PDA

View Full Version : Gift for homeschooled birthday child

twowhat?
07-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I need to shop for a birthday gift for a 3yo. Her mom plans on homeschooling so I thought the mom would appeciate something to help her with homeschooling...any ideas??

JTsMom
07-21-2011, 03:33 PM
It's hard to go wrong with books or art supplies. A gift card for B&N or Amazon would also be a good bet.

hellokitty
07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I think that anything that is open ended and/or creative play would be well appreciated. Such as building toys, imaginative toys. If you get books, get usborne books, homeschool families love them, the, "big book of things to spot" is awesome.

vonfirmath
07-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Bambino LUK!
This is what we are getting our son for his 4th birthday.
http://luklearningsystem.com/index.php?cPath=61

bubbaray
07-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Lucky Ducks? Sorry, couldn't resist....

I would buy a gift for the child instead of homeschooling supplies. JMHO.

KpbS
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd probably pick out something from Learning Express.

brittone2
07-21-2011, 05:48 PM
We HS but I would just get the child whatever gift you feel the little girl would like.

twowhat?
07-21-2011, 05:59 PM

I definitely agree with this - was hoping to kind of kill 2 birds with one stone (something she would like as well as something useful to the parents) since they live in a tiny house with no real room for extra clutter.

The Usborne books look great! I'll look into those. And I know she loves art so I might combine books with art supplies.

hellokitty
07-21-2011, 06:12 PM
I definitely agree with this - was hoping to kind of kill 2 birds with one stone (something she would like as well as something useful to the parents) since they live in a tiny house with no real room for extra clutter.

The Usborne books look great! I'll look into those. And I know she loves art so I might combine books with art supplies.

If you want to do a good book combo with the art supplies, I would recomend the usborne big book of playtime activities. It is PERFECT for preschool aged kids with lots of arts and craft ideas, which will pair well with art supplies. :)

Raidra
07-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Yeah, a 3 year old isn't really homeschooling. Books and craft supplies sound good to me. That's what we asked for Fiona when she turned 3.