PDA

View Full Version : Verbal invite to bday party but no info

alleycat
07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I bumped into the mom of DD's friend from her old daycare last week. She mentioned that she's having a birthday party for her DC and we should attend. Well, the party is this Sunday and she hasn't sent any information. Time, location, etc.

So do I email the mom and say hey, are we still invited? How do I word the email? Or do I just let it go and skip the party. I know DD would like to see her old friends. But do you think the mom mentioned it but now has no room for additional kids and that's why she didn't send me an invite? I know it's not at their home. She mentioned it being at some children's party place.

rlu
07-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Do you really want to go? Personally I'd let it go and if she contacts you afterwards you could arrange a playdate instead.

We had something similar happen where a kid in DS class told him about the party and then the invite showed up two days later in DS's backpack (I think we were added due to the mention but we went anyway since it is quite likely we'll be seeing this kid over the next 4 years at school and he and DS get along most days).

Raidra
07-22-2011, 02:34 PM
If your daughter doesn't know about it, I'd definitely just let it go. We're facing something similar.. a friend mentioned that her son's b-day party will be 8/6 but didn't say when or where, and we haven't gotten an invite yet. We're inviting them to my son's party 8/13.

If she does know about it, then that might be a little trickier. I'd consider sending an email if I thought my daughter might be really upset by not getting to go. If she'd forget about it easily, then I'd let it go.

ha98ed14
07-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I totally feel for you! I hate sh!t like this. It makes me wanna go live on a deserted island!

twowhat?
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I'd let it go unless your DD really wants to go.

If so: "DD has been talking about DC's birthday party. I can't remember when you said it would be? If we missed it, DD would love to see DC at some other time - we should plan a playdate!"

gatorsmom
07-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I would let it go. We were invited by mouth to a birthday party and I told the kids that we would only go if we received an outright invitation. We did and we went but we would not have gone otherwise.

alleycat
07-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks. I think I'm going to let it go. I told DD about it and she wants to go but I'm sure she'll get over it.