PDA

View Full Version : Would you put this on a 15 month old?

crl
07-21-2011, 11:52 PM
For daytime wear?

http://www.diapers.com/p/Kicky-Pants-Print-Coverall-Lotus-Orchid-Stripe-90855

Catherine

BayGirl2
07-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I like the romper/one piece look. And I'm ok with that look until about 2 or 3. After that I think it gets constraining. At 15 months they are totally cute.

On vacation I recently put a little bubble/romper on DS (2 yo). It was a year old but still fit. He looked adorable, even though he was all long legs and arms in it now.

Uno-Mom
07-22-2011, 12:21 AM
With the stripes it looks like pjs to me. At least for a toddler. But with shoes it might look different. Cute, though.

keh602
07-22-2011, 12:36 AM
It does look a little like pjs, but it also looks really comfy. It's adorable! I would dress a 15 month old in it. I dress my kids in rompers for as long as possible though. :)

rin
07-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah, looks like pjs to me. I probably wouldn't put it on my 14.5 month old DD during the day, but I totally would at night. That said, DD often spends a lot of her time at home wearing nothing but a diaper these days, so you might not want to take my toddler fashion advice too seriously! ;)

ETA: The snap-close butt flap definitely adds to the pj look for me.

citymama
07-22-2011, 01:06 AM
We got the solid orchid version of this as a gift. I like Kicky Pants but wouldn't buy it myself, esp for where we live - it is very lightweight. Great when you want arms and legs covered in lightweight fabric but very thin for cold summers. It looks adorable though - we have the 2 piece PJs too and we get a lot of use out of both. But I am ok taking my toddler out in pjs, or rompers that look like pjs!

sunnyside
07-22-2011, 02:07 AM
I think it's adorable.

I personally wouldn't put it on a 15 month old during the day, but I am really picky about clothes LOL. I have several of those Kicky Pants rompers and they are perfect PJs around here! I don't think there is anything wrong with it though, I just love to dress up my DD.

TwinFoxes
07-22-2011, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't, because those look too much like (cute) PJs for my taste. I do like rompers in general, I think they're sweet.

ThreeofUs
07-22-2011, 07:00 AM
I think they're cute and wouldn't care if it looked a little like PJs. Most comfy toddler clothes look a little like PJs, imho.

That said, my two kids couldn't wear this type of thing - the bottom of the leg would ride up on them and get stuck above their knees.

crl
07-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks you all! I am trying to repeat to myself that dd does not need clothes. It is just tempting because she has recently stuck her hand down her diaper (yuck!) and I am tired of wrestling her into a onsie, pants and a t-shirt. A couple of rompers would be a welcome break from that.

Catherine