PDA

View Full Version : Do you need both a bouncer AND a swing?

milanya
07-12-2011, 01:47 AM
I registered for the FB My Little Snugabunny swing; Another forum sings the praises of the bouncer - or will I habve to wait until DD arrives to see what she prefers?? :dizzy:

kaitlyns.mom
07-12-2011, 03:09 AM
IME with my two kids they generally like one or the other. DD hated the swing, loved the bouncer. DS was "meh" about the bouncer, slept in the swing for the first 4 months.

citymama
07-12-2011, 03:33 AM
My DD's both liked the swing. My older one hated the bouncer; the second tolerated it for a bit which allowed us to get thru breakfast etc. My recc would be if you're only getting one, get a smaller sized portable swing so you can move it around from room to room if need be.

SnuggleBuggles
07-12-2011, 08:42 AM
We liked having both. :) Both liked the bouncy seat with vibration best but the swing was a nice change of scenery. If you are having a shower, register for both. No harm in that.

Beth

artvandalay
07-12-2011, 08:44 AM
The bouncer is a must because it's so portable. I would take it and stick it by the door of the bathroom when I wanted to shower.

I thought the swing was an absolute must because kid #1 and kid #2 LOVED it. Kiddo 3? She hated it. It's actually going up on CL today!

I'd definitely register for the bouncer. If you don't want to register for the swing, you can always buy one used, just in case your baby doesn't like it. All swings are basically the same, anyway.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-12-2011, 08:57 AM
i use both heavily for my dd. usually the swing when she's tired and/or has trouble napping so it helps her sleep. the bouncer to keep her entertained when we are eating dinner or when i'm trying to feed ds.

when i just had one (my ds) i could hae probably gotten away with just having the swing.

BDKmom
07-12-2011, 09:12 AM
My DS loved them both. He would sit and play in either, but took lots of naps in the swing for 3-4 months. I think it's really nice to have both, as it gives you options. Some days your DC might prefer one and another day the other. Or one for a safe place to sit while you have to get something done, and the other for napping.

BabyBearsMom
07-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Do you "need" both? No. Is it nice to have both? Yes.

We had both a bouncer and swing and DD went through phases. DD loved the swing and would only sleep there from birth to 6 weeks, and still liked to nap in it until 3 or 4 months. Then around 3 months she was the bouncer queen again. I know some babies only like one or the other. I really liked the bouncer because I would bring it around the house with me so DD always had a spot to sit. So I could do laundry and bring it to the laundry room, take a shower and bring it in the bathroom, etc. etc. I loved the swing because from week 1 to 6 weeks, it was the only place on earth the child would sleep other than my arms. Without the swing, I would never have slept.

lowrioh
07-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Do you NEED both, no. Is it handy, yep.
I recommend keeping that swing on your list (I have it and it is really nice) and registering for a compact, inexpensive bouncer.
The bouncer is really handy because you can move it to where ever you are. We moved ours around from the office to our kitchen, to the family room, outside etc. You can't do that with a swing.
We have this one http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Infant-To-Toddler-Rocker-Blue-Green/dp/B000WUB9O4/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1310476626&sr=1-4 and DD2 can still sit in it where she would have been out of most traditional bouncers by now. My giant 3 year old can sit in it too without a problem. Although I wouldn't recommend it, we put the bouncer in the middle of the kitchen table at times. :bag

This one is similar but has a vibrate setting and I think it looks really cool.
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Brentwood-Collection-Rocker-Green/dp/B00361FHT4/ref=sr_1_31?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1310476775&sr=1-31

ETA: I clearly took way to long to compose this response...sorry for the nearly complete repetition of the PP.

momm
07-12-2011, 09:33 AM
W definitely use both. Both have different purposes as PPs said. I got them noth from craigslist, no way i would pay full price for either.

Bouncer was a godsend when i had to go the bqthroom especially. Swing, as PPs said, sleep or general low key entetainment

Also consider how much space you have at your house.

crl
07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
We used both and it was nice to have both. I did have a hand me down swing stop working and think the motor burned out. So I would do new for the swing or make sure it had only been used by one child if buying off of CL.

Catherine

mackmama
07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
We have both, but DC definitely prefers the swing. The bouncer has been handy, though, since it's portable and is a safe place to put DC when we run to the bathroom, etc.

milanya
07-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Wow, thanks everyone! I think I'm going to add a bouncer to my registry:wink2: