PDA

View Full Version : Tuff at Costco in Canada

nupe
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
I was quite disappointed with the tuff I bought 6 mo ago in the states, which happened to have been made in china. Although they were cute jackets and capri legging styles, one seam was already out before I tried on, so I returned all of it.

I checked out Costco in canada and the tuff is made in canada. Now the question is do different costcos have different tuff items? Or are they pretty standard in any given region.

What I found today:
a long sleeve polyester top ETC nylon
long pants
I was suprised I didn't find anything more summery like tank tops, capris, shorts.

They also had a roots altheletic top, also long sleeved.

bubbaray
07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
They are likely long sold out of the summer stuff. It flies off the tables here (Vancouver area).

That is interesting that the Tuff brand in the US is different than sold in Canada. Ours is reasonably high quality and definitely MICanada (at least, most of it seems to be).

ETA: in terms of variety, most of the stores have the same items, but might have different colors and different availability.

AnnieW625
07-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I bought some Tuff capri pants at Costco in the US and I really like them. I would get more if they come back, I bought mine in January or February IIRC. I thought they were a little tight, but they did stretch out a bit. I accidently put them in the dryer too (they are suppose to be hung dry) and they have worn fine. I think it's high quality stuff. I think you may have just gotten a bad batch. I had no idea they had Made in Canada stuff either.

nupe
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
When I went back to costco for something else, i was looking at another table of clothes and lo and behold, i found a tuff tank (all sizes) and capris (l and xl only, and labeled as such, not in my size boo!), all made in canada, mixed in with a bunch of other things. Wasn't sure about the tank since it was nylon/spandex, also labeled supplex, but give the great recs here I tried it out. Wore it today and I love it!

I would love to see a side by side of made in canada and made in china tuff lines. I'll have to see what's at my us costco next time I'm there.