PDA

View Full Version : Flu in the summer?

marie
07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
DH has been sick in bed for two days - low fever, headache, muscle aches, chest congestion (mostly with some head congestion), slight sore throat, and fatigue.

This is the flu, right? It's just really weird because none of the rest of us are as sick as he is. DD1 started late last week with cold symptoms - stuffed nose, sore throat, cough. She's mostly recovered. I've had a sore throat since Sunday PM and DD2 is fine. DH works from home and has very little contact with the outside world, LOL.

I don't think it's Lyme because of the head/chest congestion.

Anything else?

and in full embarrassing disclosure, :bag I'm totally paranoid that it's Hanta virus because DH cleaned out the garage this weekend sweeping up piles and piles of mouse poop. He didn't even acknowledge me when I suggested he wear a dust mask. I know it's rare and therefore totally irrational thinking. . .

kijip
07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
A lot of people are having summer colds and viruses this year around me. Sorry he is ill. Hope he feels better soon.

chlobo
07-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Honestly, living in Vt I'd probably go see the dr. and see if they think it might be lyme.

StantonHyde
07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I would take Lyme first. I have never heard of Hanta outside the desert southwest--we don't really get it in northern Utah unless you are digging out a mountain of mouse poop.

Lots of people get summer colds. I swear there is a coxackie virus that goes through here every August and I get it. DD got it when she was 3 mos old that first summer. I even schedule my triathlons around the second week of August because I am always sick then!!! And it totally feels more like flu than a cold.

marie
07-21-2011, 09:44 AM
thanks ladies.

He's feeling better this morning and going to try to work a half day. Just so weird since no one else got nearly as sick as he did. I mentioned Lyme to him and he chuckled. I did look it up and the head/chest congestion makes me rule it out.

If he's sick much longer I think he'll call the doctor since he's developed pneumonia twice in the last four years. (That's been a bit of a wake-up call for him.)

bubbaray
07-21-2011, 09:47 AM
*I* would have him go to the dr about hanta. I would be surprised if you do not have it in VT -- We have it here in all parts of BC.

ThreeofUs
07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
DS2 just came down with something - fever and runny nose for 2 weeks or so. Nothing to do for it but comfort measures and watch, you know? But not fair in the summer!