PDA

View Full Version : Birthday present for 2-year old girl?

rin
07-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi all! My cousin's daughter is turning two this month, and I'd like to send her a gift. I've haven't met her since she was three days old (they live in Germany and we haven't been able to get over to visit them yet), so I don't really know much about her interests, but I'd like to get her something in the $20-$40 range. What's your go-to gift for two-year old girls?

(Bonus points if it's available in Germany, so I can order it from German Amazon and have it shipped directly to their house!)

Thanks in advance!!

ETA: While I don't know much about her interests, I do know that my cousin's wife is very anti-pink, anti-girly stuff, so I guess more gender-neutral toys/gifts would be better.

boilermakermom
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I am not sure how to search Amazon Germany, so not sure if this will work or not.

What about the Leap Frog Scout puppy? DD received one at that age, and loves it!!! And it's green - not pink/purple.

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-19156-My-Pal-Scout/dp/B001W30D2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311358782&sr=8-1

DVD's and books are always great!!!! They might not have some of the stuff we have available here....

Dr. Suess (Cat in the Hat book and/or DVD)
Sandra Boyton (all her board books are great!)

LMPC
07-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I would go with books...easy to mail! Maybe you could get a Dr Seuss in German and English?

lizzywednesday
07-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe I am weird, but I match the gift by how close I am to the kid's parents.

I just bought a 2 y/o girl a Hanna playdress (size 100), bike shorts, sun hat & hair clip ... but I've been friends with the kid's mom since we were in the 1st grade, so it's probably above-and-beyond what you'd be sending.

Before that, the last 2 y/o girls I shopped for were our super-girly nieces.