PDA

View Full Version : Paypal/e-bay question

robinsmommy
07-20-2011, 03:27 PM
DD's favorite old shirt has come up on E-bay in her current size, and I *need* that shirt. I don't do ebay (last time I did was the old NIB FPSIV carseat, which was great - but that was, uh, 9+ years ago.....). Is there a way to set up a one-time pay-pal thing (gift card or such) so that I don't have to open an account I will never use and have to keep track of? My sister no longer has a paypal account, and I'm having a hard time coming up with a good local friend who does, otherwise I would just have them order it, pay them for it, and be done.

I don't give out credit card info on the net unless I have to. Any other ideas? Seller accepts paypal only I guess.

I think that the term "Luddite" might be what applies.... ;)

wellyes
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I have my paypal linked to a savings account with very little $ in it. That account is not linked in any way to my main checking account (different bank even).

robinsmommy
07-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Crumbs. I'm realizing that I would have to have an e-bay account anyways.

I'll just send out a request to a list of mom friends, unless there is some other way to do this. I know that there are businesses that sell on e-bay for you - silly as it seems, I wonder if there are any that buy for you.

KrisM
07-20-2011, 04:13 PM
You'd need an ebay account to buy it. Paypal lets you check out as a guest and enter a credit card number, without making a paypal account.

robinsmommy
07-20-2011, 04:45 PM
:love-retry: :boogie:

I found a friend to get it for me!!!!!! It was the most favorite piece of clothing she has ever had, and she still asks if she can wear it, though it is 3 sizes too small.....