PDA

View Full Version : Tried a new dish last night from Pioneer Woman

mom2one
07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I cooked Pollo Asado from Pioneer Woman last night for dinner. It was awesome and I cant wait to cook it again. I think I will make more chicken next time to have more leftovers. I also made her pinto beans recipe to go with it. Trying another dish of hers tonight for dinner. I will report back about that one too.
Recipe is below, but here is the link also.http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/pollo-asado/

Recipe: Pollo Asado

Ingredients
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Orange Juice (freshly Squeezed If Possible; Save Juiced Orange Halves)
2 whole Lemons, Juiced
2 whole Limes, Juiced
4 whole Garlic, Cloves Peeled And Smashed
2 whole Onions, Peeled And Quartered
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
16 whole Chicken Legs
Flour Tortillas, Warmed
Corn Tortillas (warmed)
Pico De Gallo
Guacamole
Cooked Beans (pinto, Black, Refried)
Preparation Instructions
In a bowl, combine olive oil, orange juice, lemons, limes, salt, pepper, and garlic cloves, saving juiced fruit. Whisk together. Place chicken legs, juiced pieces of fruit, and quartered onions in large plastic bags or bowl. Pour marinade over the top, tossing to combine. Cover with plastic wrap (if using bowl) and marinate for at least two hours--several hours is better. Toss a few times during the marinating process.
Preheat broiler to high. Arrange oven rack toward bottom of oven.
Lay chicken legs on a broiler pan, or other baking dish with a drip tray. Broil for 25 minutes, turning once and marinating other side halfway through. Remove pan from oven when done.
Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in separate oven while chicken is broiling, or after chicken is removed from oven (reduce oven temp to 300.)
Serve chicken legs with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, beans, guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa verde.

elbenn
07-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I made her cajun chicken pasta and it was delicious! I love her recipes.

infomama
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
That sounds awesome....

DietCokeLover
07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I was looking at that recipe last night and thinking it sounded pretty good. Will definitely have to try it sometime now.

cchavez
07-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I making this for dinner on Tuesday!!! Sounds wonderful!