PDA

View Full Version : Jeans/pants for a short 7 yo?

trumansmom
07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm desperate and thought you smart moms might have the answer. :)

Last year Eleanor was unable to fit in ANY jeans. She's the shortest girl in her class, and they are all way too long. She also won't let me hem any, and while she tried tomboy style jeans, I think she must have gotten teased, because she refused to wear them more than a couple of times. I'm really not excited about another year of nothing but leggings. I even thought about sizing down and trying the plus sizes, but the waist of a size 5 plus is the same as a size 12 regular, so that won't work.

Any ideas?

crl
07-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Capris! My dd is younger but Capri length jeans fit her as full length pants. I just bought a few pairs in the next size up at ON on clearance.

I assume you have tried various brands? I think LE runs a bit short.

Why won't she wear hemmed? Is it because the hem looks different? There are tailors who can do it so you keep the original hem.

Catherine

wimama
07-17-2011, 08:05 PM
My son is tall but he has a wide waist and short legs. His pants tend to be too long if we buy it big enough for his waist, yet he isn't really a husky sized kid. We have the best luck with Gymboree pants.