PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on next shoes to get for 15 month old girl

cutlerj
07-22-2011, 09:15 AM
My daughter just turned 15 months and isn't walking on her own yet. She is crawling, climbing, and cruising but just hasn't gotten brave enough to walk without letting go yet! She is currently wearing Robeez soft soles in size 6-12 months but her toes are almost to the top now so I need advice on what shoes to get her next. Should I get Robeez soft soles in size 12-18 months? I bought a pair of Robeez Mini Shoez in size 4 that are a Mary Jane style but when I tried them on, her feet are too thick and they were rubbing her foot where her toes start. I'm not sure if it is because of the Mary Jane style or what. I really liked the way the Robeez soft soles fit her. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

lizzywednesday
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Is there any reason you don't want her to be barefoot? I'm assuming she's cruising inside a house, rather than outside, so there's really no need for her to wear shoes at all now that it's summertime.

I used the MiniStar by Bobux brand slip-ons from Target, which are similar to Robeez but at a lower price point, for my DD until she started to walk well on her own ... at 13 months. Then we went to Stride Rite to get her feet sized & buy a pair of sneakers, which she's just outgrown.

I don't plan to buy her another pair of Stride Rite sneakers until the Fall, and then I'm hoping to go to the SR outlet instead.

cutlerj
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Is there any reason you don't want her to be barefoot? I'm assuming she's cruising inside a house, rather than outside, so there's really no need for her to wear shoes at all now that it's summertime.

I used the MiniStar by Bobux brand slip-ons from Target, which are similar to Robeez but at a lower price point, for my DD until she started to walk well on her own ... at 13 months. Then we went to Stride Rite to get her feet sized & buy a pair of sneakers, which she's just outgrown.

I don't plan to buy her another pair of Stride Rite sneakers until the Fall, and then I'm hoping to go to the SR outlet instead.

I do let her go barefoot most of the time but her daycare requested that she wear shoes. They take her outside every day and let her play and she cruises while holding onto things outside. We live in Michigan so the weather changes often.

alirebco
07-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I would stick with the soft soled shoes like Robeez, Pediped, SKR Smaller until she has been walking for a few months on her own.

lizzywednesday
07-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I do let her go barefoot most of the time but her daycare requested that she wear shoes. They take her outside every day and let her play and she cruises while holding onto things outside. We live in Michigan so the weather changes often.

Makes sense. (Weather changeability is fairly common here in NJ, too, though not as much as I seem to remember from when I was a kid!)

I would stick with the soft soled shoes like Robeez, Pediped, SKR Smaller until she has been walking for a few months on her own.

:yeahthat:

Soft shoes sound like they're fine for the time being, then!

AnnieW625
07-22-2011, 03:00 PM
With DD1 we went from Pedipeds or Robeez to Crocs Caymans (these actually helped DD1 walk better believe or not!) to See Kai Runs with the soft stitched sole (http://www.seekairun.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=KENZI). DD1 wasn't a proficient walker until she was almost 17 months old. After she outgrew the SKRs we got her some Stride Rites similar to these (http://www.striderite.com/store/SiteController/striderite/productdetails?catId=cat1530399SR&productId=8-121041&skuId=***8********BG35824*M065&stockNumber=BG35824&showDefaultOption=true) and even though they look hard they are pretty flexible. She wore those till about the time she turned 2.

DD2 is almost 15 months and not walking. She wears Pedipeds or Robeez, and Crocs. She is very close to walking and for the time being she'll be in the those brands because that's what I kept from DD1. The soft soled See Kai Runs I bought for DD1 at this age are still way too big for her so I estimate she'll be wearing those right about 18 to 20 months, but I think they are a great shoe for a new walker who isn't 100% ready for a traditional hard soled shoe. I wish they made more styles in them; they used to but then they introduced Smaller, but honestly after reading reviews on Amazon I decided not to get her any because people were complaining about them not wearing well.

I also had a pair of Bobux Mini Star shoes and those didn't hold up at all for DD1 once she was crawling around. I had to buy a pair of crib shoes for DD2 a few months ago because DD1's shoes were too big and I bought a pair of Bobux Orignals and they are SOO much better quality wise; similar to the older Robeez I have from DD1 (can't comment on the newer ones though as I haven't bought any since 2007).