, many of us who are praying for you your husband AND for YOU and your children. And we owe you all a great debt of gratitude for your tremendous sacrifice.

Thank you, from our family.:hug:

liz
07-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I am sorry. I can't imagine what you and your family are feeling right now :hug:.
Please know that my family and I are so very, very grateful for your and DH's sacrifice. Thank you.

Cam&Clay
07-10-2011, 10:26 PM
:hug:

Another military wife here...I feel your pain. It sucks so much. DH retired in December, but he's deploying with a contractor in September. He'll be gone for 6 months. A year is horrifying, especially with little ones.

Feel free to lean on us. Although I might need to lean back come September...

kerridean
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
DH just got back in October. My thoughts are with you. I hope it goes as smooth and quickly as possible.

MoJo
07-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm so sorry.

But please take comfort in knowing that there are many, many of us who are praying for you your husband AND for YOU and your children. And we owe you all a great debt of gratitude for your tremendous sacrifice.

Thank you, from our family.:hug:

And from ours:grouphug:.

JTsMom
07-11-2011, 07:31 AM
:grouphug: Thank you so much for you and your family's sacrifice. We're all here for you when you want someone to listen.

KrystalS
07-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you all so much, it really helps to know how many people appreciate our sacrifice. DH does get to come home for R&R, he usually waits until the 7-8 month mark because it makes the 2nd half of the deployment go by a lot faster. It's also easier for the kids because they get into a routine the first half of deployment and then after R&R it is easier to count down the days until Daddy comes home!

He will have internet access for about the first 5 months so we will be able to skype. He is going to Iraq so we don't know what is going to happen after December.

Momit
07-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Thank you to your DH for his service, and to your whole family for the sacrifices you are all making.

lmwbasye
07-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Big Hugs!!

We are a week behind you (DH will be in the same place) and I'm dreading it! Another year...we've never had shorter....and I'm just weary. And to top it off Liam is losing it...his behavior has gone through the roof and he even cut through his bedroom screen to run outside so he could "go to camp" (he was in his room to calm down). So, now I'm not just stressing about DH but I have to worry about my 6 year old "running away" and we live in a not great city. I cannot stand it here. Sigh.

Anyway, I've PMd you recently with my e-mail so feel free to message me anytime as we'll be in this together.

kdeunc
07-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I am sorry. I cannot imagine what your family goes through. Know that it is appreciated. :hug:

infomama
07-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Holding you all up through this deployment. Huge huge hugs :grouphug::grouphug:

mariza
07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I am so sorry. Thank you for your sacrifices.

Catherine

:yeahthat: I have no other words, just :grouphug:

hopeful_mama
07-11-2011, 12:09 PM
:grouphug: and best wishes to you all.