PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pool Bag

Pear
07-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I have become convinced that my beloved pool bag was lost in the move. I bought it in the Bahamas 6 years ago so finding the same one is unlikely. It was vinyl I think. There was a pocket on the outside. The top was zippered. Inside there was a waterproof wallet that was attached by a string. It was wide and rectangular instead of deep and skinny. Google is failing me. Has anyone seen a bag like that? If not, what is your favorite pool bag? Sand is not an issue. I'm mainly concerned with keeping our poolside belongings dry.

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
This doesn't sound like your bag but it has been working well for me. It's the LL Bean Adventure tote in medium:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58372?feat=305-CL1

Lots of people like the Saltwater Canvas Whale bags on here. I didn't like their price. ;)

Beth

bubbaray
07-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I have the LLB Adventure tote in M and a number of Saltwater Canvas bags. I like the SWC bags for beach trips from home. I have the Whale and Dolphin and prefer the Dolphin, -- if I pack the Whale fully, its a bit heavy/awkward.

I much prefer the LLB Adventure Tote when travelling by plane, though. It packs lighter, has a zipper and in a pinch I can use it as a spare checked bag or carryon.

TwoBees
07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
This doesn't sound like your bag but it has been working well for me. It's the LL Bean Adventure tote in medium:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58372?feat=305-CL1

I recently bought this and I have used it once for travelling and once for the beach and it was fantastic for both. I'm planning to take it on vacation as well. I only wish there were some interior pockets. But I love that it is washable and has a zipper top. And they're on clearance right now!

SnuggleBuggles
07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Huh, I bought mine at an LLBean store and it doesn't have a zip top but it does have an inside zippered picket (which I love). Weird!

I swear this is the same bag with a zipper top too from One Step Ahead and selling for $13. Look and see:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536503&parentCategoryId=100180&categoryId=117685

Beth

TwoBees
07-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Huh, I bought mine at an LLBean store and it doesn't have a zip top but it does have an inside zippered picket (which I love). Weird!

When did you buy yours? Maybe they updated it for this year? Also, mine has 6 pockets on the outside, I can't tell if the One Step Ahead bag does too.

And you may be right, I think it has a small zipperd pocket on the inside for keys and whatnot. But I would love some oranization pockets on the inside too.

bubbaray
07-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I bought mine a few years ago (4?) and it has a top zipper and a small zippered key/wallet pocket. IIRC, the old version had no zipper. ITA, interior organization pockets would rock. Its a great bag, though. I'm thinking of getting another one.

SnuggleBuggles
07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I bought mine in May this year.

Beth

TwoBees
07-19-2011, 10:09 AM
I bought mine in May this year.

Beth

Now that's really odd, because this is what the description says:
"Choose from three roomy sizes, each with an internal pocket and secure zip-top closure. "

traciann
07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I love, love my whale bag! I have used it pretty much everyday this summer for the pool and splash park. My favorite thing is all the pockets on the outside. The one thing I don't like about the canvas bags is that when you put your stuff back inside its wet, then the bag gets wet. With the mesh it doesn't matter.

SnuggleBuggles
07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Now that's really odd, because this is what the description says:
"Choose from three roomy sizes, each with an internal pocket and secure zip-top closure. "

Mine was on sale so maybe it was a discountinued version.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
:bag Um, mine has a zipper top. I never use it so I forgot it existed!!!

Beth

TwoBees
07-20-2011, 02:06 PM
:bag Um, mine has a zipper top. I never use it so I forgot it existed!!!

Beth

:ROTFLMAO: :tongue5:

I have totally done stuff like that before.

Pear
07-20-2011, 05:57 PM
That clinches it, I'm ordering one.