PDA

View Full Version : brick & mortar store for nursing bras

Mommy_Again
07-16-2011, 11:59 PM
DD is 5 months old, "the girls" have stabilized, but I'm going to continue nursing for perhaps another year so I need to invest in some new bras (current ones are from the last baby and have seen their better days).

I know there is Destination Maternity, but I just get the feeliing that their sales people are always trying to make a big sale, not genuinely help me there. Any other options?

ellies mom
07-17-2011, 01:47 AM
If you go to Bravado Designs website, you can search for B&M retailers in your area and you should be able to find a good store. You could also contact a La Leche group in your area and ask them for recommendations.

ashleybama24
07-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Nordstrom and Intimacy both carry nursing bras! I bet other dept stores do as well, you just have to ask because they are often in the back.

Jenn27
07-17-2011, 08:04 AM
I actually ended up loving my nursing bras from Target! I ordered a few more after buying one in-store.

RunnerDuck
07-17-2011, 08:46 AM
My favorite bra is from target. I don't like their nursing tanks, though.

Raewyn
07-17-2011, 08:31 PM
I honestly think it depends on your sizing. My friend was a 34B before getting pergnant, and she never had an issue with finding good maternity or nursing bras at department stores.

I was a 36DD before pregnancy, and I have had a much tougher time. I ended up going to the bra fitter at my health care provider (it's part of the Women's Pavilion there, so they help women who have had reconstructive surgery from breast cancer, nursing moms, pregnant moms etc.) They understood no underwires, and were very helpful finding good bras that support.

Great experience, and I ended up with 3 different Bravado bras. One to sleep in, one for the lower cut tops and a fuller one (which ended up being my favorite). While none are AS supportive as my underwires were, they are almost as good. I also really like the "padding" - can't remember the technical name - but it has eliminated the nipple poke through.

I will say that the bras they carried and recommended were not "pretty" or "sexy", but I was okay with that.

lmwbasye
07-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I always loved the ones from Target. I think they were Gillian and O'Malley brand. :)