PDA

View Full Version : Narrowing down diaper bag for 2

williams44
07-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Right now, I have a Skip Hop dash. It's okay, but I often feel that it is too small for our needs even now. I'm expecting another child, so we will have double the stuff. My older one will be 2 years old, and she's still in diapers. So I'll need space for 2 different sizes of diapers, bottles, sippy cup, formula, food, extra clothes for both kids, wipes, sunscreen, hats, etc. The Skip Hop dash definitely won't cut it.

I went to Nordstrom and checked out the Petunia Picklebottom boxy backpack. I'm not really into backpacks, and I didn't like how it was so deep. I feel like it would be hard to find things in there. Is that a problem?

They had a Storksak, but I felt it was more about style rather than functionality. They only had one style, so maybe it was just that particular style.

I liked the Jujube BFF because of the way it opened up. I like how it folds out so you can see the bottom of the bag. I feel like I wouldn't have to dig as much to find things. But it seemed heavier than the other bags, even with nothing in it. And I wonder if it would be big enough for all of my needs.

Anyone have any insight into the above bags? Anything else I should be looking into?

Thanks.

lhafer
07-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I really think a Skip Hop Versa would suit your needs. Tons of functional pockets, and room enough for 2 and your stuff. Has a long adjustable shoulder strap that can be worn over the shoulder or across the body.

mackmama
08-03-2011, 12:17 AM
I do not like vertical or boxy bags, either, because I feel like my stuff gets lost. I can't stand searching through my bag for something.

I have the JuJuBe BFF, and many people think it's a good size for 2 kids. You might want to check out the "pink room" (JJB's forum boards) on JJB's website to see pics of how people pack it. You might then get an idea of how it would work for you.

hoodlims
08-18-2011, 01:39 AM
I am planning on getting a PPB backpack when I have my second. I find that with a shoulder bag, it throws me off balance when I am holding a kid. Plus, my shoulder bags tend to me so heavy they slip off when I bend over and more often than not, I have whacked my kid in the head with it. Had you asked me before I had a kid, I also would've never gone the backpack route.

hoodlims
08-23-2011, 11:00 PM
I recently purchased a new Petunia Picklebottom Boxy Packpack, and I love it! The straps are so versatile, you can wear it as a backpack, shoulder bag, or messenger! I am thrilled with my purchase. The glazed material is the best for easy maintenance!

BabbyO
08-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Here are some suggestions I got when I asked about this recently (probably should have posted in this forum)

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=405977