PDA

View Full Version : What color toe nail polish

niccig
07-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm actually having a pedicure in an hour - using a gift certificate I got soooo long ago. I don't go often and when I do, I stand in front of the rainbow of colour and can not decide.

So...something summery, colorful..but not too dramatic. A friend's signature colour is blue - looks great on her, not for me though.

Thanks.

BabyDahl
07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Find a bright pink or bright orange, very summery but not too drastic. Opi has some great neon colors right now. Fun, I love pedicures :D

mackmama
07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
I really like a pale silver.

BabbyO
07-11-2011, 01:21 PM
FWIW...not sure if you're already there. I'm a big fan of peach or shimery orange...summery but still fairly neutral.

crl
07-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Coral is summery and not too dramatic. I really like plum, but that may be darker than you want.

Catherine

niccig
07-11-2011, 01:23 PM
FWIW...not sure if you're already there. I'm a big fan of peach or shimery orange...summery but still fairly neutral.

still at home..

billysmommy
07-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I just did Essie Funny Face (a gorgeous summery bright pink) on my toes and Essie Beach Bum Blu on my fingers. Then I bought a few of the Sally Hansen pens in white, bright pink and aqua. I added white polka dots to my toes and bright pink polka dots to my fingers. I love them!!!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/IMG_0134.jpg http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/IMG_0141.jpg

boolady
07-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I have Essie It's Genius on my toes right now. I'm sure it's technically a winter color, but I love it.
http://deathbypolish.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/itsgenius.jpg

AnnieW625
07-11-2011, 01:38 PM
BooLady-- love that It's Genius from Essie. It looks like a clone of the OPI polish I have been trying to replace for the last 10 yrs. since the original got discontinued.

Right now for pinks I really like Watermelon from Essie, it's one of the ones they are selling at Target.

I also really like China Glaze polishes which are available at some drug stores, but always at Sally. I like Fifth Avenue.

I always want the color I end up getting if I pick a random color off of the rack so I don't have to worry about going in for retouches or if on a whim I want my nails to match, which I will do on my own. So if you pick something from the rack you might want to find out if it's still available.

My finger nails end up being a rainbow of colors before I finally chose one.

waitingforgrace
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
I like warm bright pinks or bright mauve shades.

niccig
07-11-2011, 02:06 PM
thanks all...I like the pink recommendations...i'll let you know

niccig
07-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks all. They did not have the great colours you all listed. I did go with the pink/orange suggestion and it's a pinky orange :D Not too vibrant, not too pale. I will though look for the colours you all suggested to take with me next time.

DrSally
07-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I like a light silver on my toenails. A lot of ladies here like "Dutch Tulips"--a red-orange, which is from OPI, I think.

SnuggleBuggles
07-11-2011, 09:37 PM
I went with a dark purple. I never go dark but I loved it!!!

Beth

niccig
07-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I like a light silver on my toenails. A lot of ladies here like "Dutch Tulips"--a red-orange, which is from OPI, I think.

THat's prettier than what I have...googled and got some pics of it on. I can have trouble looking at colour in bottle and then seeing it on me.

I'm going to get this one and a couple of others mentioned and have them with me for next time...

mjmamma
07-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I went with a dark purple. I never go dark but I loved it!!!

Beth
I love Revlon Grape! It motivated me to go to a Dark Blue and I just bought a metallic-y Green today.
I only used to wear creme and am now wearing Coral, age is making me adventurous.