PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on play kitchens?

Trigglet
07-16-2011, 01:36 PM
So, I'd like to get my DS a little play kitchen - preferably wood, and with some nice colours. I like the look of the Plan and Kidkraft ones, but I wondered if anyone has come across a good deal something like that recently?

I have been looking on CL, but nothing much comes up, and I live in an area where people clearly think that only girls should play with a pretend kitchen, and therefore it should be pink, pink, pink. :shake:

wellyes
07-16-2011, 02:02 PM
If you have an ikea nearby, they have a nice one for $ 100.

Trigglet
07-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Our nearest Ikea is Houston, which is about 3.5hrs drive - so what usually happens is we end up spending a fortune to make the trip worthwhile!! Love Ikea, hate the drive!

JTsMom
07-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Are you handy at all? I've seen some really cute DIY kitchens. I'm just putting the finishing touches on a fridge for my guys.

Trigglet
07-16-2011, 08:28 PM
That's an interesting thought - I do enjoy crafty type things, although we don't have any power tools, so it might require elbow grease :). If you know of any good instructions/designs I'd be grateful for a pointer.

That might be my summer project!!

Swimfreak78
07-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I looked at doing this one - http://mygratitudeattitudes.blogspot.com/2010/03/diy-play-kitchen-from-nightstand.html but decided not to. I found mine (wooden) at a garage sale for under $10.