PDA

View Full Version : Best deals/hassle free baby registries?

TwinsItIs
07-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I want to create a baby registry for myself where I'll be making most of the purchases once I give birth. I'm looking for a site that will give me a % off, as well as free shipping/returns as well as (sometimes) other perks. Can you suggest a good site?

Diapers.com seems like it has a good system, and I get $50 back for $500 I spend, free shipping/returns etc... Are they good?

How about other sites?

Thanks

BabyBearsMom
07-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Diapers.com is great, but I would also recommend Amazon.com. Also, sign up for Amazon Mom and get Amazon Prime for Free. I wish I had just done an Amazon registry.

AnnieW625
07-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I am not a huge fan of Diapers.com, I think they are expensive and better deals are to be had elsewhere esp. if you aren't a first time customer and you are the only person shopping from the list. I had a registry set up with Amazon too, and I like the Amazon mom discounts, plus the free Prime has been great. I even found that when BRUS had their bottle buy 2 get 1 free it was a better price than ordering from Diapers.com.

BabyDahl
07-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Loved amazon.com registry, as did my internet savvy friends/family. For the older family members, BRU was good enough and I never had an issue with returns or duplicates.

diamond
07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
does amazon.com give you 10% as the final discount on registered items like Babyrus does or PBK does? if yes this may be good. how to do it on amazon? ty

diamond
07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
also i have amazon prime and amazon, what is the difference between the two? i think my amazon mom expires aug-12-2011, does that mean amazon prime will expire as well then?

AshUVA
07-15-2011, 04:09 PM
does amazon.com give you 10% as the final discount on registered items like Babyrus does or PBK does? if yes this may be good. how to do it on amazon? ty

Yes, amazon.com does give you a 10% completion code for your registry. I think it was good for 3 months after the birth date (one time use). I LOVED having my registry on amazon. I found their prices lower than BRU and their selection to be larger. Plus, I had no hassles with returns if I changed my mind.

AshUVA
07-15-2011, 04:12 PM
also i have amazon prime and amazon, what is the difference between the two? i think my amazon mom expires aug-12-2011, does that mean amazon prime will expire as well then?

Amazon mom doesn't technically expire, but the free prime associated with it does (you get 3 months up front and then an additional month every time you spend $25 in the baby store, but only up to one year total). Sounds like you will use the prime shipping next month, but you can still get 15% off diapers and wipe (and an additional 15% off those items with subscribe and save).

Daphnecita
07-16-2011, 09:48 AM
You may also want to consider signing up at a Target B&M. Last year they were giving a $20 gift card when you signed up for a baby registry along with a reusable bag that had small samples and coupons and one of the coupons was for $20 credit at shutterfly.com which you could use for birth announcements, thank you cards, or a photo book. Of course YMMV as I'm not sure what they are offering now. And FWIW they offer a percentage off also. But I agree with PPs, amazon seems to be the way to go and diapers.com is too expensive. Amazon also now has the wishlist that you can add things from any website so you could consider that also for things now carried at amazon (although they won't count toward your registry and percentage off)

AnnieW625
07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Target sends coupons out about once every two to three months and even though my girls are four years apart I still got them in between DD1 and DD2. I am still getting them now and DD2 is almost 15 months old!

diamond
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I went to a target B&M store this morning to start a baby registery and the lady at guest services was not friendly and told me to go to a kiosk and do it myself. Also no one to help or any goody bag/ coupons to shutterfly etc.. I left without opening one. Is this the norm at only my store or all stores? Anyone opened a target baby registry recently. ty