PDA

View Full Version : Possible to remove straps from Tripp Trapp/Kinderzeat & be able to reattach later?

justlearning
07-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I should have asked this a long time ago because my 8-year-old and 5-year-old obviously don't need the straps on their Kinderzeat and Tripp Trapp, and they look bad just dangling off their chairs.

But it seems to me like I may permanently damage the main straps attached to the seats if I take them off, so I haven't wanted to hurt their chairs' future resale. (I have one of each model.)

Have any of you removed all the straps and were then successful later in reattaching them? If so, can you please give me tips on how to do it? Thanks!

amandabea
07-16-2011, 03:53 PM
you should be able to remove them using a screw driver and I know Stokke offers replacement harnesses, so it is possible to put them back on. I removed mine easily, but never tried to replace them...and since moving I don't think I have them anymore. We haven't really used it since moving -- we have an island in the kitchen were we eat 98% of the time, so I am going to craigslist the TT.