PDA

View Full Version : Have to share

HIU8
07-10-2011, 09:53 PM
My extremely picky eater ate the following this weekend:

homemade chicken tenders (crust and all)
Ketsup
french fry wedges
morning star fams grillers
cheese squares
the carmel in the apple dippers from Target (thanks DH he could have done without the carmel)--I've never offered him the caramel. He just eats the apples.

DS has a medium size list of foods he will eat and nothing else. Looks like we are in an expansion year (YIPEEE!!!!!!!).

crl
07-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Score! :yay:

Catherine

DietCokeLover
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Yippee! There is hope for my two picky eaters.

kijip
07-10-2011, 11:06 PM
:banana:

Awesome.

wellyes
07-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Awesome!
I bet there are some people out there thinking : you got your kid to eat chicken nuggets and fries and caramel, so what, those should be TREATS. And that is true. In an ideal world. In our world, I would be truly thrilled to get my DD to have that variety. (DS'll eat anything). I get it and I am happy for you :)

HIU8
07-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I should have said chicken tenders (basically thin chicken with a breading). I don't allow DS to eat mcD's chicken nuggets etc... Heck, he just started eating chicken in general about 6 months ago. As for the apple dippers, I was peeved at DH for offering the caramel, b/c DS will eat the apples and plain is how he should eat them. DS does eat fries (but the thin ones). These were actual potato wedges and DS has never eaten anything potato except thin fries. I'm hoping he will try mashed soon.

But, yeah, I bet some people are thinking that my DS should not be eating some of this stuff anyway. DS's foods have included pizza, gyro meat, burgers, spagettios, wedding soup, mac n cheese (the box) and that's basically it. That is what he has eaten for the past 4 years.

Now DD, she eats whatever is put in front of her. I'm loving that she will eat whatever I cook for dinner. It's SOOOOOOOO nice.

sidmand
07-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I get it. I was thrilled when DS started eating pizza! Most kids would LOVE pizza. We still have no pasta whatsoever (even mac and cheese) but have expanded to grilled cheese sandwiches (which I make in the toaster:bag) and...yeah, that's about it. Oh, anything with chocolate chips in it, i.e., chocolate vitatops, chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip Z bars...yeah, I get it!

DD ONLY eats the apple dippers at McD (w/o caramel) and sometimes I so wish she'd at least try/like the nuggets or burgers because it would make life easier sometimes. Ah well. I should be happy she loves fruit so much since the only fruit DS still will have is freeze dried strawberries. For 5 1/2 years that's been the only fruit he'll have!

Pear
07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
My extremely picky and skinny kid ate chicken nuggets dipped in caramel sauce and I was thrilled. She has substantial food aversions due to the fact that she had to have a mouth problem surgically corrected and until it was done eating caused her pain. When she ate chicken the first time I actually cried even though it was from Mcdonalds. I don't think people who have just slightly picky eaters can understand that sometimes you have to compromise your food philosophy.

TwoBees
07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment!

Kaylee31
07-11-2011, 10:18 AM
That's good news, I'm happy for you! :) I'm really hoping the picky eater thing is just a phase. DS basically will only eat fruit, cheese, yogurt, fries, pancakes, and muffins; sometimes pizza. Not exactly a healthy diet. He won't even eat grilled cheese, or mac & cheese anymore. He rarely touches meat or veggies-- although he will eat shrimp & rice off of my plate (but not his own) if I make stirfry.