PDA

View Full Version : Boden Sale Hits & Misses thread.....

AnnieW625
07-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Got my first item, Cosmopolitan dress (in navy) (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH274-NAV/Womens-Navy-Falling-Spot-Cosmopolitan-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4) and we'll it's going back. It had absolutely no shape for my somewhat boxy/curvy body and it was too short, not noticeably, I just thought it hit my knees in a weird spot; it should've either been shorter or a little longer. I totally thought the empire waist would work but this one didn't work for me. I guess I was expecting it to look the same as it does on the model, but that didn't happen:(

So what else is everyone keeping or sending back?

I am waiting three other shipments, one shipped last Friday from England, one shipped today, and the other one will ship from England, but no confirmation that it's been sent yet. It's all just two orders.
ETA: here are some photos. DD1 took the one of me in the brown wrap dress. DH really liked this one, and I think I do too. I was pretty surprised because I wasn't sure on the color. The purple one is going back, the colors just didn't work for me, which is strange, but I thought it would.

I also think I am going to keep the Riveria dress, it fit very nicely. DH isn't sold on it, but really I like it so I think it's a keeper.

I retried on the Cosmopolitan dress and when I took it off I noticed there was a zipper so I think the dress might be too big which means the 10 might be a perfect fit or it will be too small. Kind of exciting if you ask me, so I will probably end up exchanging.

The pink pleated trim tank top (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/WL578-PNK/Womens-Tulip-Pleated-Trim-Top.html?NavGroupID=18) worked fine too.

DrSally
07-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Fun thread. I have yet to receive anything from my 3 orders. Anxiously awaiting...

lmwbasye
07-20-2011, 10:54 PM
So far just got the lounge pants...

the second I put them on I jumped on to see if they were sold out...was going to order every color I could, LOL!

AWESOME!

LexyLou
07-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Bummer about the dress. I ordered that exact one. It got mixed reviews so I'm hoping it works for me.

Hope I get my order soon!

citymama
07-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Ah, the lounge pants are sensational - you're so lucky to have gotten them on sale. They're never available in my size by eos. I order one pair at Boden preview each season and adore them. Even with the 20% discount I paid a whopping $37 for a pair of pjs ( fall 2011) and that hurt! But I can't wait for them to get here.

I'm waiting for 3 EOS orders (so far, still checking replens) and 1 fall preview order. Two EOS orders have shipped. I'll report back when they arrive, although one is for dd1.

Re the cosmopolitan dress, I was eyeing it in a navy in 4. Is it running big? What kind of body shape do you think it would suit? I'm small framed/no curves to speak of (other than a post partum pooch!) and many dresses either hang on me or hug the wrong places. I know what you mean about wanting to look like the model - good sales strategy!

Great thread, btw, esp since the other thread is now 18 pages long!

LexyLou
07-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Citymama, I ordered the Cosmo dress in a size 4 based on the reviews. I'm 5'7". I'll take a pic of me in it (good or bad) when it comes and post. The reviews were so hit or miss. I'm kind of curveless too (no real waist).

secchick
07-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I got in a couple of T shirts already and of course I am keeping those. Yesterday I got in the Everyday Jersey Dress in black and the Twist Jersey Top in Atlantic (I had originally ordered it in the purple and it got canceled for OOS, and has since come back in 2-3 times). I may pick up each of these again in different colors, but it is hard since I am 8.5 months pregnant. I know that I can't really wear the dresses for a long time because while they are functional for nursing, they are not so great for double pumping at work. Sigh. My Jersey wrap dress is coming from the UK, so I will let you know when that comes in.

vludmilla
07-21-2011, 10:08 AM
I LOVE the notch neck top. I'm tall and fairly slim but sort of medium busty. It fits perfectly and is super flattering. It is not too low cut, which I love and it just looks fabulous, IMO. I could wear it to work or dress it down with shorts. I also really love the pinky red patent sandals with the strappy front and the cork heel. I've gotten lots of compliments while wearing them and they are pretty comfortable for heels.

AnnieW625
07-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Re the cosmopolitan dress, I was eyeing it in a navy in 4. Is it running big? What kind of body shape do you think it would suit? I'm small framed/no curves to speak of (other than a post partum pooch!) and many dresses either hang on me or hug the wrong places. I know what you mean about wanting to look like the model - good sales strategy!

Great thread, btw, esp since the other thread is now 18 pages long!

I am tempted to take the dress to my sister and tell her to try it on, I am seeing her this weekend and she is looking at the Boden site too so I told her I'd bring my stuff if I get it for her to try even though it will all be too big and potentially too short. She is 24, 5'9" and about 150lbs, she is also flat chested, but I know that she could probably wear a 10 or maybe even an 8 in the dress and I just to see what it looks like on her.

I honestly order A LOT of stuff based how it looks on the model. Even though I am no where in model shape or size I just do. The Everyday Jersery Dress looks as nice on me as it does on the model and we have completely different heights, and I am probably 40 to 50lbs heavier.

DrSally
07-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Someone said that companies (not sure if Boden does this), pin and tuck clothing on models so it looks just right. I buy stuff based on how it looks on the model too, but just b/c it doesn't fit like that on you doesn't mean you don't have a model body!

kevinsmama
07-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I bought the chic tunic in navy and LOVE it. It hides my "mummy tummy" (as the Brits say...) very well and is a very flattering piece! I'm contemplating buying it in other colors!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WK641-NAV/Womens-French-Navy-Chic-Tunic.html
The only problem is that the moths seem to love this fabric; already found a tiny hole only a couple days after opening the package!! I've found that the moths seem to LOVE many of my Boden pieces--they've already eaten away 2 of my merino tunics and a rayon tunic from last year. I of course keep moth balls in my drawers/closet but the moths seem to sneak up on them when they're in the laundry basket or being line-dried, LOL. I think they like the Boden fabric b/c many of their pieces are on the thinner side compared to other brands...

I also bought the silk leaf dress (also in navy) and that went back right away. It was so unflattering on my pear figure; made me look very big everywhere! I also found the skirt length too short (I'm 5'7). Even with the heavily discounted sale price, it just wasn't worth keeping... Too bad b/c I really like the look of the dress!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/BH005-DGY/Womens-Eclipse-Silk-Leaf-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

I am also waiting for 3 other dresses to arrive; I'm hoping at least one of them will be a keeper!

firstbaby
07-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I have placed a few more orders from Boden over the last week than I thought I would. :)

Received and am sending back the Spotty Jersey Top (very wide scoop neck), the Relaxed Silk Dress (gorgeous but too unstructured or blousy for me to keep), Drapey Jersey Dress (my girlfriend described it as a nightgown on me, LOL).

Received and keeping the Everyday Jersey Dress. Not DH's favorite, but very cute and I feel pulled together with no effort.

Still waiting to receive the Sassy Silk Dress, Siena Tee, Favourite Shirt and Terrazzo Tunic. I am glad some of it listed above is getting sent back to offset what is still on its way. :)

How are you all able to tell when it will be delivered and whether it came from England or PA?

clb
07-23-2011, 07:01 PM
How are you all able to tell when it will be delivered and whether it came from England or PA?

Check your order history. Click on order detail and you'll see the warehouse from which it shipped.

I ordered a black jersey wrap dress. It has be a while since I wore something so fitted. At first I wasn't so sure but I decided it does look good.

I'm waiting on a spring shift. I hope it fits. Planning to wear it to a family party next month.

DrSally
07-23-2011, 07:02 PM
:yeahthat:

Snow mom
07-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm still waiting on most of my order. Everything I've received so far is the larger size I ordered and it's all too big. I'm glad I ended up ordering smaller too. The ruffle neck tee seemed to be okay other than too big all around. I'm hopeful that the smaller size will work. The only other item I got was the textured jersey tee. It was terrible. Not only was it too big but it bunched/ puckered across the bust like there was far too much fabric there. I'm not small chested (34DD) so it seemed strange how particularly loose across the bust it was.

I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my orders. I picked up an everyday jersey dress and I'm glad to hear so many people are happy with it. That's the item I'm most looking forward to (please let it fit!)

DrSally
07-23-2011, 10:17 PM
I also didn't like the textured jersey T, so both are going back.

I did love the elegant vest in Pewter! I wasn't sure about it, but it's perfect for under a cardi. Really silky texture. I'm ordering 2 more.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/WL580/Womens-Elegant-Vest.html

C&C's mom
07-25-2011, 10:52 AM
I got both of these tunics and I don't know what to do. I kind of like them and then I don't know,

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WL598-BGN/Womens-Jade-Champagne-Spot-Printed-Tunic.html

This tunic I could wear as a dress. i really wanted to wear it with skinny jeans or leggings and a cardi for fall. The top is a little loose but the bottom is fitted. I am pear shaped.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA312-BRN/Womens-Brown-Woodblock-Ruched-Waist-Tunic.html?NavGroupID=88

This tunic is cute but hangs a little funny. It's a little sheer. I don't know if I could wear it as a dress.

I have to decide before I can't send them back anymore.

AnnieW625
07-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Well I am sending back the following things:
Riveria dress, I loved the fit, but DH just didn't like the floral print. I have decided that if the brown/white polka dot one comes back in stock in my size I'll try it, but until then I am fine with sending it back; and at least for the future I know the Riveria dress will fit. Not holding my breath on the other colors coming back in stock.

Cosmopolitan dress, I need the next size smaller in navy (not sold on the red, or the purple/grey) to see how it fits, but it's out of stock in my size so I'll just get a refund and reorder if it comes back in stock. Not holding my breath ion this one either.

Purple brush stroke wrap dress, the colors were just not my colors.

Still waiting on:
black jersey dress
black/white jersey wrap dress
lime green pleated trim top

I got both of these tunics and I don't know what to do. I kind of like them and then I don't know,

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WL598-BGN/Womens-Jade-Champagne-Spot-Printed-Tunic.html

This tunic I could wear as a dress. i really wanted to wear it with skinny jeans or leggings and a cardi for fall. The top is a little loose but the bottom is fitted. I am pear shaped.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA312-BRN/Womens-Brown-Woodblock-Ruched-Waist-Tunic.html?NavGroupID=88

This tunic is cute but hangs a little funny. It's a little sheer. I don't know if I could wear it as a dress.

:bag I just don't get the whole Boden tunic craze!

I like both of those tunics. I have never ordered any of the tunics only because I can't see myself wearing leggings with anything these days. Can you try the second one on with tights? I like that one too and if didn't make me look pregnant I would totally wear it if it were a dress.

ett
07-25-2011, 12:28 PM

I also ordered these same 2 tunics. I was planning to wear them as dresses and not over leggings or skinny jeans. I do like them, but don't love them, so I'm not sure if I should keep either. You can still return after 7 days for merchandise credit, so I may just sit on them for a while.

CaliMommy
07-25-2011, 10:51 PM
I did love the elegant vest in Pewter! I wasn't sure about it, but it's perfect for under a cardi. Really silky texture. I'm ordering 2 more.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/WL580/Womens-Elegant-Vest.html

I also love the elegant vest. For me, it's fitted at the top and slightly looser around my tummy area, which is great!

jennilynn
07-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I restrained myself and only ordered 3 tops, all keepers. The Siena tee is sheer but lovely. I also got the waterfall cardigan and the pleated trim top (wearing it today!) It's perfect for work and will look great under a cardigan or blazer once it cools off too. I'd love to order more but trying to resist.

AnnieW625
07-26-2011, 02:51 PM
the pleated trim top (wearing it today!) It's perfect for work and will look great under a cardigan or blazer once it cools off too.

I thought about wearing one of my pleated trim tops to work today too, but I wasn't sure if it would be too casual or not. I work in a business casual setting though so I am sure it will work. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow. I can totally see it working under a suit jacket though.

DrSally
07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
I restrained myself and only ordered 3 tops, all keepers. The Siena tee is sheer but lovely. I also got the waterfall cardigan and the pleated trim top (wearing it today!) It's perfect for work and will look great under a cardigan or blazer once it cools off too. I'd love to order more but trying to resist.

Glad you like your picks. I ordered the Sienna Tee and the waterfall cardy! (haven't received yet). What color did you get teh Sienna T in? I liked the Gray, but they didn't have my size, so I ordered the cream. As long as I like the fit/look, I'll keep it, even if it's a bit sheer in the cream b/c I can do a cami.

jennilynn
07-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I have the cream too and it definitely requires a cami. It's very pretty though.

DrSally
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I have the cream too and it definitely requires a cami. It's very pretty though.

Cool! I just love it on the model. Good to hear it's so pretty IRL!

LexyLou
07-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm dying here people! I still haven't received my order!

Trigglet
07-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Gah - so I got my first of three shipments yesterday and am in agony trying to decide to keep any of the three items!! I got the retro dot swimsuit (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Swimwear/Swimsuits/WS023-NAV/Womens-French-Navy-Polka-Dot-Retro-Swimsuit.html?NavGroupID=17), the crossover swimsuit (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Swimwear/Swimsuits/WS022-PNK/Womens-Tulip-Geo-Flower-Crossover-Swimsuit.html?NavGroupID=17) and the gladiator sandals in leopard print (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Sandals/AR458-DBR/Womens-Tan-Dark-Brown-Leopard-Strappy-Gladiators.html?NavGroupID=11).

So, I love the print of the retro swimsuit, but there's a little too much 'boobage' for my comfort - which is often the case with halternecks, I find, unless you look like the model, of course.

The crossover swimsuit, I love the cut, but DH dislikes the print and colour. And to be fair I don't like the print as much as the other one.

The gladiator sandals - I love the print, but I think they're too narrow, and they show too much toe...that sounds weird, but hopefully you get what I mean! They just aren't doing it for me.

I'm so depressed!!!

citymama
07-27-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm dying here people! I still haven't received my order!

I haven't received any of my 4 orders or my preview order even though all have shipped (including low-stock items, yay!). They shipped from the UK. Come on, already!

LexyLou
07-27-2011, 12:48 AM
I haven't received any of my 4 orders or my preview order even though all have shipped (including low-stock items, yay!). They shipped from the UK. Come on, already!

Oh man! I didn't even think about that. I just checked and the majority of my stuff is coming from the UK too.

The other stuff is coming from Pittston. I think I should get that stuff tomorrow.

So how much is return shipping if something doesn't work out?

DrSally
07-27-2011, 12:54 AM
oh wow! I received the first order I placed, which had the items I was most excited about. The Sienna T is beautiful--drapey, silky material, and georgeous crochet inset. It also has these cute gathers on the capsleeve that you can't see in the pic. 1000x better than the ON and Target knockoffs. I want to get another color. Also, the neckline is flattering, not too low or too high.

The waterfall cardy is nice and refined. Not too much "flap" in the front, which can overwhelm a shorter person, and the gather in the back adds nice shaping. Both fit perfectly in a 6 (my usual size). I'm sending back the halterneck dress. Weird shape that makes me look too "pear-y". I also think the fabric isn't that nice. http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH247-YEL/Womens-Yellow-Hydrangea-Halterneck-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

TwinFoxes
07-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Dr.Sally I'm so glad you got that top! I remember you posting the alternatives, they were nowhere near as cute. Yay for you, and yay it's as cute as you hoped!!

DrSally
07-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Dr.Sally I'm so glad you got that top! I remember you posting the alternatives, they were nowhere near as cute. Yay for you, and yay it's as cute as you hoped!!

:ROTFLMAO: That's so funny you remembered. I picked up the ON knock off for like $5 recently. I am sooo psyched to get this Boden one. It's my first time ordering from Boden, and at $23 and FS, I could totally justify it. It is just gorgeous and the crochet inset is so well done. I'm in the process of ordering the lavendar one. Not sure what I'll wear it with, other than white or blue jeans, but I'm just so in love with the crochet inset!

citymama
07-27-2011, 01:39 AM
So how much is return shipping if something doesn't work out?
If you used the WPAA free ship/returns code, you will get a free returns label with your order. Just use that label with your Boden envelope (which can be resealed) and you won't pay a thing. If you don't get a free returns label, post here and one of us will send you one!

oh wow! I received the first order I placed, which had the items I was most excited about. The Sienna T is beautiful--drapey, silky material, and georgeous crochet inset. It also has these cute gathers on the capsleeve that you can't see in the pic. 1000x better than the ON and Target knockoffs. I want to get another color. Also, the neckline is flattering, not too low or too high.

The waterfall cardy is nice and refined. Not too much "flap" in the front, which
can overwhelm a shorter person, and the gather in the back adds nice shaping. Both fit perfectly in a 6 (my usual size).

Oh, yay! So happy those worked out for you! I was eyeing both but never hit the buy button on either.

Snow mom
07-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I feel terrible. I came home to a huge box from Boden but 90% of it is going back. The only item that was a hit was the elegant vest (fit nicely, wasn't too sheer.) I'll also keep some of the ruffle notch neck tees and linen mix jersey tops.

So I have two questions for the boden experts on this thread:
1) How much shrinkage should I expect from the tees? I prefer to wash and dry normally and account for shrinkage in the original size.
2)If you were going to send back 20+ items to boden, would you send them in one box or multiple polymailers? Will they even take a 10 pound box with those free returns labels? I have plenty of labels and shipping everything together makes me kind of nervous but I already feel terrible for Boden that they paid to ship all this to me just to have it all come back.

LearningAsWeGo
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
The good news is, I can size down in a lot of the things I ordered. Though, I really haven't changed size, so guessing some of the pieces I picked just ran large (I do read all the reviews, but never actually measure before ordering).

Winners - I am in love with the Pool Party Tunic (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA309-BLU/Womens-Blue-Loopy-Pool-Party-Tunic.html?NavGroupID=88). I am going to order a size smaller to see if it fits better. If not, I may have this taken in a bit. It is fun and is a great length to wear on its own and I'll definitely be wearing it with tall boots going into fall.

I like the Glamorous Maxi Dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Below-Knee-Dresses/WH270-BPK/Womens-Ruby-Glamorous-Maxi-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4). I've never worn a Maxi dress, didn't think one would ever work on me. I'm going to get DH's opinion, b/c it's very possibly an item I'm loving buy may never wear. I got both the orange/pink and the grey (the grey was too large, going to order size smaller if DH likes it). I have a tendency to love some items and then they take up permanent residence on a hanger.

Several misses for me - the Notch Neck Tee. Wrong size, it was boxy, didn't flatter anything. The Sienna T - I see some are loving it, but it just didn't do it for me. The Relaxed Tunic - I got two prints, both were too large (I may have smaller sizes in my next order). I like the idea of these, but they needed a lot of fine tuning and I'm not that invested to get them taken in and adjusted :)

I also like the yellow bubble top, but it gathered oddly under the neckline. I don't see it doing that in the pics, so maybe it will go away when ironed.

Awaiting my next shipment!

AnnieW625
07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I feel terrible. I came home to a huge box from Boden but 90% of it is going back. The only item that was a hit was the elegant vest (fit nicely, wasn't too sheer.) I'll also keep some of the ruffle notch neck tees and linen mix jersey tops.

1) How much shrinkage should I expect from the tees? I prefer to wash and dry normally and account for shrinkage in the original size.
2)If you were going to send back 20+ items to boden, would you send them in one box or multiple polymailers? Will they even take a 10 pound box with those free returns labels? I have plenty of labels and shipping everything together makes me kind of nervous but I already feel terrible for Boden that they paid to ship all this to me just to have it all come back.

1. I accidently put one of my pleated trim top tank tops in the dryer and it shrunk a bit in the arm holes, but it's not that noticeable; the length is still the same. I usually hang dry all of the tops that I like how they fit when I get them. I am just anal like that though.

2. I woudl send back the orders in the large box they came in with a free returns label. I don't feel bad in regards to shipping. I think they work the price of shipping into many of the items because the WPAA free shipping code is now good until the end of November. They get their money for the free shipping somehow.

ett
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

It would probably be cheaper for them if everything was sent back in 1 box.

citymama
07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
It would probably be cheaper for them if everything was sent back in 1 box.
:yeahthat: Send it back - don't feel guilty! bummer that things didn't work out, but that's my experience with summer boden too. I much prefer the Fall items and fit, both for me and my DDs.

LexyLou
07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
I got my first two items and love them both!

I got the Straight Leg jeans in white in a 6L

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Jeans/WC083-WHT/Womens-White-Straight-Jeans.html?NavGroupID=19

They fit perfectly. They are a little higher in the waist than I'm used to but it's not a bad thing.

I could have probably gone in the 4 but because it's white, especially, I'm glad I'm in the 6. There is nothing worse than too tight white pants and since I don't have a small waist and they are a higher fit, the 6 is definitely more comfortable.

I also got the waterfall cardigan in Sea Green also in a 6, also one I would have been fine in either a 4 or a 6, but since it's loose the 6 doesn't look too big. Love this color.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK626-SGR/Womens-Sea-Green-Waterfall-Cardigan.html?NavGroupID=6

Can't wait for the other stuff to come from the UK.

DrSally
07-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I got my first two items and love them both!

I got the Straight Leg jeans in white in a 6L

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Jeans/WC083-WHT/Womens-White-Straight-Jeans.html?NavGroupID=19

They fit perfectly. They are a little higher in the waist than I'm used to but it's not a bad thing.

I could have probably gone in the 4 but because it's white, especially, I'm glad I'm in the 6. There is nothing worse than too tight white pants and since I don't have a small waist and they are a higher fit, the 6 is definitely more comfortable.

I also got the waterfall cardigan in Sea Green also in a 6, also one I would have been fine in either a 4 or a 6, but since it's loose the 6 doesn't look too big. Love this color.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK626-SGR/Womens-Sea-Green-Waterfall-Cardigan.html?NavGroupID=6

Can't wait for the other stuff to come from the UK.

Glad the jeans worked out for you! I had spent a long time this summer searching for a great pair of white jeans. I say the sea green waterfall cardy and they said it was more green than the pic. Is it a pastel-like sea green?

DrSally
07-27-2011, 09:40 PM

That's too bad! I liked the elegant vest too (and went back for 2 more colors). It was a surprise given some of the neg. reviews.

LexyLou
07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Glad the jeans worked out for you! I had spent a long time this summer searching for a great pair of white jeans. I say the sea green waterfall cardy and they said it was more green than the pic. Is it a pastel-like sea green?

I've been looking for white jeans all summer. Kind of bummer it's the end of the summer now, but I figure here I can wear it through September and pick the up again in April...

I think the cardigan is actually the exact color of the picture. It's not really pastel in terms of being a soft color. It's actually pretty bold.

I'm going over to a girlfriends right now but I'll take a picture tomorrow so you can see.

citymama
07-28-2011, 03:13 AM
My Breton top in red (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL590-RED/Womens-Soft-Red-Stripe-Breton-Top.html) arrived today and it's great. I love it. I got the 4 (my usual size in Boden) and it fits well, although it's oddly tight in the armpit area. The red color is gorgeous. If I hadn't bought so much other clothing at Boden and elsewhere in the last week (Patagonia and Athleta sales got more of my $ than Boden!) I would go back for another!

My leggings (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Loungewear/WT036-NAV/Womens-Navy-Leggings.html) also arrived today and the fabric seems nice and soft but the waist in my regular size looks large. I didn't get a chance to try them on yet. The other two Boden envelopes that arrived were for DD1. Our mail carrier asked if they were all presents for DD2's birthday, and I sheepishly mumbled something that might have sounded like "yes" (she turned 1 two months ago, and none of it was for her!). Still waiting on a few more packages!

Did anyone get these bootcut jeans (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Jeans/WC084-DVN/Womens-Indigo-Bootcut-Jeans.html?NavGroupID=19)? They look great (I like a higher waisted fit) except the rear pockets look like they might result in a "mom jeans" look. Any feedback appreciated!

ETA Also got my preview PJs (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Loungewear/WT039-BLU/Womens-Bluebell-Polka-Dot-Cosy-Brushed-Pull-ons.html) - they cost 3 times what my Target PJs do but they are great! This is my third pair and they're absolutely my favorite.

Nothing is going back!

LexyLou
07-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Cute stuff, Citymama! Can you take a picture in the jeans so we can see. I can kind of see in the pic with the model how it *might* look mom jeanish but I'm not sure. They look cute though!

kevinsmama
07-28-2011, 10:53 AM
I got a few more packages earlier this week and this jersey dress looks like a muu-muu and very unflattering if worn alone:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH265-BGN/Womens-Shamrock-Florentine-Drapey-Jersey-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4
I love the green shamrock pattern, but as a stand-alone piece, it's too unflattering on my pear figure (I'm small chested with a wide hip). If I wear a cardigan it looks nice and can be worn for work (it's a very casual workplace) but I don't like not being able to wear it as is, so it's going back. The length is also too long (bought the "long" version)--accentuates my big calves too much.

The jersey crossover dress, however, is GREAT. I had very low expectations given all the negative reviews, so I was really surprised to find out that it's super flattering on my pear figure ! I bought it in black so for work I'll wear cardigans over it but I can also see myself wearing this to parties etc. Nice piece!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH267-BLK/Womens-Black-Crossover-Jersey-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

Still waiting on a few more dresses to arrive, LOL.

DrSally
07-28-2011, 04:45 PM
My Breton top in red (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL590-RED/Womens-Soft-Red-Stripe-Breton-Top.html) arrived today and it's great. I love it. I got the 4 (my usual size in Boden) and it fits well, although it's oddly tight in the armpit area. The red color is gorgeous. If I hadn't bought so much other clothing at Boden and elsewhere in the last week (Patagonia and Athleta sales got more of my $ than Boden!) I would go back for another!

My leggings (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Loungewear/WT036-NAV/Womens-Navy-Leggings.html) also arrived today and the fabric seems nice and soft but the waist in my regular size looks large. I didn't get a chance to try them on yet. The other two Boden envelopes that arrived were for DD1. Our mail carrier asked if they were all presents for DD2's birthday, and I sheepishly mumbled something that might have sounded like "yes" (she turned 1 two months ago, and none of it was for her!). Still waiting on a few more packages!

Did anyone get these bootcut jeans (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Jeans/WC084-DVN/Womens-Indigo-Bootcut-Jeans.html?NavGroupID=19)? They look great (I like a higher waisted fit) except the rear pockets look like they might result in a "mom jeans" look. Any feedback appreciated!

ETA Also got my preview PJs (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Loungewear/WT039-BLU/Womens-Bluebell-Polka-Dot-Cosy-Brushed-Pull-ons.html) - they cost 3 times what my Target PJs do but they are great! This is my third pair and they're absolutely my favorite.

Nothing is going back!

I was eyeing that brenton top in red too. The reviews made it seem like you had to order up if you didn't want it too fitted. I may still order it, but now I wonder if I should size up.

The jeans are pretty high waisted, but if they're flattering, I'd keep them. I love a mid-rise, and these seem even higher.

Great that you got to keep so much stuff!

daphne
07-28-2011, 04:55 PM
The jersey crossover dress, however, is GREAT. I had very low expectations given all the negative reviews, so I was really surprised to find out that it's super flattering on my pear figure ! I bought it in black so for work I'll wear cardigans over it but I can also see myself wearing this to parties etc. Nice piece!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH267-BLK/Womens-Black-Crossover-Jersey-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

I'm pear shape, too, and am actually wearing the dress right now (but in the pink pattern), trying to decide if it makes me look pregnant. How did you tie the ribbon behind the flower? My ribbon keeps sagging...

citymama
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm pear shape, too, and am actually wearing the dress right now (but in the pink pattern), trying to decide if it makes me look pregnant. How did you tie the ribbon behind the flower? My ribbon keeps sagging...

If you think it does...

...don't keep it if you don't love it!

LexyLou
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
I got the rest of my order and I don't think there are any misses at all.

I took some pics of me in them to get advice. I also took a picture in the stripped tunic. I can't remember if it was this thread or the other people were asking if the stripes are unflattering. http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WL597-GRY/Womens-Grey-Marl-Stripy-Tunic.html

I don't think they are, but you guys need to tell me. My only issue with it, is it's at an odd length on me. It's long enough to be a dress/cover up but on the short side, so I don't know how comfortable I'd be wearing it out and about unless I had a bathing suit under it. But does that make it too long to wear as a tunic?

(standard disclaimer-no makeup, after working out...bad lighting, etc)

By itself

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/lexerella/IMAG0270.jpg

with the white straight jeans, also from Boden...is it too long? I wonder if it shrinks with washing...
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/lexerella/IMAG0275.jpg

This dress was only $29 and I'm not sure about it. http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH247-YEL/Womens-Yellow-Hydrangea-Halterneck-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

I actually think I like it alot more than I thought I would, but is it too busy? It runs small. This is a 6 and there is NO WAY I could have fit in a 4 in this dress. It's tight around the bust. I was thinking of wearing it to my mom's casual wedding this weekend. Honestly, what do you guys think?

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/lexerella/IMAG0277.jpghttp://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/lexerella/IMAG0276.jpg

This dress had really mixed reviews on the site but I actually love it. It's dressier than I thought it would be. The bottom is actually a silky fabric, not cotton like I was expecting. I still hope I can wear it with brown riding boots...but it might be too nice for that type of look.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH274-NAV/Womens-Navy-Falling-Spot-Cosmopolitan-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

This is a size 4 and fits perfectly. the 6 would have been too big. So weird how different these two dresses fit!

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/lexerella/IMAG0278.jpg

Ok, honest opinions ladies. I'm kind of at a high in weight for me. I need to lose 5-8 lbs. So I'm a little uncomfortable in my skin and I don't want to be that girl who thinks she looks good in something when she doesn't. You know?!

ETA: I was so proud of myself for embedding pictures but how do I make them smaller?!

kevinsmama
07-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Wow, thanks for the fashion show!

So here are my 2 cents:

First of all, you don't need to lose any weight. You have a hot bod!! I think the $29 dress looks fabulous on you--I'd keep it if I were you; it really flatters your figure. Don't think it's too busty at all!

Having said that, I'm not too sure about the other dress on you--I know you really like it so you should probably go with your own instincts, but to be brutally honest, it appears from the photo that the bodice part is rather short and I'm not too sure about that pink trim between the bodice and the skirt... But it could very well the angle in which the photo was taken, so if you are in love with the dress, just ignore my random comment. I actually thought about getting the same dress, but now that I've seen your photo, I think it might be too low cut for work.

About the stripey tunic, I think it looks great as a tunic. I personally think it's too short to be worn as a dress and looks better as a tunic rather than a dress...

Anyway, thanks so much for the fashion show--you really have a great body and you should be very proud!!!

Nicsmom
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I think you look fabulous in all three outfits but my favorite is the blue dress. Love it.

citymama
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
LexyLou, you look fabulous in those dresses! I especially like the last two, the floral one is perfect on you. The tunic isn't bad - you have no problem with the stripes (or weight) for sure - but it doesn't grab me either. It might be the color more than the cut. If you're looking for something to return, that would be my pick, but if you're not looking to cull, then keep it all!

ETA Darn it, now I'm kicking myself for not getting the Cosmo dress when it was in stock in my size! It's a stunning dress and the merino should be good for the Fall.

LexyLou
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys.

I agree the tunic is better with the pants. I don't love it like I'd die without it, but I figure it's cute enough for volunteering in DDs' classes. Could be cute with my silver Tom's or my red ballet flats.

The blue dress, I like because I don't have to worry about sucking in my tummy, lol. I just hope I can casual it down a bit and do the boot thing, since I don't dress up all that often, especially in the winter, when there aren't many weddings.

kevinsmama
07-28-2011, 10:00 PM

I tied the ribbon in my back (not on the side like the model) and took off the flower corsage. I think the flower corsage looks better as a brooch (e.g. on the chest) rather than on the belt precisely b/c it's too floppy and keeps sagging (I also think the flower's weight makes the belt itself sag). I don't plan on using the corsage, at least not on the belt for sure, but I *might* use it as a brooch if the mood strikes...

Anyway, if you don't love it, don't keep it, even if it's on sale...

ett
07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I tied the ribbon in my back (not on the side like the model) and took off the flower corsage. I think the flower corsage looks better as a brooch (e.g. on the chest) rather than on the belt precisely b/c it's too floppy and keeps sagging (I also think the flower's weight makes the belt itself sag). I don't plan on using the corsage, at least not on the belt for sure, but I *might* use it as a brooch if the mood strikes...

Anyway, if you don't love it, don't keep it, even if it's on sale...

When you tied the ribbon in the back, did you just do a knot or as a bow. I tried doing it as a bow on the front side and it seemed too short. I like the dress but can't decide if I should wear it with the ribbon or cut the string for the ribbon off and wear the dress without it. I think one reviewer mentioned that the ribbon seemed too delicate to last.

DrSally
07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Nice pics, Lexielou! I think the stripped tunic looks great on you (the stripes are not widening in any way on you). I do tend to agree that it's an odd length (how tall are you?). I didn't order it b/c I wanted to wear it as a dress, and mid-thigh is just too short for me. I wonder how it would look w/capri leggings?

I also ordered the 2nd dress (with the flowers). I didn't love it on me at all, but my arms are nowhere near as toned as you.

The 3rd is cute. I would wear it w/riding boots.

BTW, I'm jealous of your slim, shapely calves :)

kevinsmama
07-28-2011, 11:53 PM
When you tied the ribbon in the back, did you just do a knot or as a bow. I tried doing it as a bow on the front side and it seemed too short. I like the dress but can't decide if I should wear it with the ribbon or cut the string for the ribbon off and wear the dress without it. I think one reviewer mentioned that the ribbon seemed too delicate to last.

I tied it in the back as a bow, but I've also contemplated not using the belt at all and just cut off the belt loops. I think I'll use the sash for now and if it starts unraveling I'll cut off the belt loops to wear the dress w/o it (which I think looks perfectly fine).

Beth24
07-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys.

I agree the tunic is better with the pants. I don't love it like I'd die without it, but I figure it's cute enough for volunteering in DDs' classes. Could be cute with my silver Tom's or my red ballet flats.

The blue dress, I like because I don't have to worry about sucking in my tummy, lol. I just hope I can casual it down a bit and do the boot thing, since I don't dress up all that often, especially in the winter, when there aren't many weddings.

I liked all three dresses on you. I ordered the tunic in navy...I was planning on wearing it with white or gray skinny jeans or leggings...def. not it by itself. Seeing the polka dotted dress on you makes meant to order one...hmmm! Off to see if they have it in my size. I that it can be dressed up or down.

AnnieW625
07-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks guys.

Very cute. I have the navy blue cosmo. dress on order in a size 10 too as I had ordered a 12 and it was just too big. I am hoping that the 10 fits because it will be perfect for the holidays, and I can still wear it to the office.

I like the other halter dress on you too; very cute.

The tunic is cute. Maybe when I have lost the weight I want to lose and am gutsy enough to wear skinny jeans I'll order one for myself. I don't think you need to lose any weight.

elektra
07-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Loved the pics LexyLou!
I got some Boden white pants too. Not the jeans though.

Hits

Jersey Wrap dress in Graphite (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH279/Womens-Jersey-Wrap-Dress.html)
Great for work I hope.

Jersey Tie Dress in Gray Smudge Spot (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH266-GRY/Womens-Grey-Smudge-Spot-Jersey-Tie-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4) Another one for work. Comfy, cute.

Straight Leg Cotton trousers in white (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Trousers/WM296-WHT/Womens-White-Straightleg-Cotton-Trousers.html?NavGroupID=19) Got mixed reviews but I liked them.

Brittany Jumper (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Knitwear/Jumpers/WK637-BLU/Womens-Delft-Stripe-Brittany-Jumper.html?NavGroupID=6)

Black leggings (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Trousers/WT036-NAV/Womens-Navy-Leggings.html?NavGroupID=19)

Bead Embellished Top (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/WL581-PNK/Womens-Radish-Doodle-Bead-Embellished-Top.html?NavGroupID=18)

Jersey Beach dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH262/Womens-Jersey-Beach-Dress.html) Super cute and comfy

Misses
Dandelion Petal Top (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/BA005-PNK/Womens-Pimento-Dandelion-Dandelion-Petal-Top.html?NavGroupID=18) It was too bulky

Relaxed Silk Dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH253-BGR/Womens-Kiwi-Kaleidoscope-Relaxed-Silk-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4) Wanted to love it but it ran way too big.

nupe
07-29-2011, 07:10 AM
I too loved the bead embellished top that elektra linked. I got the radish color. I want to thank the person who linked it in another boden thread but of course now i can't find that thread. I added it on to my order based on that person's rec.

I'm jealous that you got your black leggings because I had some in my bag and they hopped out as I was checking out...but that is the drama of low stock.

I liked the swishy viscose skirt. I bought one mid season and ordered a second one just now. Easy to wear with elastic waist, cute color combos.

I sized down on the jersey beach dress and the embroidered linen kaftan based on reviews/cut, and while that was fine in the top of the garment, it was not fine in the hip, so I reordered and sized back to my usual boden size.

Also perfect were the ibiza tunic (i got the grey color) and the green leopard spot dress that was also highly recommended in one of the threads.

I plan to turn the ibiza tunic into an indian outfit by adding a long scarf and tight pants. Same for the embroidered linen tunic.

citymama
07-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I too loved the bead embellished top that elektra linked. I got the radish color. I want to thank the person who linked it in another boden thread but of course now i can't find that thread. I added it on to my order based on that person's rec.

I'm jealous that you got your black leggings because I had some in my bag and they hopped out as I was checking out...but that is the drama of low stock.

I can't wait for my bead embellished top to get here - I got the multi feathers when it popped up in low stock for maybe 5 minutes and it finally shipped! I hope it doesn't run big because I'm not going to be able to send it back for a smaller size! Ditto for the leggings, which have arrived here but I still haven't had a chance to try on - they look a little large in my usual size, so if you see them back in stock, be aware of that.

LMPC
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I bought this one
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA311-MUL/Womens-Multi-Palm-Beach-Relaxed-Tunic.html?NavGroupID=88
in an 8 and a 6. I usually wear an 8 in Boden and was skeptical that I needed to size down. The 8 arrived first and just fit oddly....was not holding out hope for the 6. But holy moly, the 6 fit perfectly and it looks really cute. Long enough to wear as a dress (hits me a little above the knee and I'm 5'4"). Contemplating the brown striped one....

elektra
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Also perfect were the ibiza tunic

I forgot about my Ibiza tunic! Also a keeper. :)

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH272_BRN.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH272-BRN/Womens-Brown-Brushstroke-Jersey-Wrap-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH272_BLK.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH272-BLK/Womens-Black-Jersey-Wrap-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSUM_WH255_GRY.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH255-GRY/Womens-Mercury-Mosaic-Spot-Bow-Shift.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH253_BLK.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH253-BLK/Womens-Black-Relaxed-Silk-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH253_PEW.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH253-PEW/Womens-Pewter-Kaleidoscope-Relaxed-Silk-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH273_RED.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH273-RED/Womens-Geranium-Scribble-Jersey-Top-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_BA003_YEL.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Limited-Edition/Shirts/BA003-YEL/Womens-Buttercup-Flutter-Pretty-Silk-Shirt.html?NavGroupID=177)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_BA001_MUL.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Limited-Edition/Tops-T-shirts/BA001-MUL/Womens-Multi-Feathers-Silk-Feather-Top.html?NavGroupID=177)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_BA001_PBL.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Limited-Edition/Tops-T-shirts/BA001-PBL/Womens-Lavender-Blue-Feathers-Silk-Feather-Top.html?NavGroupID=177)

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_BA008_LBR.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/BA008-LBR/Womens-Mink-Silk-Bubble-Top.html?NavGroupID=18)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WA303_RED.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA303-RED/Womens-Red-Tissue-Floral-Printed-Cotton-Top.html?NavGroupID=18)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_BH001_BRZ.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Limited-Edition/Dresses/BH001-BRZ/Womens-Bronze-Retro-Shift.html?NavGroupID=177)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_BG003_DGY.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Skirts/Knee-Length-Skirts/BG003-DGY/Womens-Eclipse-Sleek-Pencil-Skirt.html?NavGroupID=13)also same skirt in white

The floral top I kept because I was literally too lazy to return it and it was not very much $. Not using that one for work. ;)

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSUM_WH266_GRY.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH266-GRY/Womens-Grey-Smudge-Spot-Jersey-Tie-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH253_PRP.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH253-PRP/Womens-Iris-Relaxed-Silk-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4)http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WM298_WHT.jpg (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Trousers/WM298-WHT/Womens-White-Flared-CottonTrousers.html?NavGroupID=19)

AnnieW625
07-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Arivecchi, when I saw the floral top online I totally thought of you. I think that would be cute with some black pants on casual Friday. I thought about the tank top dress too, but just couldn't decide what I would wear over it, and it just looks like it needs something else.

Great job with the photos:)

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Annie, I have worn it to work like this with a really dark velvety fitted jacket and black suede wedge sandals:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ex69dv0fldM/TjLejXQZBJI/AAAAAAAACx0/wD59HzrdCOw/s512/2011-06-29_07-47-48_61.jpg

ETA: I wear it with a fitted jean jacket and gladiator sandals on weekends.

goldenpig
07-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I swear I'm just in this Boden thread to look at all the nice pictures of you guys! I'm NOT peeking at any of the clothing links ;). I already have plenty of nice new clothes from the Anniversary sale (says my conscience and my wallet).

AnnieW625, you look really cute in all the dresses, especially the middle one. The wrap style looks really good on you! LexyLou, you look great too, especially in the floral dress. It really shows off your nice figure! The tunic top looks fine on you, but I thought horizontal stripes are supposed to make people look larger (not that you do)? It looks too short to work on its own though. Arivecchi, you look very polished and professional in that outfit. I can't believe you guys (LexyLou and arivecchi etc) are complaining that you are too fat. You all look totally hot!

I just have one question. How do you guys wear such high heels? You all look fabulous but I wouldn't last 10 minutes in those suckers. I am on my feet and/or walking a good portion of the day at work and I don't know how to wear heels without killing my feet. Do you just get used to it? I have lots of skirts that I should wear more often but I don't like to wear pumps all day. I'm usually wearing Merrell Jungle Mocs or Dansko clogs with pants but they're pretty fugly. I have some flats, but they don't look as nice or professional as heels unfortunately. Sorry for the random tangent but I'm jealous of your nice shoes!

citymama
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
goldenpig, I'm glad you posted b/c I missed that Annie posted pics too! Annie, that Cosmo dress is a winner; if you're able to size down, do that, but otherwise keep the one you have! arivecchi, cute, cute tank dress, and you did some good shopping!

and goldenpig, i'm with you on the no-heels thing. i wear tevas or born sandals/mjs when i'm not in my nb trail runners! :rotflmao:totally comfort driven where my feet are concerned - come to think of it, where everything is concerned! sorry, dh, no high heels for this mama, although i envy those of you who can wear them.

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Goldenpig, thanks for the compliment but yeah, I need to lose a few lbs! :)

I am used to wearing high heeled shoes, so that is part of it. Some brands are comfier than others. Wedges are pretty easy to wear IMO. In the pic above, I am wearing UGG wedge sandals. I LOVE them and have a pair in a tan color as well. It's like walking on air.

Off to see Annie's pics. I just checked the last page, but yeah, LexyLou has a ridiculous body! So toned!

AnnieW625
07-29-2011, 02:19 PM
AnnieW625, you look really cute in all the dresses, especially the middle one. The wrap style looks really good on you! Arivecchi, you look very polished and professional in that outfit. I can't believe you guys (LexyLou and arivecchi etc) are complaining that you are too fat. You all look totally hot!

Thank you!

And I agree that Lexy, and Arivercchi don't need to lose any weight (and I have met Arivercchi in person, she looks just as skinny!)

I just have one question. How do you guys wear such high heels? You all look fabulous but I wouldn't last 10 minutes in those suckers. I am on my feet and/or walking a good portion of the day at work and I don't know how to wear heels without killing my feet. Do you just get used to it? I have lots of skirts that I should wear more often but I don't like to wear pumps all day. I'm usually wearing Merrell Jungle Mocs or Dansko clogs with pants but they're pretty fugly. I have some flats, but they don't look as nice or professional as heels unfortunately. Sorry for the random tangent but I'm jealous of your nice shoes!

I wear a lot of wedges and they are thankfully open toed. I have a few pairs of kitten closed toed heels and I like them and they are comfortable, but I much prefer open toed shoes. I only have one pair od 3" pumps that are closed toed and they are okay, but I much prefer open toed shoes. If I am not wearing a wedge or an open toed heel I am most likely wearing flats, Dansko clogs, boots, Doc Marten Maryjanes, or athetic shoes. I have very wide feet so comfort in shoes is a must for me. I work in a pretty business casual setting so I can wear pretty much any shoe, but I do like to look professional so I tend to wear dress shoes unless it is raining and then I'll wear the DMs or Danskos. I can't bring myself to buy a pair of Merrell Jungle Mocs, but I love Danskos, go figure:hysterical:.

Arivercchi, that dress does look great on you. Thanks for the inspiration with the blazer and the suede wedges.

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you Annie. I cannot find your pics! Where are they?

goldenpig
07-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you Annie. I cannot find your pics! Where are they?

In the OP (in attachments).

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Ok, found the pics Annie. I really like the wrap dress on you. Looks great. That dress is just fabulous. I love it. I think you should order more wrap dresses!

I do not love the cosmopolitan dress for some reason. I'm not sure why since I love the tank top version. If you have a short jacket to go with the other version, I would order that one instead. I think it's more flattering without the long sleeves.

elektra
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Ok, found the pics Annie. I really like the wrap dress on you. Looks great. That dress is just fabulous. I love it. I think you should order more wrap dresses!

Completely agree!

Globetrotter
07-29-2011, 02:41 PM
You all are killing me! I just placed an order, including leggings in my size (I think?) :D

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Here it is dressed down with a jean jacket.

goldenpig
07-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I think maybe the reason why the Cosmo dress isn't quite as flattering as the tank dress that A posted isn't so much the sleeves. It's because the tank dress has more of a defined waist. The Cosmo dress has an empire bodice but a very thin stripe under that and then billows out from there. Annie and Lexy look totally fine in it, but I think it kind of reminds me of a maternity dress in style. And it shortens the torso by having so much extra skirt but no waist. Probably a lot comfier than the tank dress (and I have a relatively big belly compared to my bust/hips so I'd probably need the extra room) but if you have a nice waist why not show it off!

citymama
07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Here it is dressed down with a jean jacket.

Super cute!

Athleta has a fabulous tank dress (http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50004&vid=1&pid=819782) similar to that which is on sale now. I tried it on at the store -- soo comfy and flattering. If I actually got the opportunity to wear tank dresses in this foggy town, I would totally get it.

Sigh, and I really thought I was done with the Boden sale (and Athleta sale). I have bought an insane amount of clothing this month, and almost none of it is going back!

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I think you nailed it goldenpig. I agree that they both look good in it, but I personally prefer the other style for the reasons you posted. :)

ETA: Lexylou, that floral dress looks stunning on you!

ETA2: Citymama, thank you for posting that link! Now I am wondering if the Boden dress can be worn with leggings like the athleta one. I could then use it in the fall as well which would be great.

citymama
07-29-2011, 03:05 PM
ETA2: Citymama, thank you for posting that link! Now I am wondering if the Boden dress can be worn with leggings like the athleta one. I could then use it in the fall as well which would be great.

ok, darnit, you talked me into getting it. such a tough arm to twist. :ROTFLMAO:

Tinochka
07-29-2011, 03:51 PM
My DH allowed me to spend add $$ on summer wardrobe, sadly, many of items have to go back. I think I should of ordered my regular size, I ordered bigger sizes based on reviews and they are big, some of them will fit, but I didn’t like the fabric. It is first time I am returning items (ordered for boys other times, never returned). I followed the instructions, went to the post office and left a parcel (forgot to ask if I should write my address)... I ordered a dress I liked in smaller size and saw the message that they recommend to REGISTER the parcel, which I didn’t...
So, now I am terrified if my parcel will get lost.. Did you register your parcel? How I can check if they received my items back and credited my account? How long does it take? (they are talking about up to 28 days)

citymama
07-29-2011, 04:02 PM
My DH allowed me to spend add $$ on summer wardrobe, sadly, many of items have to go back. I think I should of ordered my regular size, I ordered bigger sizes based on reviews and they are big, some of them will fit, but I didn’t like the fabric. It is first time I am returning items (ordered for boys other times, never returned). I followed the instructions, went to the post office and left a parcel (forgot to ask if I should write my address)... I ordered a dress I liked in smaller size and saw the message that they recommend to REGISTER the parcel, which I didn’t...
So, now I am terrified if my parcel will get lost.. Did you register your parcel? How I can check if they received my items back and credited my account? How long does it take? (they are talking about up to 28 days)

Sorry it didn't work out. I've returned many items to Boden and never had any trouble with it getting lost in the mail. I usually try and hang on to the other half of the free returns label just in case. (DO you think you still have it?) You can call them in about 10 days or 2 weeks to see if they've got your box, and they will let you know - they usually send an email to say they've received your return but that's often a week after they actually get it. Don't worry!

citymama
07-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Darn it. My bead embellished top just arrived and it's enormous on me (but cute!). I need it in a smaller size. Which, of course, is sold out in the print I love.

Weird aside, but the top smells of another person (body/perfume) - this is what happens when you shop at EOS and get returns. Eww!

elektra
07-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Darn it. My bead embellished top just arrived and it's enormous on me (but cute!). I need it in a smaller size. Which, of course, is sold out in the print I love.

Weird aside, but the top smells of another person (body/perfume) - this is what happens when you shop at EOS and get returns. Eww!

Oh no! I was concerned about this for you. (yes I did spend mental energy contemplating citymama's beaded top sizing! :tongue5:)
Mine is big too but it's still ok.
I got a perfumy dress towards the end too. Yuck! Although I loved it besides that so I am keeping it.

arivecchi
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
ok, darnit, you talked me into getting it. such a tough arm to twist. :ROTFLMAO::hysterical:

AnnieW625
07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I do not need to order again (this would order #5, I think! Gosh I love free shipping & free returns!), but that beaded top is cute, Elektra, what size did you get? I am thinking I might be able to get away with a 10. I love the green/blue one, but the blue/white one is nice too. Both available in my size!

citymama
07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh no! I was concerned about this for you. (yes I did spend mental energy contemplating citymama's beaded top sizing! :tongue5:)

Aww, that's nice of you! I just ordered the radish doodle in a 2; let's see how it works! I also got another Breton top in the blue sailor stripe, since I love it so much. Now I must stop!

ETA Annie, post a pic in the everyday jersey dress that you have raved about!

DrSally
07-31-2011, 12:31 AM

Yes, this has happened to me before at LE Canvas.

AnnieW625
08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Finally updating here.

What I kept:
http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH264_BLK.jpg http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH272_BRN.jpg http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WL578_BGR.jpg

For the black jersey dress I didn't really notice the darts too much and probably wouldn't have noticed them unless WTG hadn't mentioned them. Great dress!

I got the pleated trim top in the lime, and the pink. I already had it in graphite, and navy
What I didn't keep:
http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH274_NAV.jpg http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH272_PRP.jpg http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH272_DGY.jpg http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/11WSPR_WH246_BLU.jpg

The Cosmopolitan dress in the 10 was a great fit on the top, but a big tight through the hips and thighs and there was a tiny part underneath the pink trim that made me look a tiny bit pregnant. I do highly recommend sizing up on this if you are pregnant because it would be an awesome holiday dress!

The purple brush stroke dress colors were just all wrong.

The navajo dress was pretty in the colors, but I think it also ran a tad small and the print was pretty unflattering.

I loved the fit of the Riveria dress, but decided I would've preferred it in the brown polka dot, which of course is sold out. There are a lot of the blue floral dresses still in stock so others must have felt the same way I did.

Plus the $138 bill next month (plus another $25 for DD2) will look a lot better than the $375 everything else totalled out to be had I kept it.

Beth24
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Annie,
I love the black jersey dress. I bet it looks great on you.

staramama
08-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I've got the black jersey dress. LOVE it. Such a flattering neckline. I tried it in the plum color and really liked the color, but did find the seams on the bust more noticeable.

Yesterday the forget-me-not top arrived. Too big allover, and of course no smaller size available. Great light fabric, though. Do you think it's worth calling Boden, on the off chance there's a 4 knocking around the warehouse? I almost hate to bother them :P

Beth24
08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I've got the black jersey dress. LOVE it. Such a flattering neckline. I tried it in the plum color and really liked the color, but did find the seams on the bust more noticeable.

Yesterday the forget-me-not top arrived. Too big allover, and of course no smaller size available. Great light fabric, though. Do you think it's worth calling Boden, on the off chance there's a 4 knocking around the warehouse? I almost hate to bother them :P

You should totally call. There are a lot of people here who have gotten lucky when they called to ask about OOS stuff.

kevinsmama
08-07-2011, 04:43 PM
A few more packages of hits and misses (mostly the latter):

Bought the navy (blueberry) Easygoing Dress but it made me look super big, plus it was too long--the skirt hit at the biggest part of my calves. Went back right away. It was too bad b/c this would've been perfect to wear to work. My problem is that after DS2, my hip that was on the wide side to begin with, has gotten even wider!! My weight has gone back to that of pre-pregnancy era, but my figure has been severely altered, sigh... It's been REALLY difficult to look for dresses that work on my figure!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH268-DBL/Womens-Blueberry-Easygoing-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

Also tried the Spring Shift (natural poppy)--it was too tight around the arms (couldn't lift up my arms fully) and the ribcage. DH said the pattern looked nice on me (which I wasn't entirely convinced about... I'm really not into bold patterns) so I'm wondering if I should size up...
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH248-NAT/Womens-Natural-Poppy-Love-Spring-Shift.html?NavGroupID=4

The Navy Beaded Fun Dress would've been great for work too but did nothing to my pear shape body. Made the bottom part look super wide and big. The skirt length was also too long, stopping at the most unflattering part of my legs (I'm 5'7" and ordered the long version--regular length would've been too short).
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH257-NAV/Womens-Navy-Beaded-Fun-Dress.html

I really, really wanted the Shamrock Peony Notch Neck Shift to work b/c I just LOVE this pattern (and it was indeed a beautiful fabric!) but it was too tight all around and too short. I guess I could try sizing up, but I'm not sure even if I did size up it'd be comfortable enough to wear. The next size is OOS right now anyway. I might give it another try if the next size pops up again later.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH249-BGN/Womens-Shamrock-Peony-Notch-Neck-Shift.html

I think I'm keeping the blue spot Riviera Dress--very comfy. But it's definitely too casual for work (even with a cardigan). LOVE the polkadots though!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH246-PBL/Womens-China-Blue-Small-Spot-Riviera-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

I also bought the Red Peony Shopper and it's a wonderful bag! It's really roomy and today I could fit: 2 boxes of baked goodies (apple strudels to be exact, LOL), a folding umbrella, cell phone, wallet, 2 kids' hats and rain jackets, digital camera and 2 water bottles. I think I can even use this as a diaper bag for short trips! What a steal for $25. Got lots of compliments on it just today alone.

arivecchi
08-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Hit:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Coats/WE284-YEL/Womens-Sunshine-Rainyday-Duffle.html?NavGroupID=2

I got it in fudge.

Miss: boyfriend jeans.

nupe
08-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Did anyone get the linen/cotton embroidered kaftan?

This one:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WA310-YEL/Womens-Corn-Embroidered-Kaftan.html

I usually wear an 8 in boden, but reading reviews I went with a 6 in corn. It was too small. I reordered the 8 in a few colors, waiting for the corn to come back in stock. The first 8 I got was turquoise, and it fit fine, like an 8 should. Then I got the corn in 8, and it fit like a 4! I'm wondering if it was laundered! I called CS and they really didn't want to speculate, about if it had been laundered or not. No good explanation really. I got the usual, wash in cold and don't dry if you don't want it to shrink, but it still might shrink a little you know since it's cotton etc. I don't want to size up too much then the shoulders will be way off. And to make it more confusing, they changed up the fabric mid season on this style!

Writing this post, it sounds like I need to just return all of them! (I'm still waiting for the heather tunic.) I guess if I am in doubt, i should just return them. But still wondering if anyone bought/washed this style of tunic and how has it held up as far as size, after laundering.

citymama
08-21-2011, 02:33 AM
I got a perfumy dress towards the end too. Yuck! Although I loved it besides that so I am keeping it.

Elektra, the smaller size was too big on me as well - not at all flattering. It's going back. A definite miss for me. But there's no summer to speak of here, and I'm back from Kauai, so I'm ok with it! Honestly, with our year-round Fall like climate, I should stick to buying Fall.

elektra
08-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Elektra, the smaller size was too big on me as well - not at all flattering. It's going back. A definite miss for me. But there's no summer to speak of here, and I'm back from Kauai, so I'm ok with it! Honestly, with our year-round Fall like climate, I should stick to buying Fall.

Oh well! What is funny about that shirt for me is that my DH loves it! It was a keeper for me but I didn't LOVE love it, it was just "nice", especially because it is a little big on my too.

All of my SF friends have been complaining about the weather too. Hope Kauai was great. :)