PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a mattress topper they recommend?

wendibird22
07-18-2011, 10:49 AM
My mattress is 13yrs old and I wake up most mornings sore. We aren't in a position to drop $1000 + for a new mattress so I'm thinking about getting a mattress topper. I've been reading up on memory foam toppers and learned there's a very large variation in quality and that I need to look for something with a density of probably 4-5lbs. DH definitely likes a firmer surface and I need something to accommodate my curves (I mostly sleep on my side). I bought a fiber bed the other day from BBB and it was HORRIBLE. I used to have a feather bed that I loved very much but I think that would be too soft for DH. The fiber bed was lumpy.

I've done a lot of searching and reading on Amazon and other sites on memory foam. I'd prefer something from a b&m or reputable online store that I can easily return to if it doesn't work out. I know I can do returns to Amazon but worry about the cost of shipping back something that will weigh 30+lbs so bonus if I can return it to a store or free return. There's a new one on LE but I messaged them and it's only 2.5lb density which is really low quality based on what I read.

Any recommendations?

new_mommy25
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
We have a memory foam topper from Costco. I've been very pleased with it. Plus, with Costco, there are no problems with returns.

Tondi G
07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
yeah I would check Costco. My mom has a memory foam one from there and LOVES it!

Indianamom2
07-19-2011, 03:27 PM
We have one that is 4 inches thick. It was either a serta or sealy brand that I bought from a dealer on Ebay. It is really good quality and has lasted almost 3 years.

Probably not easy to return from Ebay and the thing was HEAVY. It took DH and I both to carry it upstairs (queen size). But we are still happy with it. I've looked at some at Kohl's and there is no comparison to how much thicker/fuller/denser ours is.

MizMojoLaveau
07-20-2011, 10:18 AM
I have had a recommendation for a Kohls one.

HIU8
07-20-2011, 01:07 PM
I got one a few years ago at Bed Bath and Beyond. DH and I really want a sleep number bed. It's been ok for about 3 years now.

wendibird22
07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks ladies. No costco here in W.NY unfortunately. I'll have to check out Kohls. My BBB had 3 different ones in store but based upon what I've read about the density they were all low quality and were $200+. Still searching....