PDA

View Full Version : On my way to Sonic for the first time...

Green_Tea
07-20-2011, 06:32 PM
What should I order?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Melaine
07-20-2011, 06:33 PM
My favorite part is the drinks...you can mix any combo and their crushed ice is fantastic. I honestly don't eat there often but the poster for their new "gourmet" hot dogs looks good to me.

fivi2
07-20-2011, 06:35 PM
The only thing I will eat (drink) at a Sonic is a Cherry Limeade. (But I am not a Sonic fan... sorry!)

Pennylane
07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I love the drinks, best ice around! We love the burgers, coney hot dogs, tater tots and if they have them, mini banana splits!

Ann

crayonblue
07-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Cherry Limeade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's an unusually bright color not found in nature...but oh so yummy!

I like the hamburgers too.

MommyofAmaya
07-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Strawberry limemade (made with old school frozen strawberry ice cream topping)
or
Orange Cream Slush (soft serve mixed with orange slush).
or
Banana chocolate milkshake (with fresh bananas)
Yum.

lhafer
07-20-2011, 07:06 PM
#1 w/cheese/mayo, no onion, no tomato
with tater tots
and a large cherry limeade

Oh....

Wait....

You asked what YOU should order....:bag

Seriously though...love their burgers, just recently had their hot dogs and they were good. Love Cherry Limeades and Ocean Waters for my drinks. They have good ice cream desserts too.

DietCokeLover
07-20-2011, 07:18 PM
When I was pregnant I would crave Sonic ice! Just a cup of ice.

But, I love to get a flavored diet coke, cherry limeade or a tropical smoothie (can't remember the name).

I am not a huge fan of their burgers, but I love to get tater tots from there.

Puddy73
07-20-2011, 07:20 PM
I love their drinks and shakes! The food is "meh." Most of it is pretty greasy.

jenstring95
07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Vanilla diet or regular Dr Pepper with easy ice and extra vanilla!

twowhat?
07-20-2011, 08:00 PM
#1 with cheese and everything on it!!! Tots, tots, tots!!!

Momit
07-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Cherry limeade, grilled cheese and tater tots! The food is pretty salty so you need that huge drink.

Green_Tea
07-20-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm back :).

I got a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a diet coke (because I am boring.)

DH got a double cheeseburger, tots and cherry limeade (because he takes your suggestions seriously.)

We split a dessert - the thing with the candy mixed with the soft serve.

I give it an overall 5 out of 10. The tots were great. The fries stink. The burgers were just OK. The kids thought it was AWESOME and are already planning what to get next time (which will likely be NEXT summer!) :D.

alexsmommy
07-20-2011, 08:14 PM
I had three cherry limeades last week while down south. Once a year I figure that much dye won't kill me.
I've been told the food is only ok so I don't waste calories on it.

Mermanaid
07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Cherry limeade and a coney dog with tator tots! Or a cherry slush. YUM. I always manage to miss happy hour.

boolady
07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Next time get the diet Coke with their lo-cal cherry in it, if you like that flavor. Heavenly, and I can convince myself it's not that bad, even if there is a strong possibility that all of the artificial ingredients in it could shorten my lifespan by a year or two. Totally worth it.

DrSally
07-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Vanilla diet or regular Dr Pepper with easy ice and extra vanilla!

That sounds good. Do they make it there or is that a flavor of Dr. Pepper. You guys are making the ice sounds so good. I love good, crushed ice.

I went recently for the first time and got plain hotdogs for the kids w/cheese, and they split a cone.

kijip
07-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Sonic food tastes best if eaten after midnight. Chili cheese topping just ain't fit for daylight consumption.

The drinks are good 24 hours. :tongue5:

DrSally
07-20-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm back :).

DH got a double cheeseburger, tots and cherry limeade (because he takes your suggestions seriously.)

:rotflmao::jammin:

And, yes, the kids think this place is so cool!

jenstring95
07-20-2011, 10:47 PM
That sounds good. Do they make it there or is that a flavor of Dr. Pepper. You guys are making the ice sounds so good. I love good, crushed ice.

I went recently for the first time and got plain hotdogs for the kids w/cheese, and they split a cone.

They make it there. It is YUMMY!! You can also get cherry DP or cherry vanilla DP. Oh, and the ice IS really good!

Twin Mom
07-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Love the tots.

We rarely go there but we were going to drive by one tonight so I gave my DC the option of eating there and they chose Subway so I guess they don't like the food that much either...

soon2b4
07-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Strawberry or cherry limeade and tater tots. :yay:

Melaine
07-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I love the ice so much I buy it by the bag and once put it in my icemaker so I could dispense it by the glass!

DietCokeLover
07-21-2011, 07:32 AM
I love the ice so much I buy it by the bag and once put it in my icemaker so I could dispense it by the glass!

I didn't know you could do that!

Green_Tea
07-21-2011, 07:47 AM
OK, I an nursing a serious Sonic hangover today. I thought I might die during my early morning yoga :rotflmao:.

So, next time I will skip the food and just work the beverage angle. If there is a next time ;).

stillplayswithbarbies
07-21-2011, 01:56 PM
nobody mentioned cheesy tots? Cheesy tots and a Route44 Cherry Limeade

Melaine
07-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I didn't know you could do that!

It worked pretty well at first, then it did get clumped together. But I pulled out the tray and stabbed it a few times with a butter knife and it worked again. It was totally worth it.

boolady
07-21-2011, 02:00 PM

Oh, I am totally doing this. Our icemaker isn't hooked up to the water supply right now because it had what we thought was a cracked line but the plumber told us was a complete hack job in how someone ran the line to the fridge, and since I didn't want to end up with soaked wood laminate flooring, we capped it off. I might just have to swing by and get a bag today on my way home from work, not that Sonic's actually on my direct way home from work, but whatever. Great idea!

KHF
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't know if the Sonic's around us are just below par or what, but I detest their food. I think a 5 out of 10 is super-generous... Their milkshakes are good and the ice rocks, but if you don't go at happy hour, it's all pretty $$ too. I'll take Steak N Shake any day over Sonic.

DrSally
07-21-2011, 09:15 PM
What is this Happy hour?

Melaine
07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
What is this Happy hour?

2-4 drinks and slushes are half price. It is pretty much the only time we go.

DrSally
07-21-2011, 10:13 PM

:thumbsup: Did not know this

jenstring95
07-22-2011, 12:33 AM

We also have $.99 large drinks before 11am (not sure if all Sonics do this?). I don't think it includes slushes, though. Since I am not a coffee drinker, I look forward to my once a week large caffeine fix! :)