PDA

View Full Version : cami under blouse=hot!

DrSally
07-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I have some great breezy gauzy cotton tops from ON. Nice and breezy/cool, right? Not with a nylon cami underneith, sweat city! I like the nylon ones b/c they're sleeker/not as bunchy/thick as a cotton cami. But, man, does that poly ever trap heat!

ahrimie
07-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Jcrew used to make a nice thin cotton cami with built-in shelf bra that I LOVED. I used it as my nursing tank after I lost all the baby weight. But sadly, looks like it's no longer in production :(

TxCat
07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Jcrew used to make a nice thin cotton cami with built-in shelf bra that I LOVED. I used it as my nursing tank after I lost all the baby weight. But sadly, looks like it's no longer in production :(

Is it this one?

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/knitstees/tanksandcamis/PRDOVR~27359/27359.jsp

I have the one without the built-in bra and LOVE it! Super soft, thin, comfortable, and does not trap heat!

ahrimie
07-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Is it this one?

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/knitstees/tanksandcamis/PRDOVR~27359/27359.jsp

I have the one without the built-in bra and LOVE it! Super soft, thin, comfortable, and does not trap heat!

No.. :( before, it had adjustable straps that were really thin. But I'm curious as to how these are. I have the regular perfect tanks but the straps are a tad long on me as I have pretty narrow shoulders.

DrSally
07-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I really can't do the shelf bra thing, I have to wear a regular bra and cami on top of that.

LMPC
07-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I gotta tell you, I have on a cotton cami underneath a cool Boden top today and I am still hot....and I'm in my office...AND the A/C is on. Don't.even.want.to.think.about.how.hot.it.is.outsi de.....[melting away]

mezzona
07-22-2011, 04:06 PM
target has thin, stretchy, non-see-through camis. made by mossimo. i believe 95% cotton, 5% spandex. no shelf bra. really comfy. i have 2 of them. they're great. i use them under dresses with low necklines. hth!

DrSally
07-22-2011, 05:05 PM
target has thin, stretchy, non-see-through camis. made by mossimo. i believe 95% cotton, 5% spandex. no shelf bra. really comfy. i have 2 of them. they're great. i use them under dresses with low necklines. hth!

THanks! I'll have to check them out. I was juuust there. Are they spaghetti strap? I don't recall seeing them, but I wasn't looking.

mezzona
07-22-2011, 05:36 PM
yes spaghetti strap and adjustable!

mezzona
07-23-2011, 04:01 AM
oops they are Merona, not mossimo and it is specifically called "the ultimate cami"

DrSally
07-23-2011, 02:26 PM
oops they are Merona, not mossimo and it is specifically called "the ultimate cami"

Thanks! It's on my list. I hope cotton would be cooler, but who knows, maybe the close fitting thing just traps heat, period (like pp said).

ETA: In the clothing, not the lingere, right?

Zansu
07-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Costco has nice ones that I can wear year round.

mezzona
07-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks! It's on my list. I hope cotton would be cooler, but who knows, maybe the close fitting thing just traps heat, period (like pp said).

ETA: In the clothing, not the lingere, right?

when i bought them, they were in clothing at the b&m target. i found it online and it says not available in store. hope you find them though.

ellies mom
07-24-2011, 04:31 AM
I found the ones at Target this week. They are kind of hidden along the back wall. You really have to hunt for them. I have a black one that I just love.

The Costco ones have shelf bras built-in. They come in two packs. Unfortunately, I can't do the built-in bra ones because they give me a bit of an udder look. Just not really the look I'm going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabbyO
07-24-2011, 07:18 AM
If you have a VanHeusen near you...I really like their cami's. I think they're a 95/5 blend, too. Super cute. My DH gets coupons from them all the time and then takes me to the outlet mall so HE can shop like a girl! :) He loves their clothes (and they fit him). I almost always find something I like, too. Their cami's are super comfy & cute...no shelf bra, though.

crl
07-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Silk is a lot cooler than poly. Might be another option.

http://www.wintersilks.com/products.aspx?BRANCH=3~25~&PAGE=99999

Catherine