PDA

View Full Version : Merrell shoes?

Uno-Mom
07-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Hey guys, today my chiro mentioned that the pancake-flat soles in my Converse and worn out Teevas weren't doing my leg/hip pain any favors. Since I need to buy some new shoes anyway, I asked her for suggestions.

Have you tried Merrell shoes? She gave me the name and I just looked them up. They're kinda cute. I'm interested in tennies, sandles and/or that pseudo flats style. Not sure which I'll go with - maybe a couple styles if I can find a great bargain.

It's strange to me to just go out and buy a $80+ pair of shoes. :) Except for my doc boots, I've always just picked up random clearance ones at Nordstrom Rack!

PS: for work I need closed toes ... backs to my shoes ... good traction and bonus if they look semi-professional. (I'm a behavioral consultant so I need to look respectable but I also need to be able to move quickly and keep safe as needed.)

joules
07-12-2011, 01:06 AM
I have flat feet too, but they haven't caused any problems for me yet.

I have 2 pairs of Merrells and I LOVE them. I got my first pair (Siren Sport Gore-Tex) at REI on sale. And my second pair (Siren Sport Stretch?? doesn't have normal laces - has cables and a toggle thing to tighten) at the Merrell outlet for 75% off.

Maybe try REI first b/c they have a great return policy so you can figure out which styles work for you.

I wear them on casual Friday's with jeans.

crl
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM
I have found merrells really comfortable! And mine have held up well too. I'd check out the zappos reviews to help choose a style.

Catherine

TamiRuns
07-12-2011, 06:48 AM
I scored a pair of Merrells last summer at TJ Maxx for $40. Love them and they are super comfy!

azazela
07-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I've only had the basic Moc style (http://www.shoebuy.com/merrell-womens-jungle-mocs.htm) but I love them! They last forever and are super comfy. I wear them, hubby wears them and my 4 year old wears them. Even my mom wears them! They are my go-to "sneakers" for non-exercising activities since I hate shoelaces. In fact I got my first pair of real sneakers last year when I started exercising. Previously to that I haven't had a pair since high school, and that was only for gym class. :rotflmao:

vonfirmath
07-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Hey guys, today my chiro mentioned that the pancake-flat soles in my Converse and worn out Teevas weren't doing my leg/hip pain any favors. Since I need to buy some new shoes anyway, I asked her for suggestions.

Have you tried Merrell shoes? She gave me the name and I just looked them up. They're kinda cute. I'm interested in tennies, sandles and/or that pseudo flats style. Not sure which I'll go with - maybe a couple styles if I can find a great bargain.

I wear Merrell jungle mocs (wearing them today even)

I got them originally when pregnant with DS. They have enough "flex" in them to deal with my swollen feet. And they are SO comfortable I've just kept wearing them ever since, buying a new pair whenever I wear one out. (They seem to last about 2 years of everyday wear)

I wear them everyday to work (even when I worked in an engineering firm), to church, everything.

ett
07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
I have several pairs of Merrells and they are all super comfy. I just got a pair of Merrell clogs on clearance from Nordstrom Rack for $13. Marshalls and TJ Maxx also has discounted Merrells. I'm currently wearing a pair of Merrell sandals that I got on sale from REI for $25.

Uno-Mom
07-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks, everybody! I think I'll find a BM store and try a few on.

I tend to find shoes and then where them every.single.day for years (summer= my teevas, fall/winter/sprig = my doc boots,) so this feels like the start of a committed relationship! :)

hillview
07-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I've only had the basic Moc style (http://www.shoebuy.com/merrell-womens-jungle-mocs.htm) but I love them! They last forever and are super comfy. I wear them, hubby wears them and my 4 year old wears them. Even my mom wears them! They are my go-to "sneakers" for non-exercising activities since I hate shoelaces. In fact I got my first pair of real sneakers last year when I started exercising. Previously to that I haven't had a pair since high school, and that was only for gym class. :rotflmao:

:yeahthat:

AnnieW625
07-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I also have pretty flat feet, but also have a high instep. I prefer the look of Danskos to the Merrell mocs that were linked. My DH though loves his Merrell trail shoes. If I had to buy a pair of Merrells I'd most likely buy something a tad more feminine like these (http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/22865W/0/Womens/Siren-MJ?dimensions=20).

I do have shoes similar to these from Clarks Privo! (http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/polar_melt/38149) though and they are pretty comfortable and they have a tad more detail than the Merrell Mocs so I just like the look of them better.

mackmama
07-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I have back and knee problems, and I LOVE Merrell's. I wear them every day. These are my favorite styles:

http://www.zappos.com/merrell-encore-mj-black-canvas

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/21717W/0/Womens/Encore-Sidestep?dimensions=0

DrSally
07-12-2011, 09:40 PM
So, Merrell's for work and winter, What about brikenstocks for summer?

Uno-Mom
07-13-2011, 12:02 AM
So, Merrell's for work and winter, What about brikenstocks for summer?

Ooh... Birks! I haven't worn those since my old pair wore out in 10th grade, hippie child that I was. I loved those things. :heartbeat:

Now that I'm chasing a toddler, I'm scared to have backless sandles. I expect to trip and break my fool neck!

maestramommy
07-13-2011, 07:03 AM
I bought a pair of Merrell "light hikers" from Marshalls for less than $40. They look like a cross between a sneaker and a hiking shoe. I got them for winter but I basically wear them all the time if I'm not wearing flip flops. I LOVE these shoes.

I need to get another pair though. I sized up a little because I was recently post partum, and now they feel a little big and it's not doing my feet any favors. I agree with you about the flip flops, even though they are so convenient. I'm starting to feel it in my ankles.