PDA

View Full Version : Mark's Daily Apple

infomama
07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Anyone read this blog on a regular basis? The sunburn thread led me to an article on his site. Looks interesting.
www.marksdailyapple.com

brittone2
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Not every day, but I visit there from time to time. I am not a paleo/primal purist but the way I eat is pretty similar, and I use a lot of paleo/primal principles.

THere are several members here who are primal, paleo, or just general LCers.

I bake with almond and coconut flours (like you will run into on his site) for example. We do grassfed meat, mostly grassfed dairy (some raw), etc. We embrace saturated fat, and don't really eat grains.

pinkmomagain
07-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't read the blog as much as the forums. I have been doing Primal since April and there's alot of interesting info in the forums. I also read Mark's book "Primal Blueprint."

echoesofspring
07-19-2011, 07:05 PM
My DH is a big fan. I skim it occasionally. I wasn't terribly impressed with his BF post, but I respect the fact that he admits he's not an expert and trying to figure things out, was open to people's comments, etc. The verdict is still out in my mind about his food philosophy - we've been doing a low(er) carb lifestyle for a while (did the south beach a few years ago), try to buy organic/local produce when possible/affordable and using more grassfed meat and I'm all for that, but...i'm not sure I buy everything he says. DH needs to lose a fair amt of weight and wants to use the primal diet to do it, I hope it works, but mostly I'm curious to see how if any his bloodwork changes.