PDA

View Full Version : People who talk in movie theaters

LBW
07-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Why on earth would you go to see the new Harry Potter movie on the opening day if you're going to talk your way through it??! Just go to some dumb movie that's been out for weeks.

I'm so annoyed. This is why I never pay to see movies in the theater. Just got back from seeing the last HP movie w/my 8-year old, and the people sitting behind up talked the entire time. I even heard the f-bomb at one point. In a theater filled with parents and kids -- really??! I desperately wanted to move, but DS1 did not. I glared at them once, and they were quiet for about 5 minutes afterwards. Then they continued on with their ridiculous banter.

UGH.

I'm going to see The Hobbit in the theater, and that's it. No more. I'm done. I'll buy DVDs from now on.

SnuggleBuggles
07-15-2011, 07:07 PM
I so would have gotten an employee- which would have ticked me off to have to leave to do it! But, otherwise I'd have pointedly told them to shut up. I've got no qualms. What jerks!! Don't they know people have been anxiously anticipating watching this movie??

I was annoyed enough with the person 3 seats away that waited till the very start of the movie to open and eat his loud candy. Why he didn't do it in th2 hours we were sitting there waiting for the movie or during the previews, I just don't know.

Sorry you had a crappy experience!!

Beth

Cam&Clay
07-15-2011, 11:15 PM
I went to HP today. As soon as the movie started, a group of girls behind DS1 and me started talking. I barely had time to turn and glare before no fewer than 3 people told them to shut up. It was glorious!