PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do do you prefer to be cold or hot?

arivecchi
07-21-2011, 10:56 AM
This heat wave is just awful. I grew up in Puerto Rico, where it was always hot and let me tell you, it sucks. People are surprised that I now live in Chicago and don't mind the winters here. I've seen the alternative and for me, it's a clear choice. I'd rather wear my super warm winter coat, uggs boots and gloves and brave below zero temps than deal with this gross nasty 100 degree heat.

I'm talking about the extremes here. Not 30 degree cold weather or hot weather in the 80s.

Poll coming.

Kindra178
07-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I guess I just prefer a more temperate area. I need to move to SF. I complain in the winter here (as an ex NY-er/East Coaster everyone complains about the cold) but today SUCKS. Prior to kids, I would have said give me the winter any day. I love winter clothes. But at least today, we will go swimming, so it's something to do as opposed to being stuck in a house.

BabyBearsMom
07-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't mind dry heat at all. I was in Vegas in July a few years ago and it was great. But compared to hot humid summers, I would take cold winter (as long as there isn't much snow) any day of the week. I also love winter clothes, and snuggling up under blankets, so I am biased towards winter.

arivecchi
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
The summer heat here is not humid at all. Now the Caribbean really is humid. Here, it just feels like I walk into a furnace. Disgusting. How can people deal with this in places like Texas, Nevada, etc.?

♥ms.pacman♥
07-21-2011, 11:03 AM
i prefer to be cold, hands down. at least you can bundle up and wear stylish peacoats and scarves and such. an indoors you can drink lots of soup or hot chocolate. with the heat, there is really nothing you can do except turn up the AC and stay indoors. i tend to lose my appetite in the summer, i am just so miserable.

needless to say i am sooo hating this weather. i didn't know it was a heat wave going on, it seems like it's like this every summer here all the time. this morning at 6:05am here DD was up and so i decided to go take her for a walk while DH and DS were still in bed. outside it was already 80 degrees, feels like temp of 83 (was somewhat muggy). At freaking 6 in the morning!!

i so would rather have cold weather than hot. when i lived in boston, i could jog for 12 miles in 40 deg pouring rain, or 16 miles in 8 degrees (with a facemask and gloves, i' was all good). but when it's 100+ degrees outside, that's when i throw in the towel. i don't even want to venture out period. i see people here out jogging during lunchtime and i don't get it all..you couldn't pay me to do that.

and yeah, i'm another one who needs to move to SF. i grew up in the area and i think i got pretty spoiled by the weather.

AnnieW625
07-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I would rather be cold than hot, but since I grew up with dry heat I can handle the heat pretty well, except when it's humid. Our house doesn't have central air and we really don't need it, but we do have window units, but only use those when it's 90+ and humid outside. I am a humidity wimp I know as soon as the humidity tops 30% unless it's raining I get cranky. I know for sure I couldn't live anywhere where it's humid without AC. I didn't understand Nike Drifit clothes until I went to DC in June.

I live in California, so that's how I voted. I do prefer four seasons though, and unfortunately I miss that living in So Cal.

boolady
07-21-2011, 11:15 AM
If we're talking about the extremes, I would always rather it be cold. I hate the dog days of summer when it's really too hot to even be outside. I gladly bundle up and go outside when it's cold, but I hate sweating and being red and feeling disgusting when it's 95 degrees.

Corie
07-21-2011, 11:17 AM
How can people deal with this in places like Texas, Nevada, etc.?

The heat is why I HATED Texas!! I cannot stand the heat.
I melt like a popsicle. I feel like a lump and my brain ceases
to properly function. Seriously. I'm a total loser in the heat.

sarahsthreads
07-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Totally prefer the cold.

I have always preferred cold to hot. I think I need to move somewhere even more cold. I would take snow 10 months out of the year if I could avoid temperatures above 75! The sucky bit is we could potentially have snow 10 months out of the year where I do live, but the other 2 months are outrageously hot and humid.

But I wonder if you posted this in the dead of winter if you'd get the same results? ;) (From me, you definitely would!)

Sarah :)

crl
07-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, I do live in CA, SF in fact. But I voted cold. I am not from CA and I miss the seasons!

Catherine

khalloc
07-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I live in Vermont. I would much rather be hot than cold. I like to enjoy what little hot weather I get each year up here.

MaiseyDog
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I will pick hot every time. I HATE the cold. Being cold is just painful- my ears hurt, my finger hurt, my toes hurt, the tip of my nose hurts. I may be sticky and sweaty being hot, but nothing hurts. I'll also go out on a limb and say that I prefer humid heat to dry heat. Dry heat just sucks all the moisture out of my body until my skin and lips are just cracked bleeding messes.

mommylamb
07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I hate the cold. I hate feeling cold. I hate the cold wind. I hate snow. I hate ice. I hate winter. I hate when it gets dark at 4 pm. I hate wearing bulky clothes. I hate freaking out about driving home in the snow and whether I'll make it to daycare in time. I hate shoveling. I hate slipping. I hate the feeling when you get wet from the snow. Ick.

You get the picture.

Of course, I'm not a huge fan of the insanely hot weather we're having right now. Tomorrow with the heat index it will be 116 here. But, I'm perfectly comfortable when it's in the low 90s, and I'd take the heat over the cold any day. I don't even terribly mind the humidity. I love the long days. I love summer clothes, especially sandals. I love the beach. Now, don't get me wrong, I love air conditioning too. But, overall, I much prefer the heat to the cold.

ABO Mama
07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
We're in the part of CA that does get snow in the winter, and 100+ in the summer (although this summer has been pretty mild), and I greatly prefer the cold!

kijip
07-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I live in Seattle to avoid it all. It rarely seems to go below 35-40 or above 80. But if I had to choose freezing awful icy snowy zero degree winter or 100+ heat, I guess I would just stay inside in the cold. I agree with Corie, my brain ceases to work at a certain point of hot weather. I find it easier to warm up than to cool down. Honestly though, the moderate weather is one reason I love Seattle. No extremes for me please!

TwinFoxes
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
People are surprised that I now live in Chicago and don't mind the winters here.

People like me? I think you're fibbing, 'fess up, you're from Fairbanks, right? :)

I'll take hot any day. You don't have to shovel heat. I'm California girl, and I love my cute sundresses, wearing sandals year 'round (rockin' a cute pedicure), and being able to wear cute tops. The only Uggs I used to see were worn with mini skirts. Then I moved here. Stupid winter with sweaters that make me look like a linebacker and boots that hide my tootsies. Plus, let's talk hat-hair. Ugh.

I'm not a big fan of days like today here in NoVa (hot, humid, heat index of 106) but it's better than anything that involves the word "wind chill".

almostmom
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
I definitely prefer the heat. I hate being cold, bracing myself all day long to fight the cold, though I am better now at wearing the right clothes so I can handle it. But I love the summer, the humid air surrounding me so no need to brace for cold. I don't even like AC, though on a day like today I'll take it. I just like walking around in a tank and gouchos, drinking a glass of wine, feeling the heat around my body, even sweating. I do also like dry heat, but something about humidity makes me feel good, most of the time. Especially if I can enjoy it in some shade! Of course, now I'm in my AC office all day...

elektra
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Well I do live in CA as you know ;). But I voted hot! I have loved my river vacations, where you just sit at the side of the river/lake in a lawn chair, drinking a beer, with the thermometer at 110+. I love steam rooms and saunas.
It takes me forever to get into a pool because they always feel so cold to me, and I usually end up in the jacuzzi.
And I despise being cold. I do snowboard but I just hate being cold, and all the gear.
I do get uncomfortable in 90+ heat but I much prefer it to the cold.

bostonsmama
07-21-2011, 12:28 PM
No....see...the planet will usually never get hot enough to kill you (so long as you have access to water). You can die from exposure in the 70s, though, if you're not dressed warm enough (water or not). I used to live in Germany where the cold seemed to suck the life out of you and you didn't want to do anything...really packed on the weight. It was a bone-numbing cold, and at least for me, once I get cold, it's almost impossible to take the chill out, even if I bundle up. I literally have to be 10 inches from our open fireplace to get warm these days.

I used to think being hot was awful, but I CRAVE warmth now. As long as I have A/C, heat doesn't bother me. As long as I have shade or access to water, the summer isn't so awful...and it is routinely 90degrees w/ 80% humidity in my neck. You acclimate.

mackmama
07-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I definitely prefer the cold. I get warm pretty easily and can't stand super hot temps or humidity.

JamiMac
07-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I would take the heat too. I would prefer to live back in California for the year-round nice weather. You do pay for that weather though. ;) Texas doesn't bother me at all. We're in the Dallas area and it's definitely hot, but really only for 3 months. The other 9 months make it totally worth it. It's hot everywhere this year though, it seems. I don't like high humidity. The nice thing about here is the humidity does drop when the super high heat shows up.

bubbaray
07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I voted cold, but I meant more "cold temps at the office vs insanely hot office temps". In terms of outside environment, I much prefer HOT. DH is the polar opposite.

FWIW, there was a news piece last night here saying that in Japan, they set their office temps at 28C (~83F). That is INSANE. I would melt. I'd way rather wear a sweater or shawl in the office rather than my bikini (LOL, J/K!)

anamika
07-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I hate the cold. I hate feeling cold. I hate the cold wind. I hate snow. I hate ice. I hate winter. I hate when it gets dark at 4 pm. I hate wearing bulky clothes. I hate freaking out about driving home in the snow and whether I'll make it to daycare in time. I hate shoveling. I hate slipping. I hate the feeling when you get wet from the snow. Ick.

You get the picture.

Of course, I'm not a huge fan of the insanely hot weather we're having right now. Tomorrow with the heat index it will be 116 here. But, I'm perfectly comfortable when it's in the low 90s, and I'd take the heat over the cold any day. I don't even terribly mind the humidity. I love the long days. I love summer clothes, especially sandals. I love the beach. Now, don't get me wrong, I love air conditioning too. But, overall, I much prefer the heat to the cold.

:yeahthat: In winter I get backaches because I'm hunched over against the cold so much. We keep the house at 72 and I wear fleece, socks etc but it is just never enough. I'm cold, cold, cold. The floor is cold, I hate getting out of the shower, I hate the 2 min walk to and from the doors to the mall, house, work.
Heat however - I can deal with it and if you turn the AC on - it solves the problem completely! Unlike the heaters!!

arivecchi
07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Here's why I hate hot days like today:

Walk to the office - my bra and clothes are sweaty by the time I get to the office. My hair is a sweaty mess too. Ewwwwww.

Office: It's so hot out that they crank the AC all the way up. It's like the North Pole in here - but I have to dress for the outside weather. So I kinda freeze.

Lunch-time: I have to walk into the oven to get food and hopefully find a shady spot to melt in while I eat my lunch.

Commute home: Nothing better than being in a subway train full of sweaty stinky people.

Evening: Can't leave the house because I am a sweaty mess within 5 minutes of walking outside. The kids don't want to head out either because they are uncomfortable too.

Yes, I am a wuss in the heat. ;)

Blech. I hate it. So ready for fall! :tongue5:

theriviera
07-21-2011, 01:23 PM
If we're talking about the extremes, I would always rather it be cold. I hate the dog days of summer when it's really too hot to even be outside. I gladly bundle up and go outside when it's cold, but I hate sweating and being red and feeling disgusting when it's 95 degrees.

:yeahthat:

elektra
07-21-2011, 01:23 PM
I just read in Monocle magazine that Helsinki, Finland was voted "Most Livable" city in the world. So apparently others (whomever judged these cities) agree that the cold ain't such a big deal.
I disagree! Give me Honolulu (the top ranked US city) over Helsinki any day!

http://www.monocle.com/sections/affairs/Web-Articles/Most-liveable-city-Helsinki/

ETA: I just finished the 7 min video I linked to and the entire thing was filmed in the summer. Hmmmmmm. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark (or Finland)!

Puddy73
07-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I've lived in both extremes and I'd definitely choose hot. I hated having to bundle up in 5 layers just to walk outside.

A1icia
07-21-2011, 01:31 PM

You get the picture.

I completely agree with everything you said! Oh and I am also in the DC area - these last two winters were so misrable. Please let this year be better.

ilfaith
07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I would much rather be hot than cold (which is good, since I live in Florida).

I have Raynaud's... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon ...so the cold (not even extreme cold, as my fingers will start to blanch in the frozen food aisle at the supermarket) is actually painful for me...gloves and boots never gave enough protection. I also have exercise-induced asthma, and it's much worse in cold weather. It's easier for me to run in 90 degree heat than in temperatures in the upper 30s.

But I do love winter clothing. I miss bundling up in cozy sweater and I think winter coats, hats, and scarves are fabulous.

Of course 70s and low humidity would be perfect...but we can't all live in San Diego.

lizzywednesday
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I'd rather be cold because there's always another layer you can put on.

When it's hot out, there's a limit to how much you can take off.

That said, heat by itself makes me melt. Heat with humidity makes me sick.

Guess which we're having right now ...

AnnieW625
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
The only Uggs I used to see were worn with mini skirts

Seriously it was 70 and slightly breezy and a tad overcast one day last weekend and I seriously saw people wearing uggs and sweatshorts and my feet got hot just looking at them. I just don't get it. I don't own regular uggs, but slippers and I don't wear mine anytime past maybe late April, even in the mountains.

SnuggleBuggles
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I debated this this morning at the dentist. In the end I choose hot if I have to be outside. Why? Simpler to get dressed! Throw on some sandals, a summer dress and done. Not layers of clothes, coats, gear...too time consuming. But, otoh, it's hard to cool off if too hot but much easier to warm up if cold.

I don't like anything extreme.

Beth

Kaylee31
07-21-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm torn. My first instinct is that I prefer to be cold, but I love summer. So much more things to do outdoors (I'm not into winter sports). Sure I'm not a fan of humid, 100+ degree weather like today; but I can deal with it when I have access to AC & a pool. This is what I like about living in PA-- I like & appreciate each season. And when the weather of one starts to get to me, I remind myself it's only temporary.

scriptkitten
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Bring on the heat

I've lived in the northeast and Florida and i prefer the heat by a longshot

I prefer the fashion and the feeling of it. I admit tho, that heat in Florida is more tolerable than NYC and Boston heat. In Florida everything is a/c and you are either in cars or buildings. I was always freezing from indoor AC. In the northern cities you walk so you are "in it" more and older buildings have inadequate cooling.

eh613c
07-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I live in California which has pretty mild weather but I get hot easily. I prefer cold weather and bundle up. You can only strip so much when it's hot.

Melaine
07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I say I'd rather be hot in the dead of winter but around this time of year I start thinking being cold is really easier.

StantonHyde
07-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I can always put on more layers. There is no bad weather, just bad gear. on the other hand, there is a limit to how much I can take off and not get arrested!! (and still be hot anyway!)

I hate, hate, hate humidity. And I am truly thankful I no longer live in it. And I swear I never will again!

MontrealMum
07-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I'll take the cold any day, hands down. And I'd vote the same in the wintertime. As long as you have the right clothing/equipment, you're fine. But with the heat, you can only take so much off and then you're just stuck to the furniture :) I HATE being hot. Must be something genetic. Us nordic types are not bred for heat.

I have heard that the heat out west is different, that it's a "dry heat", but unfortunately I really haven't experienced that much, at least not in the height of summer. All I've ever had is the horrific, stick to the furniture, humidity that we get here in QC, and that they have in the midwest where I grew up. I'll guarantee you that it's about 5-10 degrees cooler outside where I live now, since I'm now on the water, than it is up in the city where the heat just radiates off the pavement and the buildings and there's no room for a breeze to build up, but even so, it's pretty nasty out there. And now I think I'm going to crawl into the fridge ;)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm actually preferring the heat this year. But I'm loving summer.No coats,hats,mittens and boots messing up the house. No school to be a slave to. Everyone's warm,my toes are warm,we go to the pool and science museum a LOT and fruit and veggies are fresh,in season and cheap. YEP, loving summer this year.

Oh, and it's light outside until 8pm. Much better than sunset at 4:30pm.

blondflava
07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Tough one!! I grew up in Europe in much more temperate climate, with fully defined 4 seasons, warm-to-hot summers (dry and with breeze very often), cool brisk autumn, cold winters and warm springs. Now, I live in NY area and we mostly get freezing and snowy and then hot humid and unbearable for the remainder of the year. I'm a little tired of it, always preferred hot weather to cold but the humid hellish summers here make me think twice (I still don't really like winter though!). I miss the seasons, we're in the middle of yet-another heat wave and I can't already wait till September when I'll be in Europe and can spend the day outdoors with DD without suffocating in the heat :(. Recently, all I've been able to do is drive to a pool or sprinklers for 2 hours and run back home.

janine
07-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I will take hot sticky weather any day over freezing bitter cold. I live in the NE and we've had some rough winters and nothing worse than waking up in the dark, fighting the elements to get to work, walk to the office with bitter wind and cold rain/ice in my face, and return home in the dark and shiver through the nights.

I don't love this hot weather, but it is not as demoralizing to me as bitter cold. I am now 7 months pregnant so it's even more challenging, but I'd STILL take the hot over cold.

TxCat
07-21-2011, 05:03 PM

You get the picture.

Huge, huge DITTO to all of the above! I don't love 100 degree temperatures, but I'll gladly take a summer of all 90s for 4 straight months over cold. When DH and I were dating and then engaged, he lived in Boston. Every freaking time I went to visit him, it snowed - April, October, whatever. It didn't matter, it was snowing. And it was nice for about an hour and then it would turn into that awfulness known as "wintry mix" - how I hate that stuff!!! And then if there was a blizzard - forget it. Stuck in the apartment and when you finally get out there is gray, muddy, slushiness everywhere. My clothes were always dirty and wet (there is no stylish way to keep the hems of your pants/jeans out of the nasty cold wetness on the streets. None. At all.)

Not only would my clothes always be dirty and wet due to the cold, gray slushiness of wintry mix, but I also never felt "cute" in serious winter clothes. Instead, I always felt like a big Stay-Puff Marshmallow - there were multiple layers - thermal underwear, 2 pairs of socks, then the shirt, then the sweater, then the jeans, then the coat, then the gloves, then the scarf, then the hat... I mean, seriously??? Contrast this with summer in Texas - skirts, dresses, sleeveless tops, cardigans for the air conditioning. So much cuter! And I don't feel like a marshmallow. :)

ETA: I forgot about the static electricity! Am I the only one who would have that problem in cold temperatures?! Ugh, that was awful, I'd get somewhere, peel off the outer layers of clothing, only to have static-y hair.

This thread is reminding me how much I don't like cold weather. Unless I'm vacationing to go skiing. Or to sit indoors in a warm cabin with a roaring fire and a hot toddy.

arivecchi
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Not only would my clothes always be dirty and wet due to the cold, gray slushiness of wintry mix, but I also never felt "cute" in serious winter clothes. You and I MUST go shopping for winter gear! I guarantee you will look fab! :loveeyes:

One huge advantage of cold weather = good hair! My hair constantly looks like cr@p in the summer heat!

arivecchi
07-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I can always put on more layers. There is no bad weather, just bad gear. on the other hand, there is a limit to how much I can take off and not get arrested!! (and still be hot anyway!):ROTFLMAO:

I getcha!

mommyp
07-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I live in California :)
But grew up in Canada, and in the extremes, I would definitely prefer it cold. I like to bundle up and drink hot chocolate and there is only so much clothing to take off, you know? I'm not good with heat once we get into the 90s and I really don't miss the humidity back east! Here it is always nice and when I want a little snow in the winter, we can drive there.

eta: Not having read all posts, I am clearly on the same wavelength as StantonHyde!

TxCat
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
You and I MUST go shopping for winter gear! I guarantee you will look fab! :loveeyes:

One huge advantage of cold weather = good hair! My hair constantly looks like cr@p in the summer heat!

If there is anyone I trust to find a way to look good in frigid temperatures, it would definitely be you! But, how do you avoid the Stay-Puff marshmallow look when dressing for temps below 30 degrees? I think 35-degrees is my cut-off for being able to still look stylish and appropriate for the weather - below that, the layers of frump start piling on.

arivecchi
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.ethical-hedonist.dreamhosters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/214-Hooded-Toscana-Cape-04-500px.jpghttp://www.ethical-hedonist.dreamhosters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/125-CS-Hooded-Toscana-Coat.jpg
http://images.saksfifthavenue.com/images/products/04/114/3469/0411434690703/0411434690703R__ASTL_300x400.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:popupwin('http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/include/Zoom.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446419663&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492821357&bmUID=j59n.ls',515, 700,'0411434690703');)http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=500&uid=2231864906

BayGirl2
07-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, I do live in CA, SF in fact. But I voted cold. I am not from CA and I miss the seasons!

Catherine

I'm in SF too. But I voted "I'm in CA". I grew up with the extremes and don't miss them (lake effect winters in Syracuse, NY; hot humid summers in Maryland). What I love about SF is that if I want to be hotter or colder or see the seasons I can drive there. Tahoe for the snow in the winter - but don't need to shovel my car every day. San Jose/Inland for the heat in the summer - but don't feel like I have to squeeze into shorts every day just to survive. I consider the great weather worth the cost of living here.

But if I had to choose, I'd go with colder. Rather be bundled up than totally exposed.

Cam&Clay
07-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Cold. I keep a sweater in my library. If I get cold, I put it on. You can only get but so naked if it's hot.

cuca_
07-21-2011, 06:57 PM
This heat wave is just awful. I grew up in Puerto Rico, where it was always hot and let me tell you, it sucks. People are surprised that I now live in Chicago and don't mind the winters here. I've seen the alternative and for me, it's a clear choice. I'd rather wear my super warm winter coat, uggs boots and gloves and brave below zero temps than deal with this gross nasty 100 degree heat.

I also grew up in PR and am the total opposite. I don't mind being to hot, but really despise the long cold winters in NY. Most people I know from PR, including my family, love the cold, though. I like winter fashion -- love the coats and the boots -- but could do with two months of it. 100 degree heat is not my favorite, but I would definitely take it over anything below 50!

I do agree with you, though, my hair looks much better in the winter than it does in the summer.

Tondi G
07-21-2011, 08:51 PM

You get the picture.

I voted I live in CA ... born and raised in So Cal. but I feel the exact same way as you do mama! I would rather try to deal with the heat than have to deal with COLD ... I don't like it when it rains and I have to be productive.... the back of my pants always end up wet and creep up... UUGH! I can't even imagine trying to deal with my kids, who fight putting on a simple hoodie, in endless cold/snowy weather!!!

TwinFoxes
07-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Arivecchi, those are cute...but with my boobs I look like a linebacker (or stay puf marshmallow) in parkas. I never want to button my coat because I look huge! As for that poncho, the only time my DH laughed at something I tried on, it was a poncho.

And did I not mention hat hair? :)

ETA: I do like poncho-girl's boots!

s7714
07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I live in SoCal, so I voted appropriately ;) , but I prefer cold weather over hot. I miss seasons, snow and cold weather. I get cranky with it gets hot here.

Snow mom
07-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I guess I should have voted other. I don't live in CA, but I did grow up there. I don't like being really hot or really cold. I believe 70-75 is perfect year round ;) I can probably tolerate 60-85. That's a non-answer.

fivi2
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Hate heat. Hate hate hate it. I think I have the summer version of seasonal affective disorder. I gain weight in summer, hide in my house and mope. But once fall shows up - I am happy!

But (big but) I have never lived anywhere with actual cold weather. I have visited some cold places in winter, but never lived there. So, I suppose a real winter might change my mind, but really, if I never saw another 90++ degree day I would be ecstatic. (I should probably move from Texas for that to happen...)

ZeeBaby
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
I love the heat! No complaints from me. If I need to cool off I get in the AC.

DrSally
07-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I used to way prefer being cold, but I've gotten colder as I get older, if that makes sense. In the winter, I'm freezing, and have to wear layers in the house, even if no one else is cold. My thyroid levels came back ok. So, I'm just loving the warm sun on my skin in the summer. I do take 2 quick showers daily though.