PDA

View Full Version : Remind me about tipping...

elizabethkott
07-21-2011, 09:24 AM
It's been a while since I've had a cut and color at a salon (think like...almost a year - :bag: ) and I'm going this morning.
What do you tip the:
person who cuts
person who washes
person who colors
and is it different if the cut/color person is the same?

A1icia
07-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Currently I tip 20% for the cut and color (same person) and $5 to the person who washes my hair. But I really like them!

Many, many years ago I went to a place where 4 different people worked on my hair - and I allocated the 20% between the cut and color and gave $2-3 each to the washer and dryer.

AnnieW625
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't get hair color so I don't have to worry about that. If my stylist happens to be running late on a cut/color I have had an intern wash and blow dry my hair before. I have given her $2. It doesn't happen often and honestly if it did I'd probably find another hair salon, but that's just me. I hate complicated hair salons.

Pinky
07-21-2011, 10:47 AM
So, is 20% the common tipping amount for haircuts? I don't think I realized it was that much. (I try to be a good tipper)

wellyes
07-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I give 20%-25% for a cut.

I never tip the washer, if there is one. I figured it was like restaurants where the main person receiving the tip shares with his helpers (as waiters do with bussers and dishwashers). I guess I'm wrong :bag