PDA

View Full Version : LOFT Dresses - Warning

arivecchi
07-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to warn others. I bought two summer dresses at LOFT and one shrunk quite a bit. Now I am afraid to wash the other one! It's too bad because I really like them!

DrSally
07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Were they cotton? Did they shrink everywhere or mostly the length? I've been wanting to buy some, but haven't made it there yet.

elektra
07-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Happened to me too.
The one I got is not longer on the site or else I would post a link. It was the purple sleeveless one.

arivecchi
07-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Not sure about the materials. I can check when I get home. I returned it because it was literally several inches shorter. It shrunk a lot. The store manager recommended washing their items in cold water gentle cycle and drip drying.

WatchingThemGrow
07-11-2011, 01:49 PM
LOFT or LOFT Outlet? I should check mine from the Outlet.

DrSally
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow! That's a lot of shrinkage.

ashleybama24
07-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I noticed that the LOFT has really changed their fabrics in the last few years. I have bought some dress shirts that literally feel like a blouse from Target at twice the price. I also found that some of their dress pants aren't as nice as they used to be....no lining, thinner material, stretched out faster.

mypa
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I just bought some of their cotton knit dresses, too and noticed that they do shrink quite a bit. I only recently started buying at LOFT and noticed that anything that has cotton in it seems to shrink much more than other brands (LE, Target). The dresses shrank a bit in width but a lot more in length, but since I'm short it actually worked out in my favor. I can see how for someone taller it would be quite short.

Since most of their clothes seem to run big, they actually end up fitting better on me after they shrink. Now, I make sure they are not tight when I try them on before buying.

I do really love the summer knit dresses I got but in terms of quality of their merchandise I wouldn't pay anything more than 50% of original price.

ett
07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the warning. I just got a LOFT dress that I haven't washed yet. When I tried the next size up in the store, it was huge on me but maybe I should size up and expect shrinkage?