PDA

View Full Version : Tub decals vs. tub mat

kaitlyns.mom
07-17-2011, 02:47 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with tub mats. I love that they keep DD from slipping in the tub. I hate everything else about them.

Mainly though I hate how they get so grimy with soap scum and eventually mildew, and because of the suction cups it is next to impossible to clean the underside.

I was thinking of putting some of these tub decals down instead. Anyone use decals instead of a tub mat? Or how do you keep your mat clean? Is it just a disposable item that you replace every x months?

Smillow
07-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I try to wash mine once a week - I throw it in the washer with a load of towels.

KathyN115
07-17-2011, 09:39 AM
I wash mine in the machine too, but much less often than PP. I try to pick it up after each use, rinse it, and hang it over the towel bar. I also find it annoying, but our tub is soooo slippery that we have all fallen when we tried to shower without the mat. I did get some decals at Lowes, but even with following the directions, I could not get them to stick. Our tub is just that slippery! (or the decals just s*ck that bad). We have had our mat for about a year, and it still is relatively clean and works fine.

kaitlyns.mom
07-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I am trying to think if I ever tried to throw the last one in the washer... I always used to scrub it when I was scrubbing the bath, but possibly never tried this. It's so obvious! I will try it today. I need to wash some towels anyway and try to get the soap scum off our washable shower curtain liner. Maybe I'll toss in some Borax and see if that helps with the slime.