PDA

View Full Version : Share your favorite casual/capri pants

Mommy_Again
07-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Ann Taylor and Loft are usually my go-to stores for ankle length, casual every day pants. I find a style I like, and buy them in every color. I'm losing my baby weight (down 15 pounds thanks to Weight Watchers - woot woot!), and in a size 4. An Ann Taylor 4, which is probably really a 6, but whatev. So I just bought 4 pairs of their "Modern" cut pants...and I'm noticing they make me look larger than I really am. They fit nicely in the waist and bum, but they're really baggy in the thighs and knees, so I feel like I just look large in them. And the Modern fit is supposed to be slimmer in thighs compared to the others. I have a pair of J Crew size 6 pants (no clue what style) that look better on me than the AT size 4.

So...share your favorite fitting pants, for a smaller sized body that still has some extra padding on it :) I'm 5'2 and 130 now so I still have a ways to go, but I'm feeling good and want to look it! Do I need to find a skinny leg cut? My thighs still need to slim down so I don't want to look like a sausage link.

SnuggleBuggles
07-17-2011, 09:00 AM
WTG!!! I've got about the same stats but wear a 6 (on a good day)-8 in pants...I still have a squishy belly but skinny legs. :) Anyway, The Limited is worth a check! I bought some of these extra stretch crop and they are very cute:
http://www.thelimited.com/detail/exact-stretch-crop/6432632

As they do stretch,, be sure and go with the smaller of sizes if you are unsure when/ if you try them on.

Your legs should be fine in them. They aren't tight, just form fitted.

Beth

lmintzer
07-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss. I am your height and also wear a similar size in pants. I find that I don't look good in skinny pants--they accentuate my thighs, which are my worst feature. The really low-waisted tighter fitting pants just don't work at all. I do better with a mid rise that is not baggy but not tight through the thigh.

The AT loft capris that fit me well this year were a cargo capris from earlier in the spring. I can't find them on their site now. They are something like this:

http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Petite/LOFT-Petite-Pants/Petite-Cotton-Cropped-Cargo-Pants/260205?colorExplode=false&skuId=89661765&catid=catl000037&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=9000

Also, believe it or not, the Julie style sometimes works, and not all look matronly.

http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Petite/LOFT-Petite-Pants/Petite-Julie-Casual-Twill-Pants/262860?colorExplode=false&skuId=89657553&catid=catl000037&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=8829

Hope that helps a little. I know how hard it is to find pants that fit!!

scriptkitten
07-17-2011, 01:50 PM
I like cargo capris like the jbrand houlihan

DrSally
07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I have recently discovered that capris that are fitted are much more flattering. Baggy capri's are dowdy, IMO. So, I tend to look for more jean-like capris. I have some older ones from Gap that I like.