PDA

View Full Version : Any other soon to be Sept Moms getting cranky?

BabbyO
07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I was in rare form this weekend...I really tried not to be cranky. But after letting DH sleep in, doing 5 loads of laundry, doing the dishes and watching a demanding 2 yo the entire morning yesterday, I exploded when DH didn't have DS dressed when I got out of the shower (After expressing that I wanted to get out and do something fun for the afternoon).

I read this morning that around this time (30 wks) mood swings can come back...I guess they really did. I don't remember this with the last one...but then I wasn't working FT and taking care of a 2 yo and daddy acting like a 2 yo! :)

Anyone else noticing some crankiness?

scrooks
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I remember when I was pregnant with DS this time of the summer just got hard. I was BIG and it was HOT. Chasing DD around was really hard! I think all that you are doing combined with hormones is enough to make anyone super cranky!

BabbyO
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I remember when I was pregnant with DS this time of the summer just got hard. I was BIG and it was HOT. Chasing DD around was really hard! I think all that you are doing combined with hormones is enough to make anyone super cranky!

You're probably right...but it did make me feel a little better to see that the hormones were probably adding to it!

soon2b4
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes, I heard myself get really cranky this weekend, too. Glad to hear there is a reason besides just being really tired. Reflux and sleep are not going hand-in-hand right now.

Tobermory
07-11-2011, 01:49 PM
i'm totally cranky right now! i agree with scrooks that the height of summer AND being super pregnant probably isn't the best of combinations in the first place... but i really feel best if people just leave me alone right now. everything rubs me the wrong way.

BayGirl2
07-11-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm just about ready to be done with this too, and I have until mid-Sept. About 2 weeks ago I started to feel really big. (And I'm not even that big, I've gained 20 lbs less than I did with DS.)

Its not even that hot where I live, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the fun summer things I love - like drinking at our 4th of July block party, walking to the beach, just being active in general. We walked to the beach for a free concert on Fri night and my back was so sore by the time I got there I decided I can no longer go that far (~1+ mile) until the baby is out.

This morning I was super frustrated about work too. Not for any good reason, except that I didn't sleep well last night. At this point I am trying to get all the baby prep out of the way so I can just sit around for the rest of the time and try to keep up with a 2 year old.

BabbyO
07-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm just about ready to be done with this too, and I have until mid-Sept. About 2 weeks ago I started to feel really big. (And I'm not even that big, I've gained 20 lbs less than I did with DS.)

Its not even that hot where I live, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the fun summer things I love - like drinking at our 4th of July block party, walking to the beach, just being active in general. We walked to the beach for a free concert on Fri night and my back was so sore by the time I got there I decided I can no longer go that far (~1+ mile) until the baby is out.

This morning I was super frustrated about work too. Not for any good reason, except that I didn't sleep well last night. At this point I am trying to get all the baby prep out of the way so I can just sit around for the rest of the time and try to keep up with a 2 year old.

Wow...I didn't notice till now...our kids are really going to be about the same age. DS1 is a July 2009 baby...and I'm due Sept. 21 (though if I follow through like I did with DS1 I'm guessing he'll be born closer to the 18th or 19th).

I really started feeling big about 1-2 weeks ago, too...and I DO not have the patience to keep up with my "hitting the terrible two's" 2 yo! It doesn't help that DH has started weight watchers again and will be cranky for the next couple weeks...so he's acting like a 2 yo, too!

Walking actually makes me feel better as long as I get out to do it regularly...but bending over to pick up after DS...that makes me feel pukey. Guess which I do more of! :)

Good luck...we'll make it!

BayGirl2
07-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow...I didn't notice till now...our kids are really going to be about the same age. DS1 is a July 2009 baby...and I'm due Sept. 21 (though if I follow through like I did with DS1 I'm guessing he'll be born closer to the 18th or 19th).

I really started feeling big about 1-2 weeks ago, too...and I DO not have the patience to keep up with my "hitting the terrible two's" 2 yo! It doesn't help that DH has started weight watchers again and will be cranky for the next couple weeks...so he's acting like a 2 yo, too!

Walking actually makes me feel better as long as I get out to do it regularly...but bending over to pick up after DS...that makes me feel pukey. Guess which I do more of! :)

Good luck...we'll make it!

You're right, we will be very close. I'm due 9/16 and DS was early June, he was right on time.

I'm trying to walk some, and I feel ok if its a reasonable amount. I generally walk a lot to get places and some things - like anything over 20-30 minutes - is starting hurt my back. DS is in a "carry me everywhere" phase right now. He stands on my feet until I pick him up. I get especially tired carrying him up the stairs. And bending over - ughh - why can't things just not fall on the floor? I have no more room in there.

Can you tell I have gotten in an even better mood as the day progressed? Now I'm more tired, baby is still kicking me painfully, and I feel guilty because I've wasted way too much time online when I should be working. :-)

BabbyO
07-12-2011, 09:17 AM
You're right, we will be very close. I'm due 9/16 and DS was early June, he was right on time.

I'm trying to walk some, and I feel ok if its a reasonable amount. I generally walk a lot to get places and some things - like anything over 20-30 minutes - is starting hurt my back. DS is in a "carry me everywhere" phase right now. He stands on my feet until I pick him up. I get especially tired carrying him up the stairs. And bending over - ughh - why can't things just not fall on the floor? I have no more room in there.

Can you tell I have gotten in an even better mood as the day progressed? Now I'm more tired, baby is still kicking me painfully, and I feel guilty because I've wasted way too much time online when I should be working. :-)

Yep, DS is in the same mood...but it is definitely specific to me...Mommy carry me everywhere.

Longer walks are still ok for me as long as I'm not walking too fast. DH wanted to walk last night and I thought I was going to die trying to keep up with him!

I hope you get a bit of a break! :)

ashleybama24
07-12-2011, 09:31 AM
I knew I hit the 3rd trimester because the mood swings and crankiness started. It's hot, you're pregnant, and uncomfortable so you have every right to be a little grumpy!

BayGirl2
07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Yep, DS is in the same mood...but it is definitely specific to me...Mommy carry me everywhere.

Longer walks are still ok for me as long as I'm not walking too fast. DH wanted to walk last night and I thought I was going to die trying to keep up with him!

I hope you get a bit of a break! :)

Yeah - DS majorly favors Daddy right now, but wants me to carry him. So not only do I get the heavy lifting, he doesn't even like me!

Except this morning before leaving for daycare. He said "mommy" and grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him to give me a kiss. :love5: That kind of 2 year old behavior makes it all worth it.

bisous
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Um. Yes. Due mid September and definitely FEELING cranky. This is different than my normal, uncomfortable and hot self. This is an emotional roller coaster that seems unequivocally to be rooted in hormones!

Also, my spacing is "similar" to y'all. I also have a July kid. Of course, he's July 2007 but I know a few people IRL with similar (July then Sept.) spacing. What is up with that??

Feel better mamas!

BabbyO
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, the siding contractor just found out that DH is WAY nicer to deal with than his 3-tri pg wife who's taking no more bull from these guys. Get out here and do my job or I'll hire someone else to do it!

(Of course pg or not, I'm always the bad cop when it comes to contractors. It blindsides them every time...until they find out I'm an engineer and deal with contractors all the time!)

sewarsh
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow - this thread is timely for me.
i'm due with #3 on Sept 3rd so I'm 32 weeks prego.

i'm SOOO over this fricken pregnancy and i'm having a good one! i'm having a really hard time this time around. I don't know if its because i'm older, stay home full time or because i now have 2 kids (just turned 5 and about to turn 3) as opposed to having 1 or none.

anyways, yes, its hot, but truthfully, i'm more pained by keeping up with my kids and having to bend over 9 million times a day to pick **** up!!!!!!!

i literally started screaming and swearing at DH last night as i had been up since 4:45am (fricken can't sleep - so uncomfortable, ligament pains, peeing, up with DD, etc. MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NEWBORN!!) and it was 10:45pm and i was folding laundry as he's sprouled out on the bed - he was exhausted becuase he played golf after work - SEE MY POLL IN BABY LOUNGE.

Anywyas, i'm with you girl. this is hard. i can't believe i have 8 more weeks left.

But i know we can do it!! :)

BabbyO
07-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow - this thread is timely for me.
i'm due with #3 on Sept 3rd so I'm 32 weeks prego.

i'm SOOO over this fricken pregnancy and i'm having a good one! i'm having a really hard time this time around. I don't know if its because i'm older, stay home full time or because i now have 2 kids (just turned 5 and about to turn 3) as opposed to having 1 or none.

anyways, yes, its hot, but truthfully, i'm more pained by keeping up with my kids and having to bend over 9 million times a day to pick **** up!!!!!!!

i literally started screaming and swearing at DH last night as i had been up since 4:45am (fricken can't sleep - so uncomfortable, ligament pains, peeing, up with DD, etc. MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NEWBORN!!) and it was 10:45pm and i was folding laundry as he's sprouled out on the bed - he was exhausted becuase he played golf after work - SEE MY POLL IN BABY LOUNGE.

Anywyas, i'm with you girl. this is hard. i can't believe i have 8 more weeks left.

But i know we can do it!! :)

I just saw your other post, too. I'm totally with you...I'd have been yelling. And as I mentioned in that thread...I WAS the one yelling on Sunday! :)

Bending over is the worst...but maybe I can make you laugh.

Monday night swimming lessons started. It is a parent/child class (DS is 2 yo) so a parent has to be in the water with the kids. For one of the activities the kids hold hands and walk in a circle while singing this "Motor Boat, Motor Boat..." song. When they stop, they are supposed to bend over and blow bubbles in the water. Our lessons are at the lake and DS and I got stopped right in front of the beach at the shallowest part of the circle. I tried to bend over to show DS how to blow bubbles and I couldn't reach the water with my face even though I was on my knees! I felt like if I tried to bend over any further my belly would pull me right over, face first out of control into the water! Thankfully one of the teachers saw I was struggling and showed DS! It was funny though!