PDA

View Full Version : Border officially going out of business.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-21-2011, 03:25 AM
I was at borders today with a friend and the cafe gal told us the word came down monday morning that the 15% off starts friday morning. DD1 has a gift card we need to use up. I'm gonna miss that store a lot. Shoot.

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/07/18/its-almost-official-borders-is-dead/

amldaley
07-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Yeah, it was in the news a few days ago that their investors pulled out - they just could not make the deal work.

Our stores here have all been closed for ages already though.

daisymommy
07-21-2011, 07:31 AM
:gloomy: I adore books. Borders is the only bookstore for 30 minutes around. Shopping online on Amazon for books is not even close to walking through a big beautiful bookstore for new treasures. I love to sit down with a cup of coffee and a stack of books...at night after the children are in bed (and DH is home). That's my place to hide alone! Now what will I do :(

sarahsthreads
07-21-2011, 08:04 AM
I am unreasonably sad about this. The only bookstore "nearby" will be the monstrously huge Barnes & Noble about 25 minutes from here. And I far prefer our little local Borders.

I'm also absolutely dreading telling DD1. She is going to be devastated! It is hands down her favorite store. :cry:

Sarah

swissair81
07-21-2011, 09:01 AM
I love Borders. We have a smaller one, and a big gorgeous one with a cafe. I'm going to miss them. We have a Barnes and Noble too, but it's not the same.