PDA

View Full Version : How much should a 14 month old be eating?

todzwife
07-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sure she's fine, but I'm curious. She's still nursing and getting 3 meals a day and at least 2 snacks but sometimes those "meals" are just a 1/2 scrambled egg w/ cheese or 1/4 of a sandwich.

She doesn't love cow's milk, but she'll sip it a little. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt.

Pinky
07-29-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm sure she's fine, but I'm curious. She's still nursing and getting 3 meals a day and at least 2 snacks but sometimes those "meals" are just a 1/2 scrambled egg w/ cheese or 1/4 of a sandwich.

She doesn't love cow's milk, but she'll sip it a little. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt.

I found a great article a few months ago that gave really good advice on serving sizes and balanced nutrition but I can't find it now... I did see this though which is a start:
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/serving-size-toddlers.shtml

I think as long as you are attempting 3 meals and 2 snacks and that they are somewhat balanced that you're doing fine. Some dairy, grains, fruit, veggies, protein etc. Also, someone gave me really good advice that you shouldn't focus on how well one specific meal was balanced but try to look at the overall picture for the week since toddler's appetites tend to go up and down.

Good luck!