PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE -- All clear! So, they just sent the bomb squad . . .

dcmom2b3
07-19-2011, 12:52 PM
and the fire department into the courthouse where I work. We've been on lockdown now for nearly an hour under instructions to stay in our offices with our doors closed until further notice. Could be worse, some of my colleagues are stuck outside the building, in the gosh-awful midday heat.

This isn't fun. I'm hungry, and have to pee.

=====================================

I've taken care of the call of nature, and am going to run to get a sandwich. Still lots of mis-information floating around about what the "white powdery substance" was, but my immediate concerns have been taken care of!

Thanks for the well wishes, gang!

boolady
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Always fun. And of course you are hungry and have to pee...it wouldn't work any other way! Just like every time the fire alarm goes off I am wearing my pointiest, highest heels, because our office's particular muster area is in the middle of a grass courtyard. Be safe!

arivecchi
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Gosh, too many maniacs in this world. Hope the whole thing is over soon. How scary!

elektra
07-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Hope you get the all-clear asap!

TwinFoxes
07-19-2011, 01:03 PM
That sucks. :( Be safe, and hopefully it's over soon.

ha98ed14
07-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Oh no! Omg. These are times it would be helpful to have a wiener and a bottle... Hope it's over quickly!

rlu
07-19-2011, 01:10 PM
My sympathies. One of the companies I worked for back in the 80s/90s would get bomb threats (apparently someone was hacked off we set up an Irish plant - these were the pre-Good Friday Agreement days) but we were told to grab our purses and head out the door. We weren't allowed to leave but sometimes people would walk to a nearby building and ask for use of the facilities.

brittone2
07-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Hope you get the all-clear very soon, and get some food and potty relief! Stay safe.

Puddy73
07-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Blech! Hope you get out safe & soon! My former firm was next door to the FBI offices and the bomb squad would be called every time someone left their briefcase or gym bag next to the security box. They usually evacuated us into the adjacent parking lot for at least two hours.

HIU8
07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope it's nothing and they are just being overly cautious.

mommylamb
07-19-2011, 02:42 PM
That sucks. I'm glad they've got the all clear. During the Anthrax attacks in 2001 my building had this happen several times with mystery powder (which one time turned out to be actually non-dairy creamer). There are a number of news outlets in the building, as well as state and local government groups, some of which are high profile, so this building is sometimes a target for those sorts of things.

StantonHyde
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
ah geez--and I'll bet everyone there just got TONS of work done!! how frustrating. With my post-kids bladder, I wouldn't have any guarantees that I would make it either!