PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on Trundle beds?

cindys
07-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Or any reviews good or bad?

Cindy
Mama to 3 boy...20, 5 & 2

KimMae
07-17-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm looking for one too. I'm considering the Ikea Hemnes Daybed. The drawer pulls out and creates a large bed with two mattresses. Google images to see it in various forms. We use a pop-up style when we visit family and it works well but I'm not sure where to get one and I imagine that a poor quality one would have problems with the pop-up mechanism. I'd also like to hear other people's experiences.

mommy111
07-17-2011, 09:53 AM
I think when I looked a month or so ago, the two most inexpensive options were the ikea bed for about $200 that had the pop-up option, its new (i think its a besta, the less expensive form of the hemnes) and the great advantage was that it came at that price point with storage under the bed included.
The other option was another ikea one with a daybed and a roll under trundle bed for about $250. I am sorry I don't remeber the names :(
I went with a pottery barn day/trundle that I got for really inexpensive over craigslist and love it so far....we are very budet strapped so even the ikea beds seemed a little bit of a stretch for us.

azmaple
07-17-2011, 11:26 AM
i love our trundle bed! we've got it in black and it's soooo solid and gorgeous that it'd easily pass as a Pottery Barn. i had it shipped to store and you can find codes on their site to reduce the shipping cost if there is one.

i paid about the same as it's on sale for now, around $400 for both pieces and i'm sure i can easily sell it for 1/2 that when we're ready to pass it on. i had been a little hesitant to do black furniture in my kids room but it started when i got a changing table/bookcase cheap at USA Baby and went on from there. any mars or scratches are easily masked with a sharpie! for those considering a trundle, using the trundle piece was the perfect transition from a toddler bed. i used both pieces separated for a year or so with one boy in each in the same room. worked out great!

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?Grptyp=STY&ItemId=15a211c&cmOrigId=18e121d&cmTypeFlag=RichRel&cmCatID=searchresults