PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Indie - front wheel sticks/wobbles?

monalua
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Looking for advice from the experts. Just got a 2011 Bumbleride Indie from Amazon, took it out today, loved it. Used it in a stroller workout class where we run very briefly a few times during class (like 1-2 minutes max at a time). The front wheel was sticking big time and wobbling like crazy. Is this normal? I found when I locked the wheel, it was fine, so that's what I did. It's just a bit of a pain because we're not running for a long period of time and it's harder to maneuver when it's locked. I don't plan to jog with it for extended periods of time so it's not a big deal, but I was thinking if it's not normal maybe I should see if Amazon will let me exchange it? Or maybe I put it together wrong (will have my hubby look at it tonight)?

Thanks for any input. As an update, my son, who hates the Bob, loves the Indie so far. The seat is much more upright and the bumper bar is fab for him to hang onto!

PeppyParents
07-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi,

On a normal Indie that is assembled right, there shouldn't be a wobble or stickiness.

Right out of the box, the front steering MAY be a little tight but should loosen up quickly.

You just want to make sure that all 3 tires are filled equally, and that the wheel on the front fork is mounted straight into the fork (i.e., the left and right side on the axle are equal into the slot).

If you've done all that, and you still have a wobble and tightness on steering, there may be an issue on the stroller.

georgiegirl
07-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Wheel needs to be locked while jogging/running. Is the wheel wobbly when you are just walking?

monalua
07-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the input. The wheel does not "stick" or wobble when we're just walking. Only when jogging (lightly at that) with the wheel not fixed. Of course, I realize the Indie is not a dedicated jogger so I'm sure that plays into it.

hollissmama
07-11-2011, 02:59 PM
we just bought an indie 2011 and the front wheel glides effortlessly when walking or jogging.I would say there is something wrong with it.

crl
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
That sounds off to me. Mine does not wobble even when I have run with it to catch my older ds.

Catherine

Bumbleride
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi Monalua!

I am sorry to hear your front wheel is wobbling/sticking. I would be glad to help.

The front wheel should be locked for any speed above a brisk walk. As you noticed maneuverability is affected when the front wheel is locked. For this reason we recommend pivoting on the rear wheels for quick turning adjustments while the front wheel is locked.

If your wheel continues to stick or wobble at a walk's pace while unlocked, please contact our Customer Care at 1 800 530 3930 or info[at]bumbleride[dot]com. We are happy to assist you further!

Best,

monalua
07-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow thanks for the replies and thanks Bumbleride! Sounds like I need to lock it for jogging then. But I wonder why other's Indies don't have this issue? I still need to have my husband look at my assembly job.

roseyloxs
07-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I never got the sticking but I got a wobble if I tried to quickly pick up the speed over an uneven surface. Its really not that hard to just lock and unlock the wheel but if the running is very brief you also have the option of just tilting the stroller back and jogging on just the back two wheels. Then you never have to lock the front wheel because you won't be using it.

amom526
07-15-2011, 10:36 AM
We had the same problem, and only realized after the wheel actually fell off that we had assembled it completely wrong...oops. now it works like a dream.