PDA

View Full Version : good sunscreen for us darker skinned girls

m448
07-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Someone posted a while back about being frustrated finding an effective facial sunscree without a white cast, decent skindeep rating and won't break you out. I may have found one - kiss my face face factor spf30.

Decent score on ewg, made Paula begoun's list for one of the better moisturizers with spf and according to reviews on the web doesn't leave a white cast once absorbed. I just bought tube today and thought I'd share.

TwinFoxes
07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. :) I've been using Alba, and it's pretty good, and super cheap at our local grocery store. It starts off whitish, but absorbs fairly quickly. But I'm always looking for other options, so I'll definitely investigate KMF.

m448
07-21-2011, 06:11 PM
oh and since it's probably helpful I have oily skin that is a little more normal/oily as i get older (read:wrinkles). last week I bought some avalon organic vit. c skincare products that have been working well too with decent ewg scores and not pricey at vitacost. although Paula isn't a fan due to eos but I'm okay with that. ;)

nice to know about the alba

hellokitty
07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm darker skinned as well and have really liked alba so far as spf.

mezzona
07-21-2011, 08:00 PM
thanks for sharing. will keep that in mind. I'm using burnout clean and clear zinc sunscreen for face. SPF 30. totally clear. 1 on EWG. but it's not local, had to ship. I've seen the kmf one. thanks for the rec.

DrSally
07-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. Where did you find it. I need all those things, but I can't have anything other than zinc oxide/titanium dioxide in it. I'm allergic to other sunscreens (except Avebenzone). I find that the physical blocks break me out though.

citymama
07-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Ooh, thanks. I've been using the kids' SPF 18 CA Baby (when I remember to use sunscreen :bag). Do you get the KMF and Alba at WF?

LexyLou
07-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Could you use this on a child? My DD1 has super dark skin but she's also very sensitive and breaks out in rashes from most sunscreens.

calv
07-22-2011, 07:55 AM
blue lizzard baby. haven't had any problems w/a rash and we're a eczema prone family

m448
07-22-2011, 08:14 AM
I bought this tube at wholefoods bit it's on vitacost, herb, amazon, etc. I saw the alba there too citymama.

I would use something else on my kids. 1) 3 of my kids are not dark skinned so the white cast isn't noticeable from the other sunscreens and the one that has my skintone is too young to care ;) plus this is only a 2oz tube which is fine for daily facial use but too little for a body product. but as far as formula safety it's a 3 and sorry really but this one has a combo of the chemical and physical blocks. however I've been using chemical blocks on my face since I was a teenager because of the white cast thing.