PDA

View Full Version : babies r us lawsuit

boilermakermom
07-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Has anyone been able retrieve reciepts/copies of from BRU/TRU or your credit card compant for items you purchased?

I need to submit the forms for the lawsuit, and I can't find the receipt for the Britax Marathon.

Thanks!

MSWR0319
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
No! It's really frustrating me. I used my BRU credit card for the purchases ( I also have a stroller that's included ) but I threw my receipts away I think. I called the cc company and they can only retrieve receipts for a year and I bought both things over two years ago. I can find the charge on my cc but not sure if that counts because it doesn't state the item name.

My other problem is I paid with reward money from my cc and rewards r us program and I don't think that should be counted as my price, but I have no proof because I have no receipt!! Maybe someone else will have a great suggestion.

Roni
07-18-2011, 04:31 PM
What lawsuit?????

If you are a rewards member, you can access all of your purchases on-line.

ahrimie
07-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I must be in the dark. Why are you looking for receipts? What lawsuit??

babyonway
07-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I would like to know too, what lawsuit?

momm
07-18-2011, 08:15 PM
bump!! What lawsuit?

ECUPirateMom
07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I read about this a while back but here is a link to a brief on the lawsuit!
http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/118665/toys_r_us_settles_price
HTH!!!
Aimee

boilermakermom
07-18-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.babyproductsantitrustsettlement.com/

Check out the website...it details what is covered, why, etc. I think BRU was price gouging bigger items-britax car seat, medela pump, etc.

I will have to see if I can get the receipt bia my rewards cards.

Thanks!

Toba
07-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Wow, I have purchased six out eight of those products during the required time frame. I definitely don't have receipts for it though ... too many years ago.

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2011, 10:03 PM
never mind, found the deadline of 8/1

Beth

Bens Momma
07-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I know, I've had the envelope with the paperwork/info sitting on my desk for a couple months. We have several items that qualify, but I haven't been able to track down the receipts yet! Time is running out and I don't know if I'll make it!

OKKiddo
07-18-2011, 11:34 PM
I know, I've had the envelope with the paperwork/info sitting on my desk for a couple months. We have several items that qualify, but I haven't been able to track down the receipts yet! Time is running out and I don't know if I'll make it!

Ditto that. And added into it, I don't know if it's worth the trouble. If I did sacrifice some time from cleaning, cooking, caring for children, toting from appt. to appt. and generally keeping myself sane in between every tantrum and meltdown. I'm afraid that if I did sacrifice that time it would only amount to a $5 check which isn't worth it. :(

MSWR0319
07-19-2011, 08:14 AM
What lawsuit?????

If you are a rewards member, you can access all of your purchases on-line.

Thanks! I was able to find my purchases. My next question is do you think they want the original sticker price? Or the price after coupons? Because the rewards r us site says my Britax was $198 and I know I stacked coupons and used some rewards money. I'm thinking originally it was closer to $295 but have no proof because I still dont have the original receipt. I guess something is better than nothing though. It doesn't specify before or after coupons. Hmm.

luckytwenty
07-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I got a lot of those items during that time frame but not from BRU. That was when Right Start went out of business and was having 40% off sales! It was a good time to be pregnant!

etaylor75
07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
No! It's really frustrating me. I used my BRU credit card for the purchases ( I also have a stroller that's included ) but I threw my receipts away I think. I called the cc company and they can only retrieve receipts for a year and I bought both things over two years ago. I can find the charge on my cc but not sure if that counts because it doesn't state the item name.

My other problem is I paid with reward money from my cc and rewards r us program and I don't think that should be counted as my price, but I have no proof because I have no receipt!! Maybe someone else will have a great suggestion.

It states on their claim form that you can use credit card statements....I'm sure they are just looking for a general price point for each item.

Erin