PDA

View Full Version : Four pools, four pumps and finally a half-inflated kiddie pool?

sste
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Seventeen years of post-secondary education combined and DH and I cannot manage to get a decent kiddie pool set-up!!!! We have spent hours buying and returning pools and pumps and the remains are littered all over our house and yard. Certain pumps appear broken, certain pools appeared to have leaks, the hand pumps require ALOT of effort, the electric ones sound like jackhammers and aren't any faster than the handpumps.

So, can someone please rec an electric or hand pump that will inflate this pool:

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Recreation-Center-Paradise-Lagoon/dp/B00003008E

Or you can suggest another kiddie pool.

Also, can you let me know if you are using an electric pump do you use the bigger holes that are located near the smaller holes for inflating and if so is there a special nozzle that fits those bigger holes available with these pumps?

Suburban living requires skill and cunning . . . not sure we are up to the task over here.

lizzywednesday
07-19-2011, 12:07 PM
The pump I bought with my air mattress (left at my Dad's for future use) had a bunch of adaptor nozzles with it. If your pool has a release-valve like an air mattress does, you might do better with the air-mattress pump rather than another kind.

The type I got was the "Embark" line from Target.

ha98ed14
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
We got an intex external frame pool, so no blowing up, and it works really well! If you decide to abandon the blow up ones, I recommend the external metal frame ones like this. http://www.amazon.com/Intex-12-Foot-30-Inch-Family-Round/dp/B000BVKO0E/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1311092066&sr=8-8

We got that one and really like it.

elektra
07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Seventeen years of post-secondary education combined and DH and I cannot manage to get a decent kiddie pool set-up!!!! .......

Suburban living requires skill and cunning . . . not sure we are up to the task over here.

:hysterical:

We have a really big kiddie pool and DH uses the air compressor to fill it up. It's one of the advantages of having a handy (educated with an actual white collar job), blue-collar-at-heart DH who loves to buy tools. I can ask him if there is a smaller, cheaper version of the one we have.
We use it all the time actually.

arivecchi
07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
We use our air mattress pump with a similar pool. Fills it up in seconds.

chozen
07-19-2011, 12:44 PM
we bought an intex frame pool last year and really like it for the money it has been well worth it. it is 15' wide and 42" deep, they do have smaller ones like the pp mentioned and having a filter makes it worth the effort.

janine
07-19-2011, 01:36 PM
We have a pool that is smaller than this one, but big enough for kids and an adult (with padded bottom) and I blew up the whole thing myself..old schoool, and 7 mo's pregnant, hahaha. No one believed it. I took a lot of breaks and just did it slowly throughout the day so no harm done.

I should really invest in a pump though!

sste
07-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Thank you so much everyone! :) I am going to get an air mattress pump.

For the ready-set intex frame pool owners, can you break it down easily at the end of the day? Our landlady prefers we don't leave the pool in the yard as it kills the grass and so we want to be able to break it down and drag it over to the side of the yard.

bubbaray
07-20-2011, 12:59 AM
You want a double action pump. This should do the trick (though we have a different brand); http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Large-Dual-Action-QuickPump/dp/B0055QFW4I/ref=acc_glance_t_ai_ps_t3_t_4

liz
07-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Thank you so much everyone! :) I am going to get an air mattress pump.

For the ready-set intex frame pool owners, can you break it down easily at the end of the day? Our landlady prefers we don't leave the pool in the yard as it kills the grass and so we want to be able to break it down and drag it over to the side of the yard.

No- it is pretty big/deep and it holds a lot of water. It is something you would leave up all summer, at minimum.