PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat

new_mom_mry
07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Can any of the owners comment on whether the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster can be attached to this dining chair?

http://www.scandinaviandesigns.com/home_dining_chairs/item/2746?ps_session=b0556c440f3657f4eeee6fecfe67cce6

Its back panel is a bit more narrow than most chairs, so I am wondering whether this chair will be sturdy enough to hold the booster seat (and a wiggly DS).

TIA!

sunshine873
07-13-2011, 03:06 PM
No problem!

This booster seat is so adaptable. It has a strap that goes around the back of the chair & another one that goes around the bottom, and both are completely adjustable. I think it would work great on that chair.

You will not be disappointed with the Fisher Price booster seat - & the chair is pretty too! :)

♥ms.pacman♥
07-13-2011, 03:07 PM
we have two of the FP healthy care boosters (one for home, one to keep in the van for when we go out) and they attach to all kinds of chairs, IME. the only tough ones are ones with rounded seats. but that one you linked looks like it will not be a problem at all.

and my DS is probably the strongest/squirmiest toddler i know, at an 18 months he still has not managed to bust out of it while it was attached to a chair (and that is saying A LOT!) :)

LMPC
07-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I agree...shouldn't be a problem!

new_mom_mry
07-13-2011, 03:27 PM
thank you so much, ladies! good to know!! The Tripp Trapp + baby set is going into the closet for now and I am purchasing the FP healthy care booster...seems like a better fit for an 8-month old who needs to perfect his self-feeding skills.

citymama
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM
The FP Booster chair ROCKS. We've never even had a stand-alone high chair or a Tripp Trapp - the $25 seat does the trick, on pretty much any kind of chair!

kaitlyns.mom
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Loved our FP booster seat and can't wait to use it again for our DS! So versatile. And no crevices for food to get stuck in. :)

new_mom_mry
07-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Booster-Yellow-Orange/dp/B000WU3DVG because I loved its color combo...if I don't plan to use it without the tray, then it shouldn't matter that the height of the seat can't be adjusted, right?

charmcitymom
07-13-2011, 09:28 PM
We have 3 of these. DS has been using it since he was 8 months old. He's now almost 2 and I have never had a problem with it. He used it with the tray a long while and now uses it as a booster. The height of the back has never mattered.

candaceb
07-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Booster-Yellow-Orange/dp/B000WU3DVG because I loved its color combo...if I don't plan to use it without the tray, then it shouldn't matter that the height of the seat can't be adjusted, right?

I like to have it adjusted to the highest height for my convenience - I'm usually adding things to the tray, cleaning up, etc. from a standing position (and I'm not very tall...). I would pay the extra $5 to get the one that is adjustable.

Also - with chairs that look very nice, you might want to get some sort of plastic to put over the seat cushion to protect it if your little guy is anything like mine...

fumofu
07-18-2011, 01:16 AM
We love our booster seat too. It stays in the car. Love the adjustable seat. We started out using the snap on tray, but now that DS takes it off himself I just use the bottom tray.

We use the Tripp Trapp with the rail guard at home. DS is a messy eater (we do baby-led weaning), but the TT wipes up really easily.

essnce629
07-18-2011, 01:54 AM
No problem! We have 2 of them and love them! One lives in the car and my friend is actually borrowing the second one. I'd only get the height adjustable ones.

anne-girl
08-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Hijacking this thread to ask: does the booster fit at the table without the tray on? We have the FP Space Saver, and it won't tuck under the table because the armrests are too high. Also DS slouches in it because of the curved back. Wondering if maybe the FP booster would do the trick.

AshleyAnn
08-25-2011, 11:38 PM

I have that exact chair and I love it. I did not even realize there were models that had could be adjusted for height and Ive never wished it did. DD loves this chair and really likes it to be sat on the floor so she can sit in all by herself. Its has worked on any chair Ive tried. Its is very stable because the base is nice wide and it has nonskid feet. I dont even buckle mine onto most chairs. Its great for travel it folds small and the straps make a great carrying strap. And its the easiest thing to clean - no creaves at all.

lhafer
08-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Hijacking this thread to ask: does the booster fit at the table without the tray on? We have the FP Space Saver, and it won't tuck under the table because the armrests are too high. Also DS slouches in it because of the curved back. Wondering if maybe the FP booster would do the trick.

Yes it does. I have the adjustable one, and the only thing I have to watch out for is my DD1s knees when I push her in....if she has her feet on the chair, her knees hit the table. But the chair easily fits under the table....a normal sized table/ chair combo.

azazela
08-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Totally off topic but I have those same dining room chairs! Love them, they are so pretty! :love-retry:

new_mom_mry
08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Totally off topic but I have those same dining room chairs! Love them, they are so pretty! :love-retry:

nice! did you get them at Scandinavian Designs?

azazela
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
nice! did you get them at Scandinavian Designs?

I think we got them at House of Norway. I forget now, it's been a while. :love-retry: