PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Maclaren bouncer

NCGrandma
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
For my DGD2 (due soon!), I want to find a simple bouncer -- no toy bars, bells, whistles or vibration needed. The Baby Bjorn bouncer looks great but too pricey. I haven't seen the Maclaren bouncer IRL but it looks good online (and is less than half the price of the Baby Bjorn).

Any experience with it, positive or negative? Thanks!!

zouzoubean
09-06-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm not sure it is the same as the Maclaren bouncer but we had the Maclaren bouncer rocker for our son as I wanted one that had simple colors, not a bunch of ugly prints and would blend into our house. Well our son hated it and wouldn't sit in it for more than a minute or two no matter what I tried. The vibration part really didn't vibrate and the rocker didn't work to soothe him. It turns out that he loved ugly prints and one that would just bounce with movement as when we were at our brother in law's house, he sat in their ugly bouncy chair (well ugly in my opinion, I think it is the rainforest print) and loved it. So I sold the Maclaren one and bought a bright colored bouncy chair with toys and vibration and he was as happy as a clam. I just wish I had it from the beginning. Perhaps it is just my child though.

swissair81
09-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I have an older Mac rocker/bouncer. It vibrates too, but not effectively. It's nice if you like a pretty piece with no fuss and don't need the vibration. It was a baby present from my sisters in law, so I feel bad selling it. My baby needed the vibration though.