PDA

View Full Version : YAY! All of a sudden the Hanna catalog doesn't look appealing to me!

AnnieW625
07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I just got the new Hanna catalog yesterday, and I looked through it and honestly with the exception of the knee socks, and tights nothing appealed to me for DD1. DD1 needs no clothes what so ever, and neither does DD2 (although the red and pink owl jackets are darling and will be on my EOS list! Love that I have two options there:)). I had no idea that having to buy uniforms would totally curb my wanting to buy Hanna. I did think that the saddle clogs are adorable, but yeah no need for those either; maybe in a couple of years. Also the backpacks are fugly this season.

brgnmom
07-12-2011, 01:45 PM
ITA. I didn't splurge during the recent eos sale and didn't even go to the b&m store. I think I'm content w/ buying HA items at Costco. Lately, I've just been interested in making sure my DS has the basics for private school (K) which he is starting next month.

In light of all the private school fees, my interest in purchasing HA items has declined quickly.

citymama
07-12-2011, 01:48 PM
You know, this happens to me each year when the catalogs arrive. By EOS I somehow break down and when it arrives and the kids put them on, I love it all. I never buy during the main season anyway!

AnnieW625
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I bought some gifts at the EOS sale, but nothing for the girls. Prior to that I bought DD1 two $10 VG tank tops, and some bike shorts that were on sale in late April during the shorts sale, and they each got a Costco dress (although DD2's is too big for her now). The dress I did want for DD1 was sold out once it got under $25 which was steal because it was originally $42 (for a knit playdress:shake:)

BabyBearsMom
07-12-2011, 03:54 PM
ITA. I got the catalogue yesterday and horded it for my post-bedtime alone time. I was so excited for it and then I looked through it and it was so meh. Very unappealing. I didn't dog-ear a single page!

citymama
07-12-2011, 03:57 PM
The dress I did want for DD1 was sold out once it got under $25 which was steal because it was originally $42 (for a knit playdress:shake:)

which one was it? the only dress i bought this year was the Flutter baby dress in 80 for DD2 (green/pink stripes with butterfly - so cute). I also got DD1 a scooter set and swimsuit and DD2 the adorable kitty onesie/pants set and rashguard one-piece -- all at second markdowns at EOS! and i love it all.

not so crazy about fall now, and DD1 pretty much thinks fall hanna is babyish now (except leggings and unders, which she loves). but the animal onesies and the owl fleece jacket are darn cute!

AnnieW625
07-12-2011, 04:30 PM
which one was it? the only dress i bought this year was the Flutter baby dress in 80 for DD2 (green/pink stripes with butterfly - so cute). I also got DD1 a scooter set and swimsuit and DD2 the adorable kitty onesie/pants set and rashguard one-piece -- all at second markdowns at EOS! and i love it all.

not so crazy about fall now, and DD1 pretty much thinks fall hanna is babyish now (except leggings and unders, which she loves). but the animal onesies and the owl fleece jacket are darn cute!

Flower Wheel Tunic dress (http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?styleid=37432&from=OLC)

OOPS, it was OOS during the sale, but it's down to $19 right now in a 110, which without any shrinkage will fit her fine (her 110 LTT dresses from last fall shrunk a lot and I barely put them in the dryer:(; probably only during the rainy season when I ran out of room to hang them dry). I won't hold my breath, but if I order some tights or knee socks and end up with a free shipping coupon I'll go ahead and order it. Otherwise not a huge loss.

boolady
07-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately, between the fall preview catalog and the one I just got, there are lots of things I love for DD, but won't be buying anytime soon. Sometimes Hanna's colors are good for her and sometimes they're bad, but this time there's a lot that I love for her fair complexion. That "picking violets" color looks like it will be beautiful on her.

I'm sure most, if not all of it, won't be purchased until EOS, though I do have a 20% off card from buying EOS summer things.

Puddy73
07-15-2011, 01:26 PM
I actually liked several things for DD1 but can't stomach the cost right now. The outfit that she liked best was over $150 with shoes! I'm hoping that it will still be available at the EOS sale. I think Hanna is doing a good job with styles for the "too old for Gymbo/too young for Juniors" age range.

MommytoEliana
07-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I think Hanna is doing a good job with styles for the "too old for Gymbo/too young for Juniors" age range.

I agree. I saw several things that I'm considering for DD1. After seeing them in the store today I took a couple of things off my list (and I'm not buying anything for her yet, though I got a couple of the school deals l/s shirts for DS), but I'm sure HA will get plenty of our clothing budget, as usual. *sigh*

Thankfully nothing that the new baby _has_ to have right now...though I'm hoping to get the fleece jacket when it gets marked down quite a bit.

citymama
07-15-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree. I saw several things that I'm considering for DD1. After seeing them in the store today I took a couple of things off my list (and I'm not buying anything for her yet, though I got a couple of the school deals l/s shirts for DS), but I'm sure HA will get plenty of our clothing budget, as usual. *sigh*

Thankfully nothing that the new baby _has_ to have right now...though I'm hoping to get the fleece jacket when it gets marked down quite a bit.

Not to make trouble, but if you want to buy ahead for your new baby, the outlets have a great sale right now in baby sizes. $1 mocs, $5 zippers, $3 baby socks, $8 rompers, $3 sunhats...buy ahead for next summer and some staples for the Fall!

WatchingThemGrow
07-15-2011, 04:13 PM
I think Hanna is doing a good job with styles for the "too old for Gymbo/too young for Juniors" age range.
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat: Scary stuff I saw in the 6/6x/7 aisles at the consignment sale. It had me clinging to Hanna I came across, hoping there would continue to be a good supply in the future.

MommytoEliana
07-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Not to make trouble, but if you want to buy ahead for your new baby, the outlets have a great sale right now in baby sizes. $1 mocs, $5 zippers, $3 baby socks, $8 rompers, $3 sunhats...buy ahead for next summer and some staples for the Fall!

Oh my. I SO wish our local outlet hadn't closed! I may have to do a phone order this evening but I really need to write down what to ask about first; I tend to completely lose my brain (what little is left) when on the phone with a store. Thanks!

citymama
07-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh my. I SO wish our local outlet hadn't closed! I may have to do a phone order this evening but I really need to write down what to ask about first; I tend to completely lose my brain (what little is left) when on the phone with a store. Thanks!

Check my post in the other thread re the outlet sale. I did a phone order and listed what I got and prices. $5 zippers!

MommytoEliana
07-15-2011, 06:49 PM
$5 for zippers is amazing.

arivecchi
07-19-2011, 01:02 PM
OMG. I am LOVING the Hanna stuff for boys! I will probably place a large order for DS1. He loves all the nordic themed stuff and so do I!

citymama
07-19-2011, 01:13 PM
OMG. I am LOVING the Hanna stuff for boys! I will probably place a large order for DS1. He loves all the nordic themed stuff and so do I!

If you're ordering now, see if someone can hook you up with a 20% off coupon, good thru Jul 31. If you can wait till later in the year, the end of season sale is in Dec.

arivecchi
07-19-2011, 03:00 PM
If you're ordering now, see if someone can hook you up with a 20% off coupon, good thru Jul 31. If you can wait till later in the year, the end of season sale is in Dec.Someone please hook me up! :loveeyes:

I don't think I can wait till Dec!

citymama
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Someone please hook me up! :loveeyes:

I don't think I can wait till Dec!

I placed one small order last week and should be getting my package this week. If it includes a coupon, I'd be happy to send it over!

arivecchi
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I placed one small order last week and should be getting my package this week. If it includes a coupon, I'd be happy to send it over!
Oh thank you citymama! Will hold off then! :)

Beth24
07-19-2011, 08:01 PM
A, I may have one for you...will check after schlepping kids to swim practice! :)

arivecchi
07-19-2011, 11:07 PM
A, I may have one for you...will check after schlepping kids to swim practice! :)

Oh thanks Beth! :)

sunnyside
07-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Once arivecchi has a coupon, I would love one if anyone else has one to spare. I found a few things I'd like to get for DD. I've never ordered Hanna before!

Beth24
07-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Oh thanks Beth! :)

PMing you...

Once arivecchi has a coupon, I would love one if anyone else has one to spare. I found a few things I'd like to get for DD. I've never ordered Hanna before!

Mishka, I am sorry I don't have 2!

sunnyside
07-20-2011, 02:15 AM
^^Aww no worries Beth. I'm sure one will turn up eventually. I ordered the catalog to look at, maybe it will have one. :)

Staraglimmer
07-20-2011, 05:21 PM

Anyone know if this sale is still going on?

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

Staraglimmer
07-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I just calked Michigan City and their baby zippers are $15. :(.

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

Dream
07-20-2011, 08:14 PM

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

:yeahthat: I've never bought it cheaper than $15.

citymama
07-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Anyone know if this sale is still going on?

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

Yes, the sale is on thru the 31st but the $1 mocs and $5 zippers are all gone! Our box of goodies arrived yesterday and as usual, no disappointments. Love it all, esp the roomy romper and stripey zipper.

AnnieW625
07-20-2011, 10:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

:yeahthat: I've never bought it cheaper than $15.

Check your local Costcos. Two of them near me still have them. One store has some for $7.99 and the other one has the second set for $11.99.

Staraglimmer
07-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Check your local Costcos. Two of them near me still have them. One store has some for $7.99 and the other one has the second set for $11.99.

I wish I had a Costco. The nearest one is about 7 hours away :(. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

citymama
07-21-2011, 01:34 AM
I wish I had a Costco. The nearest one is about 7 hours away :(. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

Try the outlets again in a day or two (first thing Friday morning maybe). When I spoke to OR today they said they were sold out of the $5 zippers but they had dozens if unopened boxes of merchandise. I think $5 is a steal for even a used zipper!

I hope our Costco has $7.99 zippers!

Dream
07-21-2011, 03:36 PM

I have a 20% off if you still need it. I just placed 2 orders for about $100ea from outlet and online but didn't order any from the fall line except the ones included in the back to school sale.

sunnyside
07-21-2011, 03:57 PM
I have a 20% off if you still need it. I just placed 2 orders for about $100ea from outlet and online but didn't order any from the fall line except the ones included in the back to school sale.

Thank you, I would love one! :love-retry:

Dream
07-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you, I would love one! :love-retry:

PM sent