PDA

View Full Version : Keep Or Toss?

AshleyAnn
07-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I was running late to work so instead of making a bagel to eat at home I grabbed the bagels and creamcheese and tossed them in my work bag to make one at work. Got busy and forgot them all day. My office is rather cold (Under 70 degrees) but my commute is long, over an hour, and hot hot hot. The container felt a little cooler than room temp but not cold when I found it. Would you eat it? Its philly cream cheese spread strawberry and almost new.

I should add it got a little warm the day I bought it during the long car ride home. But that did not affect it that I can tell.

bubbaray
07-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Toss. Its dairy. And it was hot. Definitely toss.

cntrymoon2
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I'd eat it. It's super pasteurized cream cheese.
When I was in high school, one of the academic clubs used to make bagels with cream cheese in huge quantities every morning and sell them all through the day as a fundraiser. They weren't stored in a fridge, and nobody ever got sick AFAIK.

EllasMum
07-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I have, on several occasions (:bag), left cream cheese out over night, and then eaten it and had no problems. I put it in my lunch cooler but then forget to take it out when I get home. It is always fine.

momof2girls
07-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd eat it. I've heard from some people who work retail that the general public would be shocked to see how long dairy products are left unrefridgerated in between being brought off the truck to the shelves.

rin
07-19-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd eat it without a second thought. As a PP pointed out, philly cream cheese is ultra-pasteurized; it would take an awfully long time for it to go bad.

Melanie
07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd toss the CC due to the long hot commute and just eat the bagel.