PDA

View Full Version : Sears KidVantage program and LE slim boy pants

WatchingThemGrow
07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
So...I've heard about the program, briefly. I've been shopping LE for years. Enrolling this year was going to be my plan.

However, my DSs needs slim pants and they don't sell them in store. If I enroll in the program and order pants through the kiosk, does that count for the kidvantage program? Would they be replaceable if they weren't purchased in the store vs. on the computer?

cuca_
07-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't really know the answer to your question. However, just wanted to point out that the 15% discount does not apply to Lands End merchandise. Also, I don't think you need the wear out guarantee for the Lands' End pants, as Lands' End guarantees their merchandise no matter what, so you should be able to return worn out pants for a new pair even if you are not a Kidvantage member.

ciw
07-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Unless the policy has changed, I'm pretty sure KidVantage doesn't apply to Land's End items sold at Sears.

ETA: But as Cuca said, Land's End has a great return policy on its own.

chozen
07-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Unless the policy has changed, I'm pretty sure KidVantage doesn't apply to Land's End items sold at Sears.

ETA: But as Cuca said, Land's End has a great return policy on its own.

this is how it was when i last worked there in 2007.

wimama
07-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't really know the answer to your question. However, just wanted to point out that the 15% discount does not apply to Lands End merchandise. Also, I don't think you need the wear out guarantee for the Lands' End pants, as Lands' End guarantees their merchandise no matter what, so you should be able to return worn out pants for a new pair even if you are not a Kidvantage member.

Would Lands End even take back pants with worn out knees? That would be awesome.

justlearning
07-22-2011, 11:05 PM
I have always bought DS's uniform pants from LE because they fit him well. Every year he has gotten a hole in his knees--once, he did it on the first day of wearing a pair.

But I've only returned one pair because in that case the fabric did seem to be flawed. He had only worn them a few times and the fabric was tearing apart, not due to kneeling or falling on the ground.

In the other cases, though, I have never asked them to return them because I felt like it's his fault rather than LE's fault that the holes occurred because he fell down or knelt on the ground in them.

Do you think that I should return them when this happens? If so, should I still return all his pairs from last year (4, I believe) with holes? WWYD? (In past years, I've given the pants away, thinking that a more motivated mom than me might cut them off to make shorts.)

I'm considering trying to buy his uniform pants at Sears this year because of their policy.

WatchingThemGrow
07-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Hmmm...I don't know about returning them. I'd call and ask. I'm bracing myself for having to buy all new pants for DS2 after DS1 wears them.

crl
07-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Would Lands End even take back pants with worn out knees? That would be awesome.

Yes. They absolutely will. Now, I have never returned ds's because the LE climber pants last longer than any other pants before ds wears a hole in the knees. So I can't honestly say I am dissatisfied, yk? But if you are dissatisfied for any reason, LE will accept the return.

Catherine

ett
07-23-2011, 01:30 AM
KidVantage does not apply to LE items. Lands End would take back anything, but I wouldn't return them if my DS got a lot of use out of the pants.

WatchingThemGrow
07-23-2011, 06:48 AM
KidVantage does not apply to LE items. Lands End would take back anything, but I wouldn't return them if my DS got a lot of use out of the pants.
So...what's our marker for "a lot of use?" I don't want to fly through pants, but I want the BBB standard of "it's okay to return when they've been worn __ of times and they develop a hole." Maybe I've hit on an untapped question on the BBB....oooh, cool.

DietCokeLover
07-23-2011, 08:18 AM
So...I've heard about the program, briefly. I've been shopping LE for years. Enrolling this year was going to be my plan.

However, my DSs needs slim pants and they don't sell them in store. If I enroll in the program and order pants through the kiosk, does that count for the kidvantage program? Would they be replaceable if they weren't purchased in the store vs. on the computer?

It's my understanding that the program applies to the Sears brand jeans.

crl
07-23-2011, 10:23 AM
So...what's our marker for "a lot of use?" I don't want to fly through pants, but I want the BBB standard of "it's okay to return when they've been worn __ of times and they develop a hole." Maybe I've hit on an untapped question on the BBB....oooh, cool.

Well, I don't have that exactly in my mind. But I figure I pay about twice as much for the LE climber pants as I pay for other pants for ds. And they have lasted three to six times longer. So I can't see where I have any reason to complain or send them back. They work out to a better value than any other pants I have tried after all.

Catherine

wimama
07-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes. They absolutely will. Now, I have never returned ds's because the LE climber pants last longer than any other pants before ds wears a hole in the knees. So I can't honestly say I am dissatisfied, yk? But if you are dissatisfied for any reason, LE will accept the return.

Catherine

I bought my DS 6 pairs of non-reinforced knee LE uniform pants this year on clearance for around $11 each. I am expected him to put holes in most of those by spring and to have to purchase new pants in the spring. But their new uniform pants they are saying have "Iron Knees", I might be tempted to return the "Iron Knee" pants if they wear out too fast. I would expect "Iron Knee" pants to make it through a school year, if they are going to describe them like that. YKWIM?

missym
07-24-2011, 11:43 AM
It's my understanding that the program applies to the Sears brand jeans.

I know the OP's question in regards to Lands End has been answered, but I wanted to clarify this. Kidvantage applies to any purchase made at Sears stores in sizes infant to 20 for clothing and shoes to girls' size 4 and boys' size 6 (not including LE since those are covered by a separate warranty). Purchases made at the kiosk for home delivery wouldn't count.

http://www.mysears.com/kidvantage/

Exchanges are easier with Sears brands because they will do those without a receipt. But Levi's, etc. are covered, as well.