PDA

View Full Version : How pitiful is this?

Cam&Clay
07-21-2011, 09:37 PM
DS2 was absolutely obnoxious today. I took him to see Winnie the Pooh so we could get out of the house while the cleaning people were here. He threw a complete fit when it was time to leave. There was another fit afterwards at the post office. All I had to do was mail a letter and pick up our mail from vacation.

Then, DH came home in a bad mood and with bad news about his deployment.

So, desperate for a moment alone, I used the excuse after dinner that I had to pick up XH's mail (could've done it today but the fits made me want to come home). I went to XH's apartment, got his mail, went to the Chick-fil-A drive thru for a chocolate milkshake and sat in my van and looked at a cool catalog I found in XH's mail. Just to be alone with my thoughts...

Pretty pitiful, huh? At least I felt a little better afterward.

crl
07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Oh God, not nearly as pitiful as my escapes to "go to the bathroom" when I really just veg for five minutes.

Catherine

LMPC
07-21-2011, 09:41 PM
I find reasons to head to WF for that milk I "forgot" just to get out of the house for a half hour...jeez, I hope it's not pitiful because I thought I was being creative LOL!

toby
07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Yay for you for creatively finding a tiny moment for yourself. My treat is sometimes Starbucks and then grocery shopping in peace!

wencit
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't think it's pitiful at all! I think it's pretty darn ingenious and actually kind of wish I had thought of that on my own...

DrSally
07-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Hey, eating Fast food/ice cream in my van alone is a real break. Sometimes I'll get it and sit in the garage in the van for a minute to finish before coming in. When they know I'm here, everyone opend the back door and starts clamoring for me--I just want to eat my burger in the van in peace!

almostamom
07-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Not pitiful at all......BRILLIANT!!!