PDA

View Full Version : Nanny situation

Lupe
07-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I am not sure what to do about this
My nanny is a sweet girl, DS has a great time with her and I have generally no complains
But...
The last few days have been really hot, and when I come home I noticed a weird smell, couldn't figure out what it was
But I have a small condo and it was really unpleasant, I thought maybe something she cooked
Today DH came back from a business trip, when we got back home again that smell
And DH said it was certainly smelly feet! I think with the heat her feet get sweaty and smell bad, what to do?
She is so nice otherwise

truly scrumptious
07-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Are you sure it's not your DS? My DS's feet perspire like crazy and his shoes smell terrible. I usually deal with it by putting lots of baking soda on his shoes (I wash them occasionally with baking soda too.)

If you think it's the nanny, you can put a container of baking soda (or a foot spray - Bath and Body used to have one) by all the shoes (we have a spot by the front door where everyone's shoes go) and tell her that with the heat you're all noticing you all perspire a lot, so could she please put some in DS's shoes and wash his feet whenever they get home? Then mention that you've all started using it, and she should feel free to help herself too if she feels like.

That's the most diplomatic way I can think of handling it.

Good luck!

kaitlyns.mom
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
If she is great I would just put up with it and air the place out... maybe air freshener?

wellyes
07-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I would say nothing and open up some windows or get an air freshener.
Unless you are good friends, it's not OK for a grownup to tell another grownup that she has stinky feet.

Lupe
07-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I am sure it is her, I think it maybe her rubber flip-flops
The problem is that is has been close to 100, and will be over that next few days, and we can't really open the windows. Ir wanted to air out the house now,but it is 9 pm and 89 degrees. Our AC can barely keep the temperature bellow 80. There is also an air quality alert, specially for children.
I have an air purifier, which I will put full on on the main living area, I will leave the foot spray by the door next to my shoes, maybe she will decide to use it
The smell is really bad....

Tondi G
07-20-2011, 09:46 PM
I am sure it is her, I think it maybe her rubber flip-flops
The problem is that is has been close to 100, and will be over that next few days, and we can't really open the windows. Ir wanted to air out the house now,but it is 9 pm and 89 degrees. Our AC can barely keep the temperature bellow 80. There is also an air quality alert, specially for children.
I have an air purifier, which I will put full on on the main living area, I will leave the foot spray by the door next to my shoes, maybe she will decide to use it
The smell is really bad....

could you be sneaky and give her flip flops a quick spray with shoe deodorizer?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000052XXI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000IBIIFU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PYC0V89VNB11H890Z0B

SkyrMommy
07-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Unless you are good friends, it's not OK for a grownup to tell another grownup that she has stinky feet.

:hysterical: I'm sorry because I know how much stinky smells are exasperated with heat... but that was just too funny!!!

I like the idea of putting out some shoe deodorizers and have her use it for DS's shoes at your request and letting her know that she's welcome to some for her sandals as well. Good luck!

LD92599
07-20-2011, 09:55 PM
When we came home today my DS kept insisting something smelled. We finally narrowed it down to HIS CLOTHING and himself....he smelled it on the blanket. He'd even asked the sitter if she smelled something. I was embarressed for him and her...i texted her to apologize and she replied she didn't notice anything - thank goodness!

There's no easy way for an adult to tell another adult their feet stink.

cntrymoon2
07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
I would keep your mouth shut. I agree there is no polite way to tell another adult that her feet stink.