PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream question: Which is your favorite...Chocolate or Vanilla??

Corie
07-18-2011, 07:12 PM
If you had to choose between chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream,
which one would you pick?

(I'm asking this question on behalf of my daughter. She was
wondering if chocolate or vanilla was the most popular ice cream.)

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Vanilla is officially the preferred flavor in the US, iirc. I'd take either, it depends on what I eating it with. Solo? Chocolate. With pie or cake? Vanilla.

Beth

crl
07-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I do not like chocolate ice cream. Yuck. I know, I am weird. I do like vanilla and a whole bunch of other flavors though!

Catherine

billysmommy
07-18-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't really like either.

I always go with peppermint stick or mint chocolate chip

rlu
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I need another choice - vanilla with (Hershey's) chocolate sauce, it really does taste different from chocolate ice cream which is my second choice.

Corie
07-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I know, I am weird.

Catherine

Totally! :D

bnme
07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
I love chocolate, but would pick vanilla over it 75% of the time. Sometimes chocolate is just too chocolatey -I have to be in the mood.

momm
07-18-2011, 08:09 PM
chocolate allllllllllll the way

What a nice fun poll. Can't wait to see the winner. Right now chocolate and vanilla are neck to neck in the race!

wimama
07-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Chocolate, hands down!

katydid1971
07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I do not like chocolate ice cream. Yuck. I know, I am weird. I do like vanilla and a whole bunch of other flavors though!

Catherine
:yeahthat:
Catherine, you're not that weird DD and I both don't like chocolate either. DH and DS love it so I always have both kinds in my freezer.

BabyDahl
07-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I need another choice - vanilla with (Hershey's) chocolate sauce, it really does taste different from chocolate ice cream which is my second choice.

ITA, french vanilla with Hershey's chocolate on top. Yum. yum. yum.
(okay, now I want to "stop by" the store to go buy some!)

hellokitty
07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I voted chocolate, but that's just traditional ice cream. If you're talking soft serve, then it's vanilla, lol.

bubbaray
07-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Vanilla, hands down. I also prefer vanilla soft-serve over vanilla hard ice cream.

My fave "flavored" ice cream is Tiger Tail (orange and licorice).

vludmilla
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM

Catherine

Not weird to me. I'm the same way about ice cream. I hav coconut frozen yogurt to try tonight.

TwinFoxes
07-18-2011, 09:18 PM
It really depends on my mood. Yesterday I bought a 1/2 gallon of vanilla. But sometimes it's just gotta be chocolate!

wow, I've never heard of this. Or, perhaps I blocked it out as a traumatic memory. :tongue5:

DrSally
07-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Real vanilla bean vanilla w/hot fudge sauce, carmel, and pecans. I like the toppings.

bubbaray
07-18-2011, 09:37 PM
wow, I've never heard of this. Or, perhaps I blocked it out as a traumatic memory. :tongue5:

It sounds disgusting, but it is soooooo good.

gobadgers
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Solo? Chocolate. With pie or cake? Vanilla.

Beth

Ditto that!

MontrealMum
07-18-2011, 10:27 PM

Catherine

Me too, though I do like the new Hagen Dazs Mayan chocolate.

Vanilla, hands down. I also prefer vanilla soft-serve over vanilla hard ice cream.

Melissa, where are you buying tiger tail, or what brand is it? It is my DH's absolute favorite but he's only ever had it in the Maritimes when vacationing as a kid. It'd be great to find it somewhere local.

bubbaray
07-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Melissa, where are you buying tiger tail, or what brand is it? It is my DH's absolute favorite but he's only ever had it in the Maritimes when vacationing as a kid. It'd be great to find it somewhere local.

Chapmans makes the BEST Tiger Tail. Various other regional dairies make it too. It is widely available in BC.

http://www.chapmans.ca/productsNew.aspx?cat=original I get the 4L containers at Walmart. No one else in the family likes it (they love the other Chapmans peanut free varieties though). Perhaps this is why I suck at Weight Watchers?? LOL

ETA store locator says the following carry it:

AxepGiant TigerIGA and IGA ExtraIntermarcheLoblawsMaxi and Maxi CieMetro and Metro PlusNorthern Stores (North West Co.)Provigo

blue
07-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Between the two, I would choose vanilla. However, I really prefer chocolate/vanilla swirl.

ashleybama24
07-18-2011, 10:39 PM
You couldn't pay me money to eat anything vanilla flavored...or any dessert with warm fruit for that matter.

MontrealMum
07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks, Melissa! Lots of IGAs around here, and the rest aren't hard to find either. Will check for it next time I'm at the store :)

arivecchi
07-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Haagen dazs chocolate chocolate chip

Does that answer your question? :D

elektra
07-18-2011, 10:55 PM
I am shocked that it's so close to 50/50. I love chocolate anything. Ill take chocolate ice cream with hot fudge on top of that. Chocolate has been my best friend at certain points in my life! One of my favorite movies of all time is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Hooray for chocolate!

ashleybama24
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Mocha Almond Fudge....I actually called Bluebell when I was pregnant with DS1 to find out when it was coming out and how could I get my hands on some sooner. DH stopped me before I bought a 5 gallon container intended for commercial use because it wouldn't fit in the freezer! Seemed totally logical to my pregnant brain!

LexyLou
07-19-2011, 12:01 AM
I hate chocolate ice cream. I wouldn't even be tempted to eat it. I love vanilla though.

DietCokeLover
07-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't like chocolate, so vanilla all the way.

crl
07-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Catherine, you're not that weird DD and I both don't like chocolate either. DH and DS love it so I always have both kinds in my freezer.

Not weird to me. I'm the same way about ice cream. I hav coconut frozen yogurt to try tonight.

Me too, though I do like the new Hagen Dazs Mayan chocolate.

I hate chocolate ice cream. I wouldn't even be tempted to eat it. I love vanilla though.

I am not alone! :grouphug: :wink2:

Catherine

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Vanilla is too sweet, so I add cinnamon. I LOVE chocolate!:heartbeat:

giavila
07-19-2011, 01:58 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Vanilla! Not a fan of chocolate ice cream or chocolate candy.. rare.. I know.

fattytuna
07-19-2011, 02:16 AM
I would pick vanilla over chocolate if those were the only choice. But I would pick green tea, red bean, or Espresso and Cream over vanilla.

klwa
07-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Depends on the day, but I voted chocolate, since I usually end up gravitating that way more often.

But, I'd rather have cookies & cream. :)

mom2khj
07-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Vanilla is officially the preferred flavor in the US, iirc. I'd take either, it depends on what I eating it with. Solo? Chocolate. With pie or cake? Vanilla.

Beth

I voted chocolate, since that is what I prefer by itself.

Moneypenny
07-19-2011, 09:38 AM
If all I get is ice cream by itself, definitely chocolate. If I get to add toppings, then I prefer vanilla.

If it's to go with cake or pie, then no ice cream for me. It makes the cake or pie soggy and gets crumbs in the ice cream and just ruins everything, lol!

elliput
07-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I think I have reached a point in my life where I like both equally. So if both are offered, sure as shootin', I'm going to get some of both. :loveeyes:

Meatball Mommie
07-19-2011, 10:18 AM
I voted vanilla - for some reason chocolate ice cream makes me really thirsty!

I am honestly really surprised how even the votes are! Right now it's tied at 61 each...

marie
07-19-2011, 10:36 AM

Beth

:yeahthat: to the bolded.

and now i want ice cream. . .

HIU8
07-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I voted chocolate, but I don't like plain chocolate. It has to have something like fudge brownie, peanut butter or cookie dough in it. I can do plain chocolate with a piece of pound cake and fudge on top though. Ok, NOW I'M HUNGRY.............................

Ceepa
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I would go with vanilla but wouldn't turn down chocolate if that's all that was available!

lizzywednesday
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
If given the choice between chocolate and vanilla, and only chocolate and vanilla, I pick chocolate.

This is mostly because artificial vanilla flavoring (vanillin) makes me sick to my stomach.

However, if any flavor's available, I'll take strawberry.

BabbyO
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Chocolate all the way. That said, there's NEVER chocolate ice cream in my house...because DH LOVES vanilla.

To me vanilla is simply a canvas for chocolate sauce! :)

eh613c
07-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I like vanilla because you can add other items such as cookies and brownies. Of course plain vanilla is good as well.

alien_host
07-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I LOVE chocolate candy but for some reason do not enjoy chocolate ice cream and never buy it to have at home or order it out. I like vanilla w/ hot fudge! Or vanilla plain.

My favorite is coffee and black raspberry (but not together). And hot fudge on Black Raspberry is yummy!

I do like Hoodsie Cups (vanilla and chocolate split in one small cup) or Neopolitan. I don't think I've EVER purchased a carton of plain old chocolate ice cream!

love_a_latte
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I voted vanilla, but I never eat it plain. If I'm going to have ice-cream it is smothered under large quantities of hot fudge, and lately melted peanut butter. Yum!

mommyp
07-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Definitely chocolate for me, unless it's with something else, like a yummy peach crisp!

plusbellelavie
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I love all ice cream but if I have to choice between plain chocolate or plain vanilla I would go with vanilla although I love chocolate a lot!

ilfaith
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I love just about anything chocolate, but when it comes to ice cream, I am more likely to go with vanilla. And if it is soft serve, I never EVER order chocolate. Once, when I was about 12, I ordered chocolate soft serve at Dairy Queen and it had gone sour. Let me tell you when chocolate ice cream goes bad, it goes BAAAAAAAAAAAD.

momm
07-19-2011, 08:14 PM
this has been the closest poll ever
it was like 25//26, then neck to neck all the way till 75/76
Funny!

Nooknookmom
07-19-2011, 09:12 PM
If it just plain ice cream then Chocolate.

ShanaMama
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Holy cow- chocolate & vanilla are tied! Vanilla anything doesn't tempt me at all. Chocolate- I'll take it, be it cake, cookies, ice cream, even bittersweet! I've eaten chocolate chips straight when really desperate.