PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Boots

arivecchi
07-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Do they run TTS or a full size bigger? I am a size 9 and am unsure whether to get an 8 or a 9.

Tenasparkl
07-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I normally wear a 9 and mine are size 8.

liz
07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I am a 9.5 and I bought a size 9 to wear. They still have some good wiggle room in the toes, but that works for me because I wear the liners in the winter. hth

hillview
07-13-2011, 05:40 PM
oooh I SO want a pair! Any good deals??

vludmilla
07-13-2011, 06:35 PM
A full size smaller, IME.

ashleybama24
07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
oooh I SO want a pair! Any good deals??

I have a pair of green ones that I'm selling on the parentmarket group. My feet were a 6.5-7 and have since grown thanks to two pregnancies so I need a bigger size!

scriptkitten
07-13-2011, 09:26 PM
after you get them, let me know :)

MontrealMum
07-13-2011, 09:32 PM
They run large large by at least a full size. Mine are a size and a half smaller than what I would normally buy in most other brands, and I can still wear them with thick wool socks.

arivecchi
07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I ordered a 9 from zappos so I can easily return them if they are too large. Will let you all know when I get them. I went with 9 because I want to be able to tuck cords and jeans inside the boots.

hillview
07-14-2011, 08:40 PM
I ordered a 9 from zappos so I can easily return them if they are too large. Will let you all know when I get them. I went with 9 because I want to be able to tuck cords and jeans inside the boots.

What color?? I am thinking purple. It is really a lavender. I am NOT a purple sort of girl but for some reason they draw me in!

arivecchi
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
What color?? I am thinking purple. It is really a lavender. I am NOT a purple sort of girl but for some reason they draw me in!Hey, if you are up for it, get 'em! I do find myself staring at people with colorful Hunters all the time!

I got the bitter chocolate boots yesterday and I love the color although they are not as glossy as I expected. I am normally a size 9 and the 9s felt large on my bare foot, but were much tighter with the welly socks. The 9s also barely let me tuck in my jeans, so I don't think a size 8 would have worked for me. I would say they run a half size large but to get your regular size if you want to use welly socks or if you want to be able to tuck pants inside them.

arivecchi
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
So zappos sent me size 8 hunters to compare.

The 8s fit better barefoot. The 9s feel better with the welly socks. I can tuck my jeans in either one. The 8s feel kind of tight with the welly socks but I wonder if that will loosen up over time. The 9s feel big if I am not wearing welly socks.

Advice? I think I am leaning 8.

MontrealMum
08-04-2011, 11:17 PM
How frequently do you wear welly socks in your boots? I think it really depends on that. I never do because if it's that cold, I'm wearing winter boots instead. Our rainy/slushy part of the season is also fairly warm, the true, cold winter weather here is not as wet so water resistant boots work. I usually wear Smartwool socks in my Hunter's. If it were me, I'd go with the smaller size. I found my normal size to be very large in Hunter's.

arivecchi
08-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks MM. I do wear welly socks a lot with my other rain boots. I wear them a lot during my commute to work over tights. However, my other rain boots are big as well so maybe I can just use those with welly socks and keep the 8s.